Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Rangers-Liquidation-Now

Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:04 pm

Just heard it on the 2 o clock news.Really sad news but it looks like they'll be able to do a swansea then re-invent themselves

Re: Rangers-Liquidation-Now

Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:25 pm

The HMRC are their biggest debtor so you watch the government become involved. I would very much doubt that a Conservative Government will want to be seen as bringing down Rangers at a time when the Scottish Referendum is just around the corner.

Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:25 pm

Liquidation is different to a CVA, a CVA only works if 75% of the people that are owed money accept, which in our case they did, those that didn't accept were people on £100k a year plus expenses employees (no names), contrary to popular belief most small businesses were paid before the sh!t hit the fan.

Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:42 pm

Angry Man wrote:The HMRC are their biggest debtor so you watch the government become involved. I would very much doubt that a Conservative Government will want to be seen as bringing down Rangers at a time when the Scottish Referendum is just around the corner.

The tories could'nt give one.The SNP however who are the scottish gov may.The point that needs to be raised is there were no investors with an offer big enough to make saving them viable.

Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:56 pm

Angry Man wrote:The HMRC are their biggest debtor so you watch the government become involved. I would very much doubt that a Conservative Government will want to be seen as bringing down Rangers at a time when the Scottish Referendum is just around the corner.

Scottish referendum is set for the autumn of 2014 :? Hell of a corner that one if it takes 2 years to get around it.

Government hasn't got involved with Portsmouth and haven't stopped HMRC trying to overturn the football creditors rule so why would they with Rangers :?:

A sad day for a proud football club.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:59 pm

It'll be a shame when Scotland's most successful club isn't around.

Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:03 pm

TheLad wrote:It'll be a shame when Scotland's most successful club isn't around.

And if that can happen to a clubs as big as Rangers , what do you think could happen to us ?

Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:57 pm

Wonder if their fans would accept a change to red shirts if offered in exchange for a big investment to stop this

\I think Yes

Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:59 pm

They should start in the lowest division possible and have to work their way up. :old:

Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:04 pm

Mafor wrote:Wonder if their fans would accept a change to red shirts if offered in exchange for a big investment to stop this

\I think Yes

i was looking at a thread on a rangers forum about our shirt issue although many knew we had no say in the matter, many others couldn't understand why we rolling over and letting it happen and said they wouldnt let it happen at ibrox

Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:07 pm

MAESTEG BLUE wrote:
Mafor wrote:Wonder if their fans would accept a change to red shirts if offered in exchange for a big investment to stop this

\I think Yes

i was looking at a thread on a rangers forum about our shirt issue although many knew we had no say in the matter, many others couldn't understand why we rolling over and letting it happen and said they wouldnt let it happen at ibrox

Is that the forum that used to support a football club :?

Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:18 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:
MAESTEG BLUE wrote:

\I think Yes

Is that the forum that used to support a football club :?

hmmmm.....

Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:46 pm

\I think Yes

But our club was never in danger. Alan Whitely has made a statement this week telling us that the Malaysians never discussed walking away even if the rebranding was kicked out. So stop trying to scaremonger please. :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:55 pm

Bluebird64 wrote:

\I think Yes

But our club was never in danger. Alan Whitely has made a statement this week telling us that the Malaysians never discussed walking away even if the rebranding was kicked out. So stop trying to scaremonger please. :ayatollah:

To be fair, he merely asked a question and provided his own opinion to the question!

I think that most people on here are able to make their own decisions as to whether we would be likely to follow suit or not, so I hardly think this is scaremongering, especially when you consider the ramifications of what could happen to Scottish football specifically, but to football in general!

You've posted that Alan Whitely said that the Malaysians have never discussed walking away, but it may just be that they haven't discussed it with him and it certainly doesn't mean that they couldn't walk away! :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:11 am

Overthemoon wrote:
Bluebird64 wrote:

\I think Yes

To be fair, he merely asked a question and provided his own opinion to the question!

I think that most people on here are able to make their own decisions as to whether we would be likely to follow suit or not, so I hardly think this is scaremongering, especially when you consider the ramifications of what could happen to Scottish football specifically, but to football in general!

You've posted that Alan Whitely said that the Malaysians have never discussed walking away, but it may just be that they haven't discussed it with him and it certainly doesn't mean that they couldn't walk away! :ayatollah:

Now you are scaremongering about scottish football. :lol: We are safe and always have been. Like I said, if you have hard evidence proving that they were going to walk away then produce it. :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:05 am

Rangers are my Scottish club. However if the present company goes into liquidation I do feel that, ethically, a new company should start at the bottom of the pyramid - maybe Division 3

It would simply be unfair on clubs like Dunfermiline and Falkirk who have had their own financial troubles.

Cardiff, over the years, have had their financial problems. However the one thing I am immensely proud of is the fact that we have not taken the easy way out - like Swansea and Leicester - we have faced up to our debts, made our club marketable so that investment can come into the club.

Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:08 am

Bluebird64 wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:
Bluebird64 wrote:

\I think Yes

Now you are scaremongering about scottish football. :lol: We are safe and always have been. Like I said, if you have hard evidence proving that they were going to walk away then produce it. :ayatollah:

How am I scaremongering about Scottish football, when everybody knows that it's in a dire state since Setanta went tits up and killed their biggest income stream? :?

Now one of the 2 biggest clubs in Scotland has gone into liquidation and you don't find that worrying for anybody who has an affinity with Scottish football and can't see that it has ramifications for the whole of the British football scene! :?

Personally, I have no evidence to prove that VT will walk away and I don't think that he will!

However, there is a possibility if too many people piss him off, that he could walk away, which he could easily afford to do!

So provide me with your evidence that he won't walk away, without using statements from the club, who you believe lied to us fans, when they chose to listen to the majority of fans and go ahead with the re-brand! :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:10 pm

Overthemoon wrote:
Bluebird64 wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:
Bluebird64 wrote:

\I think Yes

How am I scaremongering about Scottish football, when everybody knows that it's in a dire state since Setanta went tits up and killed their biggest income stream? :?

Now one of the 2 biggest clubs in Scotland has gone into liquidation and you don't find that worrying for anybody who has an affinity with Scottish football and can't see that it has ramifications for the whole of the British football scene! :?

Personally, I have no evidence to prove that VT will walk away and I don't think that he will!

However, there is a possibility if too many people piss him off, that he could walk away, which he could easily afford to do!

So provide me with your evidence that he won't walk away, without using statements from the club, who you believe lied to us fans, when they chose to listen to the majority of fans and go ahead with the re-brand! :ayatollah:

I don't need to provide you with any information as the pro red brigade were the ones making the claims about us going out of business but Alan Whitleys statement is proof enough for you unless you do not believe him.
Secondly Its not a case of you scaremongering about Scottish football and if you check I was making a point about the scaremongering that goes on comparing us with Rangers which Mafor eluded too in his post in which he posed the question about would Rangers have accepted a colour change for money which would have saved them.Again this comparison was nothing like ours as we were not in danger of losing our backers. :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:49 am

Bluebird64 wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:
Bluebird64 wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:
Bluebird64 wrote:

\I think Yes

I don't need to provide you with any information as the pro red brigade were the ones making the claims about us going out of business but Alan Whitleys statement is proof enough for you unless you do not believe him.

Be honest for once, it's not a case that you don't need to provide me with any information, but merely the case that you don't have any evidence to support your claim, that VT will not walk away, the same as I don't have any evidence to support any claim, which I haven't made btw, that VT would walk away!

What I really want to know though, is why you've suddenly come to trust any statement by the club, when you clearly believe that we were lied to, when the U-Turn was made, that the re-brand would go ahead after all the many fans contacted the club, to ask VT to reconsider the decision!

Just to clarify things to you though, especially as you've labelled me part of the Pro Red brigade, that I'd much prefer us to stay in blue, I don't mind us changing badges, although I do not like the new proposed one and I want a prominent Bluebird on the badge, but I don't want us to revert to blue and the old badge, at the cost of losing the proposed investment!

Secondly Its not a case of you scaremongering about Scottish football and if you check I was making a point about the scaremongering that goes on comparing us with Rangers which Mafor eluded too in his post in which he posed the question about would Rangers have accepted a colour change for money which would have saved them. Again this comparison was nothing like ours as we were not in danger of losing our backers. :ayatollah:

Well if it's not a case of me scaremongering about Scottish Football, then why did you post, "Now you are scaremongering about scottish football. :lol: :?:

I'd also argue that Mafor's comparison was fair, as if you recall, TG stated after VT and his family had received a load of abuse, that the re-brand would not now go ahead, but they'd have to look for more backers and investment from elsewhere!

Now you can interpret that statement whichever way you wish and no doubt, you'll say that VT will not walk away, but you have no evidence to support your theory, save for a statement from the club, who you now suddenly trust! :?

Clearly I have no evidence to support any theory that VT would walk away either, I do trust Alan Whitely, but I'm sure that even he doesn't know every detail of every conversation that VT & TG have had in private and I'd still say that it would be foolhardy to take things for granted and to rule out completely, that VT couldn't afford to just walk away from our club!

Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:53 am

Forgot to mention, that I would have posted my response earlier, but I was out searching for Santa Claus, the Tooth Fairy and the Abominable Snowman! :D

Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:13 am

Overthemoon wrote:
Bluebird64" wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:
Bluebird64 wrote:

\I think Yes

But our club was never in danger. Alan Whitely has made a statement this week telling us that the Malaysians never discussed walking away even if the rebranding was kicked out. So stop trying to scaremonger please. :ayatollah:[/quote

Personally speaking if I were VT after all the shite that's been thrown his way I'd be on my way outa here.
Here's a man who has kept our club afloat for the last 2 years, got rid of "The Ridler", got rid of Jonesy, has purchased the lights for the pitch, is promising to build an academy which will be the envy of most Prem clubs, pay off Scam, pay off PMG, increase the capacity on the stadium, turn all the debt into shares and has a manager who is quote.."massively happy with the transfer kitty he's been given for this season". He's also not taken a penny out of the club, not even expenses.
All this and he gets called from his arse to his elbow from supporters on message boards, facebook and twitter.
I'd walk away from here and invest in a club like Bristol City or Forest whose supporters would welcome his money and they already play in red so Happy Days.

Be honest for once, it's not a case that you don't need to provide me with any information, but merely the case that you don't have any evidence to support your claim, that VT will not walk away, the same as I don't have any evidence to support any claim, which I haven't made btw, that VT would walk away!

What I really want to know though, is why you've suddenly come to trust any statement by the club, when you clearly believe that we were lied to, when the U-Turn was made, that the re-brand would go ahead after all the many fans contacted the club, to ask VT to reconsider the decision!

Just to clarify things to you though, especially as you've labelled me part of the Pro Red brigade, that I'd much prefer us to stay in blue, I don't mind us changing badges, although I do not like the new proposed one and I want a prominent Bluebird on the badge, but I don't want us to revert to blue and the old badge, at the cost of losing the proposed investment!

Secondly Its not a case of you scaremongering about Scottish football and if you check I was making a point about the scaremongering that goes on comparing us with Rangers which Mafor eluded too in his post in which he posed the question about would Rangers have accepted a colour change for money which would have saved them. Again this comparison was nothing like ours as we were not in danger of losing our backers. :ayatollah:

Well if it's not a case of me scaremongering about Scottish Football, then why did you post, "Now you are scaremongering about scottish football. :lol: :?:

I'd also argue that Mafor's comparison was fair, as if you recall, TG stated after VT and his family had received a load of abuse, that the re-brand would not now go ahead, but they'd have to look for more backers and investment from elsewhere!

Now you can interpret that statement whichever way you wish and no doubt, you'll say that VT will not walk away, but you have no evidence to support your theory, save for a statement from the club, who you now suddenly trust! :?

Clearly I have no evidence to support any theory that VT would walk away either, I do trust Alan Whitely, but I'm sure that even he doesn't know every detail of every conversation that VT & TG have had in private and I'd still say that it would be foolhardy to take things for granted and to rule out completely, that VT couldn't afford to just walk away from our club!
[/quote]