Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

WHO DO YOU RATE AS THE BETTER PLAYER?

You may select 1 option

View results

LETS SETTLE THIS - MILLER OR EARNSHAW?

Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:33 pm

I think Miller is by far the better player, but i would like to see other people's opinions :ayatollah:

Re: MILLER OR EARNSHAW?

Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:35 pm

When they are both on their utter top form I couldn't choose, but based on last season it's got to me miller even though Earnie didn't have a good enough chance :ayatollah:

Re: MILLER OR EARNSHAW?

Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:37 pm

Cant decide. For me the Miller we saw in the second half of last season isn't good enough. He can run all he wants but when you look at things he didn't really create a lot. I think if we'd seen more of Earnie throughout the season it would have been a little more exciting because he has some flair.

For me Miller should be playing an attacking midfield role from now on. Can't finish for shit

Re: LETS SETTLE THIS - MILLER OR EARNSHAW?

Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:43 pm

Miller is a scape goat. I am sorry but he has to be the most harshly criticised player I've ever seen here. Earnshaw is past it, take off your nostalgia goggles guys.

Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:44 pm

TheLad wrote:Miller is a scape goat. I am sorry but he has to be the most harshly criticised player I've ever seen here. Earnshaw is past it, take off your nostalgia goggles guys.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:56 pm

They're both f*cking shit mun. :old:

Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:04 pm

Cant believe people are considering it. Even if you got a target man he would be useless. Earnshaw would never play the amount of games Miller do with that formation. Earnshaw wouldnt be able to handle it. Miller all day. :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:07 am

Earnie 166 goals in league matches career miller 155 goal in league matches
both have scored 16 international goals
84 of miller were in crappy SPL
earnie is much better and would have scored more goals than miller if they had played the same amount of games last year in my opinion :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:09 am

What about the neither option?

Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:04 am

Miller and by a considerable distance for me.
Earnie needs to be released ASAP if we can someone to match his wages.

Miller needs help upfront but will be a big asset next season as long as used better.

Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:28 am

TheLad wrote:Miller is a scape goat. I am sorry but he has to be the most harshly criticised player I've ever seen here. Earnshaw is past it, take off your nostalgia goggles guys.

this ^ :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:40 am

Both shite.You need to get rid of Miller yesterday,seriously.No offence but he aint taking you to no Premier League and if he wasn't Scottish wouldn't have started 2nd half of the season for you.

Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:48 am

6 bysedd wrote:Both shite.You need to get rid of Miller yesterday,seriously.No offence but he aint taking you to no Premier League and if he wasn't Scottish wouldn't have started 2nd half of the season for you.

Its true about the scotish part but miller still got alot to prove if he had someone up there with him like bothroyd. U can see were im going ;)

Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:57 am

Miller easily but as stated above he still has alot to prove. Based on last seasons performances, he is not worth the wage he is rumoured to be on.

Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:04 am

Neither they are both f*cking crap

Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:10 am

CP76 wrote:Neither they are both f*cking crap

You must have been a hell of a player back in the day then!

Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:15 pm

Overthemoon wrote:

Trials for Swansea but didnt come to nothing.

What thats got to do with knowing Kenny and Earnshaw are not good enough, especially for the money they are paid?

Mourinho wasnt a very good footballer but hes the best manager in the world. :roll:

Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:21 pm

CP76 wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:

Trials for Swansea but didnt come to nothing.

What thats got to do with knowing Kenny and Earnshaw are not good enough, especially for the money they are paid?

Mourinho wasnt a very good footballer but hes the best manager in the world. :roll:

Exactly. Same goes for Wenger and even Benitez. Ferguson wasn't anything special either!

Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:21 pm

phildavies wrote:Earnie 166 goals in league matches career miller 155 goal in league matches
earnie is much better and would have scored more goals than miller if they had played the same amount of games last year in my opinion :ayatollah:

so you rate league 1 & 2 better than the SPL as well then?

Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:31 pm

well put it this way celtic and rangers are on the same level of championship the rest of the league are a joke the manager of motherwell who finished 3rd last year said all there transfer targets were snapped up by league 2 clubs and they couldn't compete with them on wages or transfer fees its just a joke of league like a said earnies scored more goals he's also scored more in the Prem than miller I can't see why everybody seems to think he's great or he was great or whatever he's just rubbish IMO earnie was class at one point his problem IMO was he left us to early mind you the 3 mill we recieved for him probably saved us from admin at the time I belive he would still score 15 plus goals at champ level if played a full season but thats just my opinion :D

Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:33 pm

phildavies wrote:Earnie 166 goals in league matches career miller 155 goal in league matches

Earnshaw is past it. Way, way past it. He was dreadful when he played. This is what I mean when I say take off the nostalgia goggles.

Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:00 pm

TheLad wrote:

Earnshaw is past it. Way, way past it. He was dreadful when he played. This is what I mean when I say take off the nostalgia goggles.

miller was never good in the 1st place and he's older than earnie I feel very strongly that he would have scored he scored when he started at the start of the season he tried to hard when malky gave him chances with 5 mins left as he was trying to force his way back after not playing a league game for ages when we played WBA away in the FA cup mason and earnie were terrific up front together earnie scored and set up mason for a goal.

Hey it's just my opinion but I feel alot of fans don't pay Earnie enough respect for what he's done for the club.

Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:03 pm

Hey it's just my opinion but I feel alot of fans don't pay Earnie enough respect for what he's done for the club.

I think everyone has respect for what he did in his first stint.

However he shouldn't have come back, he isn't good enough and is not a hindrance on the club with wages that exceed his level of quality.

Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:05 pm

phildavies wrote:
TheLad wrote:

miller was never good in the 1st place and he's older than earnie I feel very strongly that he would have scored he scored when he started at the start of the season he tried to hard when malky gave him chances with 5 mins left as he was trying to force his way back after not playing a league game for ages when we played WBA away in the FA cup mason and earnie were terrific up front together earnie scored and set up mason for a goal.

Miller was good, he had a great run in the winter and puts far more effort in than Earnshaw. But as has been touched upon, he was far too isolated. All Earnshaw can do is score tap ins, lost his touch and pace. He's crap now.

Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:12 pm

TheLad wrote:
phildavies wrote:
TheLad wrote:

Miller was good, he had a great run in the winter and puts far more effort in than Earnshaw. But as has been touched upon, he was far too isolated. All Earnshaw can do is score tap ins, lost his touch and pace. He's crap now.

like ive already said just my opinion but I have disaagree with you but surely you can't believ miller was good :o he's only ever scored goals in the SPL at least earnie scored quite a few in the prem partically when he was at west brom ;)

Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:16 pm

phildavies wrote:like ive already said just my opinion but I have disaagree with you but surely you can't believ miller was good :o he's only ever scored goals in the SPL at least earnie scored quite a few in the prem partically when he was at west brom ;)

Miller doesn't justify 25K a week if that is true, but he is still far better than Earnshaw.

And I'm pretty sure he scored 50 goals for Wolves. Must be imagining it. Doesn't really matter what they did in the past anyway, hence why Miller is better in the present.

Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:22 pm

TheLad wrote:
phildavies wrote:like ive already said just my opinion but I have disaagree with you but surely you can't believ miller was good :o he's only ever scored goals in the SPL at least earnie scored quite a few in the prem partically when he was at west brom ;)

Miller doesn't justify 25K a week if that is true, but he is still far better than Earnshaw.

And I'm pretty sure he scored 50 goals for Wolves. Must be imagining it. Doesn't really matter what they did in the past anyway, hence why Miller is better in the present.

he did but most of them were in champ he was shit in the prem we will just have to agree to disagree alough you can't judge them from last season as earnie wasn't given a fair chance :ayatollah: