Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

new user, plus info about blue since 1948 or whatever he is

Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:59 pm

Firstly hi everyone, long time lurker here, first time poster. going to get it over with right now, would rather blue but can see the logic if we are trying to attract further investment / sponsorship from China so willing to give it a try cautiously.

Secondly, and clearly more importantly(!) in case anyone still didn't know, blue since 48 is almost certainly a fraud as his avatar is all over the internet as a generic grumpy old man. see link http://www.tineye.com/search/aec18f9a07 ... b27f5da9f/

sorry matey!

Re: new user, plus info about blue since 1948 or whatever he is

Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:00 pm

I don't think anyone believes it is actually him tbh

Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:02 pm

His avatar is named "Angry Old Man" on most avatar sites, and who else on this forum is called Angry Man? :lol:

Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:02 pm

TheLad wrote:I don't think anyone believes it is actually him tbh

Oh I totally agree, just showing some proof! maybe not the best way to start a first post however but onwards and upwards!

Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:03 pm

TheLad wrote:I don't think anyone believes it is actually him tbh

actually who? ;)

Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:06 pm

Merlin wrote:His avatar is named "Angry Old Man" on most avatar sites, and who else on this forum is called Angry Man? :lol:

Penny has just dropped ;) :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:12 pm

Search my posts and look how critical I have been of Adam Brown, I am not Adam Brown. Not sure what I am more offended by, being called Adam Brown or someone say I am from Merthyr f*cking Tydfil.

Born in Roath and i'l die in Roath. :old:

Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:15 pm

Bluebird since 1948 wrote:Search my posts and look how critical I have been of Adam Brown, I am not Adam Brown. Not sure what I am more offended by, being called Adam Brown or someone say I am from Merthyr f*cking Tydfil.

:lol:

Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:18 pm

ohitsdenny wrote:Firstly hi everyone, long time lurker here, first time poster. going to get it over with right now, would rather blue but can see the logic if we are trying to attract further investment / sponsorship from China so willing to give it a try cautiously.

Secondly, and clearly more importantly(!) in case anyone still didn't know, blue since 48 is almost certainly a fraud as his avatar is all over the internet as a generic grumpy old man. see link http://www.tineye.com/search/aec18f9a07 ... b27f5da9f/

sorry matey!

His avatar is a photo of what looks like a grumpy old git and that makes him a fraud. :shock:

I couldn't give a toss if in real life he looks like the elephant man his contribution on the board is all that matters.

On that score he is in "A League Of His Own".

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:21 pm

castleblue wrote:
ohitsdenny wrote:Firstly hi everyone, long time lurker here, first time poster. going to get it over with right now, would rather blue but can see the logic if we are trying to attract further investment / sponsorship from China so willing to give it a try cautiously.

sorry matey!

His avatar is a photo of what looks like a grumpy old git and that makes him a fraud. :shock:

I couldn't give a toss if in real life he looks like the elephant man his contribution on the board is all that matters.

Wow high praise indeed from a fellow elderly poster on here, I may come across as crude on occasion but I do have a modicum of common sense on all things plastic, Malaysian and Cardiff City.

:old:

Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:25 pm

I have met him in real life a few times. He is an avid City fan, he is indeed an elderly gentleman, does indeed live in Roath but has the club at heart.

Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:27 pm

It's him ^

Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:27 pm

Bluebird since 1948 wrote:Search my posts and look how critical I have been of Adam Brown, I am not Adam Brown. Not sure what I am more offended by, being called Adam Brown or someone say I am from Merthyr f*cking Tydfil.

Are you RoathMagic?

Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:28 pm

of course :?

Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:28 pm

The mods could easily just match their ip's. Unless that's admin power. Or he runs a proxy because he loves his gimmick that damn much

Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:30 pm

all for it

Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:31 pm

Bluebird since 1948 wrote:
castleblue wrote:

sorry matey!

Wow high praise indeed from a fellow elderly poster on here, I may come across as crude on occasion but I do have a modicum of common sense on all things plastic, Malaysian and Cardiff City.

:old:

Couldn't believe that poll to have you banned the other day, I voted NO by the way, I must admit your one of my secret pleasures. :D

Can't tell you the others it involves the wife and a Bluebirds shirt. ;)

Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:32 pm

RoathMagic wrote:I have met him in real life a few times. He is an avid City fan, he is indeed an elderly gentleman, does indeed live in Roath but has the club at heart.

I did wonder if it was RM.

Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:37 pm

you wondered wrong then

Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:44 pm

That's another one to the list then. I have been called, Daya, Adam Brown, Polo, Johnny Rhythm, Gwyn, Annis and all the mods. Now I am being called Roath Magic, an improvement I guess.

:old: :old:

Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:50 pm

I do enjoy the game of guessing who 1948 is.

But wait we already know! He is DAVID DAVIES FROM ROATH! :old:

Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:52 pm

WOAH WOAH!! Ok, this is my first official post, I read the forums alot, but I have to intervene at this stupidity!

ohitsdenny..... Firstly, investment is coming from Malaysia, lets get that one out the way.

Secondly, by your logic of blue since 48 being the man in his display picture also means that TheLad is in actual fact, Morgan Freeman, Merlin is Gandlaf the White and Marc is the late Eddie Stobart.

Dude.....

Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:53 pm

JamesC wrote:
Secondly, by your logic of blue since 48 being the man in his display picture also means that TheLad is in actual fact, Morgan Freeman,

Dude.....

Crap, I've been rumbled

Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:58 pm

Whilst we're on the subject, I am indeed Boris Johnson.

Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:01 pm

OhhhGa wrote:Whilst we're on the subject, I am indeed Boris Johnson.

Knew it. :old:

Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:03 pm

OhhhGa wrote:Whilst we're on the subject, I am indeed Boris Johnson.

Tell us something we didn't know. ;)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:06 pm

Bluebird since 1948 wrote:That's another one to the list then. I have been called, Daya, Adam Brown, Polo, Johnny Rhythm, Gwyn, Annis and all the mods. Now I am being called Roath Magic, an improvement I guess.

:old: :old:

Sounds like a 1960's rock and roll band to me :D

Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:09 pm

Ahh! Such a weight off my shoulders, much like Ken Livingstone if truth be told.

Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:11 pm

OhhhGa wrote:Ahh! Such a weight off my shoulders, much like Ken Livingstone if truth be told.

Got any Olympic tickets going spare. ;)

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:15 pm

JamesC wrote:WOAH WOAH!! Ok, this is my first official post, I read the forums alot, but I have to intervene at this stupidity!

ohitsdenny..... Firstly, investment is coming from Malaysia, lets get that one out the way.

Secondly, by your logic of blue since 48 being the man in his display picture also means that TheLad is in actual fact, Morgan Freeman, Merlin is Gandlaf the White and Marc is the late Eddie Stobart.

Dude.....

James,

I know what you are saying however its not as if TheLad is coming on here pretending to be a famous actor is he? :D It's all in jest anyway as blue since 48 is at least doing it in good humour!

away from message board silliness, your first point about the investment, I meant that I believe we are getting the original investment from VT etc (assuming langstone is sorted) but the red rebranding is to attract further investment as the idea is that it is easier to "sell" this brand to Chinese investors / businessmen (ie. it not all about selling shirts). Its an interesting idea and my view is lets go with it reluctantly for now and see how it goes.