Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" peaceful protests "

Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:38 pm

I will follow city in red next season if the malaysians dont change their mind

the thing is , plenty of fans think this change to red is a good idea and who the feck am I to tell others what to do

just a simple question really ......who on this board wanst us to stay in blue and would a peaceful protest in the same way we protested against ridsdale ( although he was killing the club , the malaysians are just changing the shirts ) scare away the malaysians or would they see it as fan " passion " and think better of us for it

clearly the malaysians are investing and everybody is grateful but this blue means a hell of a lot to some

and I am talking peaceful protest , not acting like idiots and intimidating people who see red as the only alternative ....which it may or may not be ?

Re: peaceful protests

Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:42 pm

Sludge wrote:I will follow city in red next season if the malaysians dont change their mind

the thing is , plenty of fans think this change to red is a good idea and who the feck am I to tell others what to do

just a simple question really ......who on this board wanst us to stay in blue and would a peaceful protest in the same way we protested against ridsdale ( although he was killing the club , the malaysians are just changing the shirts ) scare away the malaysians or would they see it as fan " passion " and think better of us for it

clearly the malaysians are investing and everybody is grateful but this blue means a hell of a lot to some

and I am talking peaceful protest , not acting like idiots and intimidating people who see red as the only alternative ....which it may or may not be ?

Best protest for all to see, is everyone (even those that don't normaly wear colours) to wear blue shirts tops etc to the fist few games. :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:43 pm

They wont be scared away, i would imagine there will be more surprises in the pipeline, i fear this is only the beginning. As for investment, lets wait and see, cant see them putting much more in for no return.

Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:44 pm

They wont be scared away, i would imagine there will be more surprises in the pipeline, i fear this is only the beginning. As for investment, lets wait and see, cant see them putting much more in for no return.

Re: " peaceful protests "

Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:46 pm

newcastle game. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:47 pm

Essoblue wrote:
Sludge wrote:I will follow city in red next season if the malaysians dont change their mind

Best protest for all to see, is everyone (even those that don't normaly wear colours) to wear blue shirts tops etc to the fist few games. :ayatollah:

I'm one who's never worn colours intentionally but will be wearing blue from now on.
Willing to peacefully protest as well.

Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:48 pm

CF14-SE14 wrote:
Essoblue wrote:

I'm one who's never worn colours intentionally but will be wearing blue from now on.

Same

Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:50 pm

gaygav wrote:
CF14-SE14 wrote:
Essoblue wrote:

Same

I second that. :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:52 pm

CF14-SE14 wrote:
Essoblue wrote:

bingo :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:55 pm

Definately wear blue to all games. Flags at away games could get interesting. I hope something can be co-ordinated at the Newcastle game for pro-blue fans to vocalise their feelings before and after the game.

Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:59 pm

you can count me in on that too.

Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:00 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:
CF14-SE14 wrote:
Essoblue wrote:

the issue is will a show of protest mean the malaysians say stuff you or will it bring fan into conflict with fan ?

because thats where it ends with me

if we seriously , genuinely have no alternative but to accept these colour changes then accept them we must or do what some will do and not attend games or do what I will do which will be attend games but always in blue ....even my stinking old 1978 top

but if ....?

Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:00 pm

never usualy wear colours, but will wear a polo top with bluebirds badge at home, there the
way i feel at the moment can see me staying in the bar while kids watch game from the stands

football has changed for the worse in my mind, but as long as we get prem football i suppose it
does not matter does it ????

Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:04 pm

Sludge wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:
CF14-SE14 wrote:
Essoblue wrote:

the issue is will a show of protest mean the malaysians say stuff you or will it bring fan into conflict with fan ?

because thats where it ends with me

if we seriously , genuinely have no alternative but to accept these colour changes then accept them we must or do what some will do and not attend games or do what I will do which will be attend games but always in blue ....even my stinking old 1978 top

but if ....?

Think weve already been stuffed by them, they are not going anywhere, i am convinced of that.

Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:05 pm

I dont normally wear football shirts/ colours to games, i bought a blue home shirt yesterday and i will be wearing it to every home game... :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:09 pm

thats fair enough , nothing wrong with wanting premiership football and nothing wrong with someone saying they will buy the red kit

but I think its fair to say that a fair few out there are not happy and there should be no problem in saying that as long as its done in the right way and is respectful

however if any form of protest would lead to the malaysians simply jumping ship we all have to have a hard think about the consequences

I do not want to be intimidated nor would I want someone who thinks the malaysians are right to be intimidated

thats the bottom line

Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:10 pm

I'll be there..........in my BLUE shirt

These malaysians need to understand that this is a big issue for fans

Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:16 pm

trueblue wrote:I'll be there..........in my BLUE shirt

These malaysians need to understand that this is a big issue for fans

we have to accept that there are many fans however who think it is a good idea , not me I might add

so its worth discussing sensibly

Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:16 pm

Sludge wrote:thats fair enough , nothing wrong with wanting premiership football and nothing wrong with someone saying they will buy the red kit

but I think its fair to say that a fair few out there are not happy and there should be no problem in saying that as long as its done in the right way and is respectful

however if any form of protest would lead to the malaysians simply jumping ship we all have to have a hard think about the consequences

I do not want to be intimidated nor would I want someone who thinks the malaysians are right to be intimidated

thats the bottom line

Another point, if someone picks up the running, on anything that will upset the apple-cart, there are thousands of fans waiting to point a finger and a sword.

Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:18 pm

I think rather than protest,next time tg is over arrange Q and A with him so he can explain the reasons for changing to red,and what future plans are.protests can start peacefull but u only need a few in drink and things get out of hand.

Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:27 pm

ngriffiths wrote:I think rather than protest,next time tg is over arrange Q and A with him so he can explain the reasons for changing to red,and what future plans are.protests can start peacefull but u only need a few in drink and things get out of hand.

good idea

Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:28 pm

Essoblue wrote:
Sludge wrote:thats fair enough , nothing wrong with wanting premiership football and nothing wrong with someone saying they will buy the red kit

thats the bottom line

Another point, if someone picks up the running, on anything that will upset the apple-cart, there are thousands of fans waiting to point a finger and a sword.

again , good point

Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:38 pm

I hope it really pisses down. :ayatollah: :lol:

Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:48 pm

jinks-rct wrote:I hope it really pisses down. :ayatollah: :lol:

dunno if you have been to the cardiff city stadium but its undercover

Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:08 pm

as other posters have stated i dont normally where colours but i will be wearing blue next season
i can see a few nasty incidents over the blue/red thing because peoples felling are running so high
the result of which the blue fans would have the blame and our already over zellous stewards removing blue flags
its not going to be pretty

Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:14 pm

MAESTEG BLUE wrote:as other posters have stated i dont normally where colours but i will be wearing blue next season
i can see a few nasty incidents over the blue/red thing because peoples felling are running so high
the result of which the blue fans would have the blame and our already over zellous stewards removing blue flags

well clearly we have all a responsibility to act calmly in the ground

or for that matter outside

Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:26 pm

Sludge wrote:
MAESTEG BLUE wrote:as other posters have stated i dont normally where colours but i will be wearing blue next season

well clearly we have all a responsibility to act calmly in the ground

or for that matter outside

your spot on mate
but we have seen on the forums people can not act calmly and we all know we have one or two hot heads in our support

Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:30 pm

Whose going to carry the coffin. :D

Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:34 pm

so we sign new players and you welcome them in with a protest.
well done boyos.

Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:39 pm

I spoke to someone at the FA.RED HAS ALREADY BEEN REGISTERED AS NEXT SEASONS HOME COLOURS.