Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" A PEACEFUL AND CHEAP PROTEST "

Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:26 pm

Just been to our club shop, the staff(girls) as usual very helpful, but a bit stressed due to some fans taking it out on them regarding the stripping of our colours and badge, its not there fault they are just doing their jobs.

Bargains galore in there, just spent £26 and for that I bought 4 different shirts and polo shirts all Blue and with our badge on plus a blow up ring in our badge colours for my 2 year old when on hols.

Now to the protest, as many know, Ive never worn colours at a football match in my life, only when on my holidays, well that has changed big time for me, I will be wearing my colours/Blue and Bluebirds Badge at every home game next season.

Show your True colours next season and wear them with pride.

Remember never take it out the players, give them 100% support.
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
" BLUEBIRDS " :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: " A PEACEFUL AND CHEAP PROTEST "

Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:28 pm

Annis how about you wearing a bluebird baby grow, I'm sure we could get some decent sponsorship for charity ? :lol:

Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:33 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Just been to our club shop, the staff(girls) as usual very helpful, but a bit stressed due to some fans taking it out on them regarding the stripping of our colours and badge, its not there fault they are just doing their jobs.

Bargains galore in there, just spent £26 and for that I bought 4 different shirts and polo shirts all Blue and with our badge on plus a blow up ring in our badge colours for my 2 year old when on hols.

Now to the protest, as many know, Ive never worn colours at a football match in my life, only when on my holidays, well that has changed big time for me, I will be wearing my colours/Blue and Bluebirds Badge at every home game next season.

Personally I don`t tend to wear replica shirts any more as I don`t have the figure for them :D But if I did it would be blue.

I have no problem with those around me wearing red though if they wish as it will be their personal preference.

What will interest me though is how many times the new blue away shirts will have "not yet arrived" in the club shop or are suddenly "out of stock" to prevent fans buying them and wearing them to home games.

Keith

Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:35 pm

I wont be buying anything from the club shop, certainly not the Red Shirt
or anything with that badge on it.

Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:35 pm

since62 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Just been to our club shop, the staff(girls) as usual very helpful, but a bit stressed due to some fans taking it out on them regarding the stripping of our colours and badge, its not there fault they are just doing their jobs.

Or Keith, how many times they wear it at away games, hmm, interesting.

Personally I don`t tend to wear replica shirts any more as I don`t have the figure for them :D But if I did it would be blue.

I have no problem with those around me wearing red though if they wish as it will be their personal preference.

What will interest me though is how many times the new blue away shirts will have "not yet arrived" in the club shop or are suddenly "out of stock" to prevent fans buying them and wearing them to home games.

Keith

Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:48 pm

I'm 100% against this 're-branding', but nobody should vent their frustrations on the girls in the shop, or the ticket office staff, the players, or even the stewards. They are just doing their jobs.

By all means vent your anger against VT, TG and the local based directors. Fair game.

To be honest, I'm dreading going into the club shop. It was bad enough when the egg-chasers were there, but full of red dragon stuff will be hell.

Talking about kits, there should be a third kit revealed soon. Anybody know what it is?

I'll still be in casuals though. Much as I am opposed to the changes, replica tops are a protest too far!

Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:51 pm

went down shop last week bought a few bluebird polo tops and rcity shirt with malaysion on it.

got speaking to girls and they been told they not to give an opinion, but when it was just me and
the girl she said she was against re-branding.

i dont generally wear colours but will def first home game andit wont be red.

generaly buy the 3 kids new tops but they have said they dont want red

Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:05 pm

Thanks Annis for the update! Just called Mum and asked her to pop down the club shop for me and pick me up some blue bargins!!
Have great day everybody!

Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:05 pm

Shouldn't take it out on the staff at the Club Shop FFS :twisted:

I'll be wearing Blue myself, nothing against other peoples opinions on the rebranding but I will be in Blue :D :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:07 pm

MillarFromTheHalfWayLine wrote:I wont be buying anything from the club shop, certainly not the Red Shirt
or anything with that badge on it.

I wont either, I am on about our current Badge and colours. :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:08 pm

OrlandoBlue wrote:Thanks Annis for the update! Just called Mum and asked her to pop down the club shop for me and pick me up some blue bargins!!
Have great day everybody!

Vicky, tell her to have a good look and ask the girls say I sent her in. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:12 pm

Hey Annis,
Nice to meet you in the club shop today!
The girls were a good help and a great laugh!
Always blue!
Can't wait for the season to start! I feel lost without footy going on!
Claire

Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:16 pm

Have they got ant beach towels on sale?......?

Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:18 pm

spikey wrote:went down shop last week bought a few bluebird polo tops and rcity shirt with malaysion on it.

got speaking to girls and they been told they not to give an opinion, but when it was just me and
the girl she said she was against re-branding.

i dont generally wear colours but will def first home game andit wont be red.

generaly buy the 3 kids new tops but they have said they dont want red

Great you'll get her sacked thanks for grassing :D

Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:49 pm

Tiger wrote:Have they got ant beach towels on sale?......?

Sold out i'm afraid as i wanted one for Cyprus :( Guess i will have to wait til the red one comes in now :lol:

Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:52 pm

Rosemead wrote:Hey Annis,
Nice to meet you in the club shop today!
The girls were a good help and a great laugh!
Always blue!
Can't wait for the season to start! I feel lost without footy going on!
Claire

Yes Claire, a good old chat and let our feelings out, look forward to seeing u next season. The staff are fantastic in there. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:55 pm

What is left?
Tempted to make a trip down, but if there isn't much there, its a bit of a waste of 3 hours and £5 (train fare).
There any home shirts still there?

Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:57 pm

WelshBluebird wrote:What is left?
Tempted to make a trip down, but if there isn't much there, its a bit of a waste of 3 hours and £5 (train fare).

Must have put more out today as i was there yesterday and there was the crap left for adults :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:58 pm

WelshBluebird wrote:What is left?
There any home shirts still there?

Yes home shirts still there, I bought one without Malaysia on it. :lol: :ayatollah:
Massive selection of track suits/polo shirts/football shirts/training tops and plenty of shirts without Malaysia on :lol: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: Very very cheap. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:52 pm

Can you buy the blubird badge in there?, be interesting if you can as you could sew it over the shocking new badge on the new blue kit :lol: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:05 pm

Marc wrote:Shouldn't take it out on the staff at the Club Shop FFS :twisted:

I'll be wearing Blue myself, nothing against other peoples opinions on the rebranding but I will be in Blue :D :ayatollah:

We'll show those Red Ultras Chief :D :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:13 pm

Remember never take it out the players, give them 100% support.
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I was in today and the girls said the same things to me about the abuse they have had. Not on at all -they are nothing but helpful and need our support too. I bought a pair of the very snazzy new bluebird bathing shorts.

Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:15 pm

What a rubbish protest IMO.

The best idea is stay in the PUB!!!!!! :ayatollah: