Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MY ECHO COLUMN

Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:11 pm

I heard today that my weekly column in the South Wales Echo has to be submitted to the club to be sanctioned before it goes to print.

Absolute nonesense.

Who actually writes this stuff ? :lol:

Edited by Carl Curtis - Just so everyone knows, my column is not sent to the club, this story doing the rounds today is total lies and an attempt to discredit me, the club and the Echo.

Re: MY ECHO COLUMN

Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:12 pm

carlccfc wrote:I heard today that my weekly column in the South Wales Echo has to be submitted to the club to be sanctioned before it goes to print.

Absolute nonesense.

If it has something to do with us signing a player I agree with the club.

Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:12 pm

That Lone Gunman fella on the other board who has an agenda against you and is very jealous by the looks Carl.

Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:14 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
carlccfc wrote:I heard today that my weekly column in the South Wales Echo has to be submitted to the club to be sanctioned before it goes to print.

Absolute nonesense.

The club don't get to see my column until everyone else gets to see it, on a Saturday morning.

Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:14 pm

Absolute nonesense.

Can't u just send the club your piece then edit it :lol: :lol:
Boring lot :lol: :lol:

Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:15 pm

I think TLG has a secret crush on you Carl :shock: :shock: ...You pair will probably end up best of butties, holidaying together soon enough. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:17 pm

carlccfc wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:

Absolute nonesense.

The club don't get to see my column until everyone else gets to see it, on a Saturday morning.

Well, I haven't the faintest idea what your column is about, all I'm saying is, I hope it's not about a potential signing, considering we've lost two already.

Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:18 pm

carlccfc wrote:

I thought you did?

Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:21 pm

Wayne S wrote:
carlccfc wrote:

I thought you did?

No, he just edits it! :)

Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:24 pm

Absolute nonesense.

A disgrace that the Echo agreed to that.

Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:27 pm

Thats what money buys folks even papers storys before they say ok release it :lol: how hideous has our club become.

Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:29 pm

Damned Yank wrote:

Absolute nonesense.

A disgrace that the Echo agreed to that.

It's bollux, my column does not get sent to the club, it is a malicious lie.

Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:30 pm

[quote="carlccfc"]I heard today that my weekly column in the South Wales Echo has to be submitted to the club to be sanctioned before it goes to print.

Absolute nonesense.

That is sad. They might as well cut out the middleman and print a club statement and release that instead. :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:35 pm

The echos coverage of the re brand has been a joke. Propaganda bullishit. Terry philips is a disgrase. The echo has become little more than a mouthpiece for the club to spout falsehoods and lies.

Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:37 pm

jama wrote:The echos coverage of the re brand has been a joke. Propaganda bullishit. Terry philips is a disgrase. The echo has become little more than a mouthpiece for the club to spout falsehoods and lies.

Sadly I have to agree with u Jama.

Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:39 pm

The echo has always had piss poor amateur journalists in my opinion.

Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:39 pm

jama wrote:The echos coverage of the re brand has been a joke. Propaganda bullishit. Terry philips is a disgrase. The echo has become little more than a mouthpiece for the club to spout falsehoods and lies.

It's called THE MEDIA, christ keep up with the times. :lol:

Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:40 pm

Marc wrote:I think TLG has a secret crush on you Carl :shock: :shock: ...You pair will probably end up best of butties, holidaying together soon enough. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Marc I don't have an issue with Dave, I think he is a decent bloke from the little time we have met.

To be honest I posted what I did last night as what Dave wrote regarding the meetings was not factually correct, my mistake was calling what he wrote a lie, that was wrong of me, I should have just left it as not factually correct, I didn't wish to call him a liar, wrong choice of words on my part.

But I stand by what I wrote regarding the investment and the Langston debt.

I chatted with Vince Alm today and Vince said that the debt to equity swap was the only part of the investment package that was conditional on a deal being concluded with Langston.

All I can say is that those in the meeting who did not hear this part of Alan Whiteley's talk must have at the very same time been thinking of something else and not concentrating but it was said at least 3 times.

Read the club statement and it says so much in there also.

And regards to editing of posts I certainly did not edit my posts last night and neither did I ever write that the investment hinged on a deal with Langston. Annis has admitted today that he added to my post and when I seen what he had added I removed it, that was a couple of days after the initial post after the first meeting.

Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:42 pm

Whatever happened to journalism. The papers role should be to investigate WHY this is happenng and questioning everything to do with the rebrand, instead of being yes men, in order to make sure they get their access.

Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:43 pm

Bluebird64 wrote:

Absolute nonesense.

That is sad. They might as well cut out the middleman and print a club statement and release that instead. :ayatollah:

Maybe I have not said it quite right, the club does not get to see my column, somebody else has said it to cause trouble, it is all bullshit.

Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:46 pm

carlccfc wrote:
Bluebird64 wrote:

Absolute nonesense.

Maybe I have not said it quite right, the club does not get to see my column, somebody else has said it to cause trouble, it is all bullshit.

If I may interject here for a second while you all squabble amongst yourselves....I assume you're referring here to TLG's reference to your column here http://www.ccmb.co.uk/fudforum/index.ph ... to=3243395 where he clearly states that Annis told him this.

So which one are you saying is talking bullshit, just for clarification purposes for those of us trying to follow all this?

Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:48 pm

NJ73 wrote:
carlccfc wrote:
Bluebird64 wrote:

Absolute nonesense.

If I may interject here for a second while you all squabble amongst yourselves....I assume you're referring here to TLG's reference to your column here http://www.ccmb.co.uk/fudforum/index.ph ... to=3243395 where he clearly states that Annis told him this.

So which one are you saying is talking bullshit, just for clarification purposes for those of us trying to follow all this?

Well NJ, the weekly column is not sent to the club.

Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:49 pm

carlccfc wrote:
NJ73 wrote:
carlccfc wrote:
Bluebird64 wrote:

Absolute nonesense.

I'm sure that's an answer to some question, just not the one I asked? :?

Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:52 pm

Aside from Carl who hasnt mentioned TLG in his post
it is shocking how many posters on here are so quick
to pipe up and have a go at TLG and then have a cheek to call
him a stalker etc etc etc.

It was first posted on HERE, that the club had censored the Echo and that anything posted
in the Echo about Cardiff City had to be ratified by the club first.

Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:52 pm

NJ73 wrote:
carlccfc wrote:
NJ73 wrote:
carlccfc wrote:
Bluebird64 wrote:

Absolute nonesense.

I'm sure that's an answer to some question, just not the one I asked? :?

As far as I am concerned it is still bullshit, so I am setting the story straight, who said what doesn't matter, what is said is important to me.

Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:15 pm

Absolute nonesense.

Edited by Carl Curtis - Just so everyone knows, my column is not sent to the club, this story doing the rounds today is total lies and an attempt to discredit me, the club and the Echo.

Annis Abraham last i read. I believe the thread title on this forum was something about vt being a dictator.

Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:17 pm

carlccfc wrote:
Bluebird64 wrote:

Absolute nonesense.

Apologies, you did say it right and I misread it. :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:18 pm

Bluebird64 wrote:
carlccfc wrote:
Bluebird64 wrote:

Absolute nonesense.

Apologies, you did say it right and I misread it. :ayatollah:

No probs :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:22 pm

This board has gone to sh1t, big time

Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:23 pm

Damned Yank wrote:This board has gone to sh1t, big time

Did you mean to post that in this thread ?