Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " peaceful protests "

Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:06 am

CARDIFF CITY V NEWCASTLE UTD Saturday August 11th 3pm kick off.
£20 Adults /£10 under 16's.
It's £15 for season ticket holders (adult) and £20 for non season holders. BLUEBIRDS CCFC :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:23 am

yep count me in to any peacefull protest mate.

Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:38 am

sleepwalker wrote:so we sign new players and you welcome them in with a protest.
well done boyos.

New players , New players is this all you think cardiff city is about jesus some fans out there, i couldnt give a f**k if we spend 500million on players TODAY i still wouldnt not change the fact whats gone on or make me feel any diffrent to the malaysians for what they have done without the fans input at all. Some people just do not seem to grasp whats been done but choose to sugar coat it with new players talk and debt free, to me both are just more spin like the past crap we have been told. :roll:

Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:50 am

bluebird1977 wrote:
sleepwalker wrote:so we sign new players and you welcome them in with a protest.
well done boyos.

New players , New players is this all you think cardiff city is about jesus some fans out there, i couldnt give a f**k if we spend 500million on players TODAY i still wouldnt not change the fact whats gone on or make me feel any diffrent to the malaysians for what they have done without the fans input at all. Some people just do not seem to grasp whats been done but choose to sugar coat it with new players talk and debt free, to me both are just more spin like the past crap we have been told. :roll:

I agree wholeheartedly with this because whilst I'm willing to be pragmatic about this rebranding thing what I want more than anything is for the promise of debt reduction and investment in infrastructure to be REAL. Unfortunately it may take 2 years before the debt reduction becomes visible when the clubs accounts are published, by that time work on the new training ground and expanding the stadium must have at least started.

If in two years little or worse none of these promises have been met then believe me I will be the poster boy for putting the blue back into Cardiff City. Firstly by starting the DO NOT RENEW YOUR SEASON TICKET. That will get their attention.

Given our current levels of debt I'm probably more concerned when I hear MM has the biggest purchasing budget in our history as personally I'd rather see the money spent reducing our debts.

Blue or Red I want my club here not just today, but tomorrow, next season, and for decades to come.

As regards peaceful protests I've got nothing against that and wearing Blue is a good start but please inside the stadium support our manager and the players 100%. Afterall that is our job.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:06 am

well if the kit has already been registered a march would be a waste of time and , of course , possibly set fan against fan which is the last thing we want as we all love the club

maybe all that we can ask for is a poll of all season ticket holders and those on our database

the result being a majority of our fans go with red .....thats the way it is ......simple as that

Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:07 am

castleblue wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:
well done boyos.

I agree wholeheartedly with this because whilst I'm willing to be pragmatic about this rebranding thing what I want more than anything is for the promise of debt reduction and investment in infrastructure to be REAL. Unfortunately it may take 2 years before the debt reduction becomes visible when the clubs accounts are published, by that time work on the new training ground and expanding the stadium must have at least started.

If in two years little or worse none of these promises have been met then believe me I will be the poster boy for putting the blue back into Cardiff City. Firstly by starting the DO NOT RENEW YOUR SEASON TICKET. That will get their attention.

Given our current levels of debt I'm probably more concerned when I hear MM has the biggest purchasing budget in our history as personally I'd rather see the money spent reducing our debts.

Blue or Red I want my club here not just today, but tomorrow, next season, and for decades to come.

As regards peaceful protests I've got nothing against that and wearing Blue is a good start but please inside the stadium support our manager and the players 100%. Afterall that is our job.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

:ayatollah:

Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:19 am

At Blackburn last season the fans protested. The players felt that the fans were not behind the team (i.e. the players) and they go relegated.

Any sign of us not being behind the boys in red may be seen as negative by the players and could impact in performance.

Just presenting the flip side of the coin.

Re: peaceful protests

Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:22 am

gaygav wrote:
Sludge wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:
CF14-SE14 wrote:
Essoblue wrote:
Sludge wrote:I will follow city in red next season if the malaysians dont change their mind

the thing is , plenty of fans think this change to red is a good idea and who the feck am I to tell others what to do

just a simple question really ......who on this board wanst us to stay in blue and would a peaceful protest in the same way we protested against ridsdale ( although he was killing the club , the malaysians are just changing the shirts ) scare away the malaysians or would they see it as fan " passion " and think better of us for it

clearly the malaysians are investing and everybody is grateful but this blue means a hell of a lot to some

and I am talking peaceful protest , not acting like idiots and intimidating people who see red as the only alternative ....which it may or may not be ?

Best protest for all to see, is everyone (even those that don't normaly wear colours) to wear blue shirts tops etc to the fist few games. :ayatollah:

I'm one who's never worn colours intentionally but will be wearing blue from now on.
Willing to peacefully protest as well.

bingo :ayatollah:

the issue is will a show of protest mean the malaysians say stuff you or will it bring fan into conflict with fan ?

because thats where it ends with me

if we seriously , genuinely have no alternative but to accept these colour changes then accept them we must or do what some will do and not attend games or do what I will do which will be attend games but always in blue ....even my stinking old 1978 top

but if ....?

Think weve already been stuffed by them, they are not going anywhere, i am convinced of that.

What are the alternatives? without them we are up the creek, and you know as well as I know, it will not be a peacefull demonstration, our lot are not capable of that, I believe it will be taken over by a mindless few who are intent on driving the Malasians away, and we all know what will happen then.

Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:23 am

New players on extortionate wages :lol:

That's the thing that turned us red in the first place. :oops:

£3m per month instead of £1m a month, equity this time though eh? :roll:

Be careful, peaceful protest could see the Malaysians walk away, wearing blue shirts could see the Malaysians walk away, complaining about the badge could see the Malaysians walk away, people withdrawing their season tickets could see the Malaysians walk away, a change of heart could see the Malaysians walk away, the equity idea not working out could see the Malaysians walk away, the failure to sort out the Langston deal could see the Malaysians walk away, the BBC withdrawing 'The One Show' from it's schedule could see the Malaysians walk away.

I suggest we tip-toe very carefully, embrace the big spend (that couldn't possibly come back to bite us on the arse) and wave our little red flags about joyously in the knowledge that we may get to see the likes of Manchester United, Liverpool, Wigan, Stoke and Swansea down here week after week. :ayatollah: 8-)

Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:50 am

well it does have to be accepted that any protest "could " force VT to walk away and that could spell disaster for the club

I am just opening up the forum for discussion

Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:54 am

well done boyos.

I can see your point

Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:55 am

Mastermind wrote:At Blackburn last season the fans protested. The players felt that the fans were not behind the team (i.e. the players) and they go relegated.

Any sign of us not being behind the boys in red may be seen as negative by the players and could impact in performance.

Just presenting the flip side of the coin.

FAIR POINT AGAIN

Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:10 am

Personally I think we have to run with the red for now and see what happens. I will be wearing Blue next season even thought I support the rebranding.

VT must have had other reasons for changing colour other than the shirt sales thing, so the door might be open in 2 to 3 years for a influencial lobbying by supporters leaders for a change back to blue once VT has achieved his goals.

However, I really don't think protest marches are of any use right now and they could run the risk of fatally damaging CCFC further.

Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:18 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:Personally I think we have to run with the red for now and see what happens. I will be wearing Blue next season even thought I support the rebranding.

VT must have had other reasons for changing colour other than the shirt sales thing, so the door might be open in 2 to 3 years for a influencial lobbying by supporters leaders for a change back to blue once VT has achieved his goals.

However, I really don't think protest marches are of any use right now and they could run the risk of fatally damaging CCFC further.

fair enough tony , good points well made

Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:23 pm

Sludge wrote:
jinks-rct wrote:I hope it really pisses down. :ayatollah: :lol:

dunno if you have been to the cardiff city stadium but its undercover

Protest outside you unbelievers :lol:

Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:17 pm

I'm going to do what I've done for years, support the Bluebirds wearing blue, no matter what colour they are playing in.

I don't see this as protesting - just normal !

Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:31 pm

" BEST WAY TO PROTEST "
link
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=83737 :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: