Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " NOT GOOD NEWS "

Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:06 pm

llan bluebird wrote:If we had a club with half a brain we would open up a marque just outside the Ninian stand, serve decent beer at competitive prices and a bit of entertainment.

BEAT ME TO IT, and it will be the first thing i speak to Julian about when he gets back from holidays, this was part of the fact finding trip we went on to Dortmund and a lot of thinks were noted, the fans village in a marquee type thing is amazing, people are in there for twelve hours on a match day, the game and occasion is an all day thing over there not juts two hours of a match, live music outside in the marquee etc. i'm sure the club will look at it.

Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:15 pm

Also a chance to screw compass, unless there is a clause in the contract.

Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:25 pm

3pound plus for a really bad pint you can only rip people off for so long

Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:28 pm

Tubzo wrote:3pound plus for a really bad pint you can only rip people off for so long

People vote with their feet during the week :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:39 pm

Never mind your planned retirement to Majorca, Annis, I think you should invest your retirement fund in you favourite pre-match pub!
:ayatollah: :D

Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:40 pm

Lived opposite there for years....... Top Pre/Post match boozer :( :(

Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:41 pm

my brother lives a minutes walk from the pub, he's been there there 4/5 times in 15 years, in his words ' the lagers un- drinkable', otherwise it'd be his regular,daresay that's the same for most non-football people living around there...

Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:47 pm

Buy it Annis.

Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:57 pm

Meh.

Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:01 pm

You can always go down the neville good bunch of boys in there.Or this will be the next pub gone and its a top pint in there in glass not plastic shit.

Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:03 pm

x grangetown wrote:You can always go down the neville good bunch of boys in there.Or this will be the next pub gone and its a top pint in there in glass not plastic shit.

Glad it's glass! I normally go to the, Owain? Wow....I forgot what it's called. :roll: The one right by Tescos and HSBC.

Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:04 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
x grangetown wrote:You can always go down the neville good bunch of boys in there.Or this will be the next pub gone and its a top pint in there in glass not plastic shit.

Glad it's glass! I normally go to the, Owain? Wow....I forgot what it's called. :roll: The one right by Tescos and HSBC.

Canton Cross Elliott :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:06 pm

Bowmonster wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:

Haha not that one, I was there once with you lot (Rugby semi final and Palarse home in the league?) I may go there again cause they didn't ID me. :lol: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:09 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
Bowmonster wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:

Haha not that one, I was there once with you lot (Rugby semi final and Palarse home in the league?) I may go there again cause they didn't ID me. :lol: :ayatollah:

The ivor davies wetherspoons on the right of tescos or the Napier a bit further on mate :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:10 pm

Bowmonster wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
Bowmonster wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:

The ivor davies wetherspoons on the right of tescos or the Napier a bit further on mate :ayatollah:

Ivor Davies! That's the one! Free pint with a meal. :D :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:16 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:The owner of the NINIAN PARK PUB, John Bassett rang me today to say they are handing the pub back to Brains Brewery in 3 weeks time.
At the moment Brains dont know what to do with it. :cry:

Will keep u updated, more of our history going. :cry:

difference being we can get blue back in future! cant get pub back though!! :(

There is an irony here, without custom and income you struggle, without the investment from the Malasians we will go the same way, so all you so called supporters who are asking for your money back because of the Rebrand, just take a little time and thought about what options we have here, without the Malasians backing we will be on the slippery slope towards financial melt down, with the possability of going into recievership and ending up like Pompey and Rangers, is this what you want for our club?

On the other hand the Malasians, has the owners of Cardiff City, who want to invest their hard earned cash in a club that is up to it's eyes in debt and loosing a huge ammont every month, have said that they want to rebrand the image of the club so has to maximise sales to the far East in order to increase income, I say give them the oppertunity to see if their plans come off; and yes you may not like what they are doing, but I think it is the lesser iof the two evils!!

With them we have a future, without them we are going to struggle, this may be a once in a lifetime oppertunity and the consequences don't bare thinking about, may common sense prevail :ayatollah: :old: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:29 pm

rhondda 1015 wrote:my brother lives a minutes walk from the pub, he's been there there 4/5 times in 15 years, in his words ' the lagers un- drinkable', otherwise it'd be his regular,daresay that's the same for most non-football people living around there...

Great pint of Stella IMO. I play pool in there and if it wasn't for the team, it would be empty most Sundays.

Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:11 pm

Heard vt is going to buy it,make it an asian take away :?

Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:18 pm

earnieblue wrote:Heard vt is going to buy it,make it an asian take away :?

Knowing our luck he would paint it red as well. :lol:

Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:20 pm

Brains are giving it a refurb and renaming it the RED DRAGON.

Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:21 pm

Sad realy but it is just in a poor location apart from matchdays.

Competition in Canton is ridiculous --Goscombe selling Brains Bitter for 1.79 and SA for 1.99==Carlsberg 2.09 in eth Corporation -Witherspoons with great offers, --

Fair play to John he tried hard with teh food sky entertainment etc

Sadly i think the pub is doomed.--Good luck to all the staff there

Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:36 pm

It's all doom and gloom at the moment. Anything more that can be ditched?

Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:40 pm

Bluebird Since 1948 question for you? Where do you drink before games? ;)

Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:01 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:Bluebird Since 1948 question for you? Where do you drink before games? ;)

The Forrester on occasions but f**k me the beer there is shit. I love the Ninian but if it's closing then the plastics have got their way.

:old:

Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:30 pm

There's one easy solution to all this. Paint the bar Red!

Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:58 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:that means bigger ques in the Cross :twisted: f**k f**k f**k

:lol: :lol:

Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:57 am

BigGwynram wrote:
llan bluebird wrote:If we had a club with half a brain we would open up a marque just outside the Ninian stand, serve decent beer at competitive prices and a bit of entertainment.

BEAT ME TO IT, and it will be the first thing i speak to Julian about when he gets back from holidays, this was part of the fact finding trip we went on to Dortmund and a lot of thinks were noted, the fans village in a marquee type thing is amazing, people are in there for twelve hours on a match day, the game and occasion is an all day thing over there not juts two hours of a match, live music outside in the marquee etc. i'm sure the club will look at it.

this is a good idea, cefn fforest bluebird did a recent european trip, holland i think and he said the same sort of thing. games are seen as events and the whole occasion takes place over the day.. id happily go to the ground, drink outside with so many fans and i think it would improve the atmosphere also as the singing from outside the ground in the marques/beer tents could filter in...