Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Too Many Egos and too Little Substance

Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:54 pm

Karl,

Trust me, i'll never take a messageboard too seriously.

Just making an observatio and am looking forward to talking football again, rather than rebrand.

Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:55 pm

Blueboo wrote:Karl,

Trust me, i'll never take a messageboard too seriously.

Just making an observatio and am looking forward to talking football again, rather than rebrand.

Same here. It's ridiculous at the moment.

Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:01 pm

It should all be fun. Footie banter and possible news. We do get a bit of news on here - Annis has great contacts and passes the info on. BUT , no new info is set in stone , so sometimes Annis appears wrong when he wasn't , if you know what I mean.
We also get opinions (some we like , some we don't) , but that makes debate.

Don't take it all too seriously. ENJOY !!

Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:01 pm

I love this board :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

If people don't like it, they haven't got to read or post on it.

Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:07 pm

Blueboo wrote:Annis,

On a positive note, as I stated previously I admire those who set up and manage forums such as this. I just dispair with a lot of the content.

It is dismissive comments such as 'go and start your own messageboard' that just reinforces the comments on my original thread. It seems the attitude is, that if you don't like anything, then p*ss off, rather than discuss what some people don't like and why they don't like it, and see if things can be changed for the better.

I never said the messageboard had no value, or that there were no decent topics of conversation. I just stated what many people think, that the board is getting a bit stale and too dominated by a handful of posters.

There may well be millions of hits, but most are simply browsers who like me, assume that because there are a lot of registered users, that it's a good place to pick up any new stories about the club, with relevant links to other websites, such as you linking in every story from Wales Online. Recently however, it's get harder and harder to find anything other than 'red or blue, pro Tan or Anti tan, etc, etc.

I would doubt most browsers on the site really log on specifially to hear the opinions of Angryman, Daya, Nukeblue, etc. Perhaps I'm in the minority thinking this.

But I love good debates on here and I really enjoy people giving their different opinions on say Sam/ Malaysians/DJ/Malky etc etc etc. :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:09 pm

BigGwynram wrote:

On a positive note, as I stated previously I admire those who set up and manage forums such as this. I just dispair with a lot of the content.

It is dismissive comments such as 'go and start your own messageboard' that just reinforces the comments on my original thread. It seems the attitude is, that if you don't like anything, then p*ss off, rather than discuss what some people don't like and why they don't like it, and see if things can be changed for the better.

I never said the messageboard had no value, or that there were no decent topics of conversation. I just stated what many people think, that the board is getting a bit stale and too dominated by a handful of posters.

There may well be millions of hits, but most are simply browsers who like me, assume that because there are a lot of registered users, that it's a good place to pick up any new stories about the club, with relevant links to other websites, such as you linking in every story from Wales Online. Recently however, it's get harder and harder to find anything other than 'red or blue, pro Tan or Anti tan, etc, etc.

I would doubt most browsers on the site really log on specifially to hear the opinions of Angryman, Daya, Nukeblue, etc. Perhaps I'm in the minority thinking this.

I can see where your coming from, but the facts are the figures for hits and responses would argue differently, some of the biggest most read responses and associated post come from some of the egos you refer to.

It's a bit like people coming on here moaning about hooliganism, yet you put up a post with the words fight ot kicking of in the streetype heading, and the hits go through the roof. :ayatollah:

Spot on there Gwyn, a post on hooliganism or say Chopra out gambling has massive hits.
We had fans moaning about updates, yet they had 10,000 views.

Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:09 pm

Karl wrote:It's not that serious. It's just a messageboard.

The only bad thing is when people take it too seriously and make threads like this.

Correct. :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:10 pm

HANDBALL ! wrote:It should all be fun. Footie banter and possible news. We do get a bit of news on here - Annis has great contacts and passes the info on. BUT , no new info is set in stone , so sometimes Annis appears wrong when he wasn't , if you know what I mean.
We also get opinions (some we like , some we don't) , but that makes debate.

Don't take it all too seriously. ENJOY !!

I agree, a forum is also there for letting a bit of steam off if we have played badly :lol:

Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:11 pm

Die Walkure wrote:I love this board :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

If people don't like it, they haven't got to read or post on it.

Correct Die, u and I disagree on many things, but its about opinions. :ayatollah:

I dont force anyone to come on here except Carlos :lol:

Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:21 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

But I love good debates on here and I really enjoy people giving their different opinions on say Sam/ Malaysians/DJ/Malky etc etc etc. :ayatollah:

Annis we spoke the other day and you asked me to put together my thoughts on the rebranding and promised to make it a sticky. You did this even though you knew I was prepared to take a pragmatic view on it, Why? because you love to debate and for me you don't get enough credit for allowing people the right to both have and voice their opinions on your messageboard.

That's why this board is a cut above the others on offer for Cardiff fans.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:27 pm

castleblue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Annis we spoke the other day and you asked me to put together my thoughts on the rebranding and promised to make it a sticky. You did this even though you knew I was prepared to take a pragmatic view on it, Why? because you love to debate and for me you don't get enough credit for allowing people the right to both have and voice their opinions on your messageboard.

Thank you Gary, I like to see and read both sides of everything. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:42 pm

Personally I'd like it if we had a separate board for politics threads.

I know some people love posting in them and I've posted in them a few times but I thionk they just drag the forum down and they're so depressing.

They just breed ill-feeling towards eachother and sometimes the whole forum is filled up with the same topic as people start new threads for their unique insights rather than adding them to other threads, or they do add them to other threads, get no response and repost it again because they spent a whole five minutes writing that ramble and people had damn well better read it. :roll:

I'd also agree on the point of people bickering. Some threads just colapse as soon as one or two posters arrive in them through no fault of their own as people just have agendas against them. It seems every time Gwyn posts in a thread he gets a bunch of followers in there that only go in the thread to abuse him, and while he can clearly hold his own, it completely derails the thread.

I'm not sure what can be done about that tbh other than forum restraining orders? :D

Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:01 pm

"We get the hits, so Feck all of you, we're right your wrong, end of!"

Well, listening to your customers has to matter regardless. Otherwise, one day you'll end up with Feck all hits and you'll wonder why.
I do like coming on, and agree with a previous post.......it is good to take a break to clear the head sometimes too.

I'll even admit to enjoying around 50% of Carl's updates!!

Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:35 pm

If you dont like it f**k OFF

Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:36 pm

CP76 wrote:If you dont like it f**k OFF

You can really tell that you work in customer service.

Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:45 pm

OhhhGa wrote:

Actualy I do

Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:47 pm

CP76 wrote:
OhhhGa wrote:

Actualy I do

I know, it wasn't a joke.

Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:05 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
TheLad wrote:
Blueboo wrote:The main problem with this board compared to some other supporters clubs messageboards, is that there are too many characters who want to dominate the board and who have to be heard above other regular posters.

There are so many agendas, egos and let's be frank, total bellends and false accounts (usually belonging to the aforementioned) on this site that regular users seem to have forgotton why they probably registered in the first place.

Is it not possible to talk about existing Cardiff players, potential crunch games, preferred line ups, share comical stories and engage in a bit of friendly CCFC banter, rather than having to rely on snippets of insider info, or posts from regulars with an axe to grind to stoke up debate.

It seems that there are a handful of between 10-20 regular posters on here that think they speak for large chunks of the fanbase, when in reality most fans I know simply skim this messageboard just wanting to talk football.

It's a shame there seems to be a simple choice between the overly political CCMB and the overly opinionated CCF. A third choice for football fans would go down a treat. All threads related to the following could be banned:

Politics
Plastics
Book offers
Insider Info (Anyone stating they are in ITK would be banned
Racism or non football related jokes
Speculation about who is using which alias
Anything related to Adam Brown or Daya (who fit all the criteria above)
I could go on

Be nice to just talk football for once, like most fans do down the pub. It's no suprise that people can express totally different opinions about football and players without abusing each other in the boozer and yet it's soo difficult to find a thread without someone belittling or abusing someone else's viewpoint on this massageboard.

I think this says a lot about some of the spineless posters on here when it is clear they would respect other peoples opinions more face to face than on a keyboard.

To many 'Posse Pussies' on this board. That's what we used to call bullies who were nothing without the support of a mob.

it is not too often I say this, so be grateful, but this is an excellent post.

So much sycophancy on here, you have to trawl through topics and pages of posts to find something non platitudinous. Plus the egos of certain prominent members are too choking and controlling. But if it was just football talk it'd be boring. I love a bit of drama, but yeah, mostly agree, too much crap.

But, I belittle people in real life for having moronic opinions, so I'll continue to do it here and improve the board.

If your not happy, why come on here ? why not the both of u start a new mb up ?
In Jan 2012 this Forum had 33 mill hits,in May 2012 this forum had 45 mill hits, we must be doing something right.
Always good for a chuckle when their is nothing funny on any of the satilitte channels ............well you asked :D

Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:18 pm

OhhhGa wrote:
CP76 wrote:
OhhhGa wrote:

Actualy I do

You dont know me from Adam

Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:42 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: top guy !^^ :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:16 am

The only thing that truly irritates me about this board, is the now constant pointless bickering about being pro red or anti red, plastic or non plastic, etc. it wouldn't be so bad if it was a proper debate on a single thread, but now everyday we get threads showing up from the pro reds attacking the anti reds, and vice versa. You have to highlight the fact other fans shouldn't be considered your enemy if you oppose the change, not should the anti's be if you support it.

Basically, if it HAS to be debated still, I want more substance than 'you're not a real fan if you don't like red', or 'you're not a real fan because you like red'.

Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:32 am

CP76 wrote:
OhhhGa wrote:
CP76 wrote:
OhhhGa wrote:

Actualy I do

You dont know me from Adam

Once again, that was a joke. Lighten up old chap!

Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:52 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
TheLad wrote:
Blueboo wrote:The main problem with this board compared to some other supporters clubs messageboards, is that there are too many characters who want to dominate the board and who have to be heard above other regular posters.

There are so many agendas, egos and let's be frank, total bellends and false accounts (usually belonging to the aforementioned) on this site that regular users seem to have forgotton why they probably registered in the first place.

Is it not possible to talk about existing Cardiff players, potential crunch games, preferred line ups, share comical stories and engage in a bit of friendly CCFC banter, rather than having to rely on snippets of insider info, or posts from regulars with an axe to grind to stoke up debate.

It seems that there are a handful of between 10-20 regular posters on here that think they speak for large chunks of the fanbase, when in reality most fans I know simply skim this messageboard just wanting to talk football.

It's a shame there seems to be a simple choice between the overly political CCMB and the overly opinionated CCF. A third choice for football fans would go down a treat. All threads related to the following could be banned:

Politics
Plastics
Book offers
I could go on

Be nice to just talk football for once, like most fans do down the pub. It's no suprise that people can express totally different opinions about football and players without abusing each other in the boozer and yet it's soo difficult to find a thread without someone belittling or abusing someone else's viewpoint on this massageboard.

I think this says a lot about some of the spineless posters on here when it is clear they would respect other peoples opinions more face to face than on a keyboard.

To many 'Posse Pussies' on this board. That's what we used to call bullies who were nothing without the support of a mob.

it is not too often I say this, so be grateful, but this is an excellent post.

So much sycophancy on here, you have to trawl through topics and pages of posts to find something non platitudinous. Plus the egos of certain prominent members are too choking and controlling. But if it was just football talk it'd be boring. I love a bit of drama, but yeah, mostly agree, too much crap.

But, I belittle people in real life for having moronic opinions, so I'll continue to do it here and improve the board.

If your not happy, why come on here ? why not the both of u start a new mb up ?
In Jan 2012 this Forum had 33 mill hits,in May 2012 this forum had 45 mill hits, we must be doing something right.

Yes but what to fail to mention Annis is out of the 33 million hits almost all are copies and pasdte from Walesonline :lol: mostly by yourself and yes we are happy to come here but of course we get pissed off when a certain someone starts making sure that we have to have his opinions rammed down our throats and if we dare to express options of our own we get modded ,banned or at the very least reminded how grateful we should be for this site ....well try letting somebody else score a goal or take a penalty before you decide it is your ball and if you cant have youe own way youir taking the ball home.

Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:11 pm

Politics
Plastics
Book offers
I could go on

I'm sure there's good and bad on every board of its type. I don't mind there being subjects other than football mentioned, because it makes the topics varied, just like life itself. There are certain posters and subjects that I'll probably avoid and some that I'll get involved in most of the time.

You've made lots of good points, but it seems to me that you've just stated the obvious, without acknowledging the fact that we know.

You used the word "opinionated" and that's usually used by people who don't like to give their opinion, yet criticise those who do.

You started one paragraph with "is it not possible to talk about....." - yes it is, yet you chose to do this instead. You haven't posted many times, yet one of your posts has slated this board.

There are keyboard warriors about and there are those that would say it face to face. That's always been the case.

Anyway, enough of all that, post away......

Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:23 pm

Gunna be honest with you mate....my name aint really mo greenz!!!

Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:36 pm

Politics
Plastics
Book offers
I could go on

There is a Redbird forum lol :? and myself and Dazzy due to reasons mentioned above have created a forum called keepcardiffblue proboard early days but 50 members in a week and onwards and updwards :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:43 pm

At the moment, this board is much better than CCMB regarding CCFC.

Any thread there just seems to get hijacked by those who are disillusioned by everything.
It no longer feels like CCFC to some, but it still does to me and I don't want to be made to feel guilty about my continued support.

In addition to that there has been a consistent nerdy and juvenile element for a long time with multiple aliases intent on causing shit "just for a laugh".

Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:48 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
castleblue wrote:Whenever I post on this board I park my ego at login.

Malkay told me to. ;)

:lol: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

There would be no posts as none are allowed :lol: :lol:

Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:19 pm

castleblue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

cb it,s a cut above of other sites full stop.ccf is no where near the worst for abusive postings etc.times are emotive atm for ccfc fans .annis has had abuse for his beliefs yet allows the posts to remain.doubt many site owners would take what he does.so he does deserve a lot of credit.maybe a separate politics board would work.on small heath alliance you have to be a member just to browse the politics board.k.ro. :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:26 pm

Politics
Plastics
Book offers
I could go on

Shut up you herbert..