Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Rangers FC will soon cease to exist

Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:48 am

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... ement.html - sad or what :ayatollah:

Re: Rangers FC will soon cease to exist

Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:53 am

There but for the grace of God....

A salutory lesson perhaps for those who think that we could survive as a club without major backing, which at the moment seems to be available from only one source.

Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:55 am

davids wrote:There but for the grace of God....

A salutory lesson perhaps for those who think that we could survive as a club without major backing, which at the moment seems to be available from only one source.

got it in one :lol:

Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:59 am

because they wear blue was it? :ayatollah: bad times in footy :evil:

Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:01 pm

But they will reform as a new company, and if the clubs of there SPL vote in their favour this 'new conpany' can continue to play in the SPL, if they don't vote in favour it's division 3 for them.

Surely for the good of football they should restart in division 3, let's hope the SPL clubs don't bend over for RFC.

I've got nothing against Rangers, I'm certainly no Celtic fan, just think its fair this way

Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:02 pm

Sad days ahead for them if that all happens

Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:08 pm

And just to add another point, considering that other SPL clubs probably only sell out for old firm games, they vote may go in favour of RFC staying in the SPL

Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:19 pm

Im not a jock, i dont care for the shit thats played up there although what would happen to celtic now if theres only one team in it every season how boring would that be for them scottish people watching shit football week in week out for one team to take the title every year :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:30 pm

I think it will happen to more teams the next few years,this is why the club had to take this investment,we are playing in red,but at least we got a team to watch.

Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:35 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:Im not a jock, i dont care for the shit thats played up there although what would happen to celtic now if theres only one team in it every season how boring would that be for them scottish people watching shit football week in week out for one team to take the title every year :ayatollah:

celtic fans say they want rangers gone. they'll soon miss them, no doubt about that.

Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:06 pm

murphy wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:Im not a jock, i dont care for the shit thats played up there although what would happen to celtic now if theres only one team in it every season how boring would that be for them scottish people watching shit football week in week out for one team to take the title every year :ayatollah:

celtic fans say they want rangers gone. they'll soon miss them, no doubt about that.

Yep i bet, besides they could probly shift half there 1st team out and still win the league with rangers gone, as it stands most the teams in the scots prem are on div 1/2 wages if you go off income ect.

Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:10 pm

murphy wrote:

Only because they cant match rangers success so want them gone for that reason.
Any team in danger of going under is bad news

Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:11 pm

LOL at Jinks

rangers have been playing catch up to Celtic for decades, so much so that they undermined themselves to one up them

and now it has come back to bite them. glorious

Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:02 pm

jinks-rct wrote:
murphy wrote:

Only because they cant match rangers success so want them gone for that reason.
Any team in danger of going under is bad news

Disagree completely.

There's been far too much spending in the past and we need to set more examples of what can happen. Pompey and Rangers can be the beginning of these examples. A few more will fall in the next few years and hiopefully that will be enough.

Realistically there are too many football teams as it is.

Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:09 pm

Celtic Fans want Rangers gone !!!!! Well i find that hard to believe what is the point if you don't have rivalry ? You need it but TBF they must be bored of playing each other 4 times a season. But Celtic would struggle to survive without Rangers and the Scottish Prem will go to shit as the smaller clubs needed the gate receipts of playing Rangers.
It would be bad for football if Rangers folded once the first one goes many will follow, i fear for the game and i fear for ourselves as relying on foreigners is walking a very fine line. If they have a tantrum then they could finish a club for good.

Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:22 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:Celtic Fans want Rangers gone !!!!! Well i find that hard to believe what is the point if you don't have rivalry ? You need it but TBF they must be bored of playing each other 4 times a season. But Celtic would struggle to survive without Rangers and the Scottish Prem will go to shit as the smaller clubs needed the gate receipts of playing Rangers.
It would be bad for football if Rangers folded once the first one goes many will follow, i fear for the game and i fear for ourselves as relying on foreigners is walking a very fine line. If they have a tantrum then they could finish a club for good.
football teams/clubs have become a plaything of the very rich

Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:26 pm

Gavlar wrote:But they will reform as a new company ..........

As a new company will they have their history wiped out?

Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:28 pm

Wayne S wrote:

and they must then apply to the lower scottish leagues to play

Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:30 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:
Wayne S wrote:

They can apply for any league they wish. they could try to go straight back into the SPL as they will still be a large club just wonder if they would get the vote.

Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:31 pm

Wayne S wrote:

yes except name on cups and in roll of honour in scotish league titals but it will say rangers fc, cant refer to new club having won this & that as they only excist from day its formed

Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:52 pm

Wayne S wrote:
bluebirdbaz wrote:
Wayne S wrote:

They can apply for any league they wish. they could try to go straight back into the SPL as they will still be a large club just wonder if they would get the vote.

imagine your a chairman at say arbroath or some other lower league team .you would be rubbing your hands together.if rangers go to div 3 then all the clubs up to the spl are going to have at least one massive pay days.could prob keep a team going for half a season with what they get off the game.that,s if the old bill don,t tax em too much for policing it

Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:00 pm

Or what?

Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:04 pm

Celtic stand to lose big time if there is no Rangers in the top flight, the fans are too thick to realise it. For me, Rangers should drop to div 3 best case scenario. Thats if the SFL clubs vote them in.

Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:10 pm

PtB wrote:Celtic stand to lose big time if there is no Rangers in the top flight, the fans are too thick to realise it. For me, Rangers should drop to div 3 best case scenario. Thats if the SFL clubs vote them in.

i had a look on the celtic forum earlier and their rubbing their hands together of the thought of rangers dead. i couldn't believe what i was reading! wtf will they have to look forward to in the spl without the gers :?

Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:11 pm

murphy wrote:
PtB wrote:Celtic stand to lose big time if there is no Rangers in the top flight, the fans are too thick to realise it. For me, Rangers should drop to div 3 best case scenario. Thats if the SFL clubs vote them in.

i had a look on the celtic forum earlier and their rubbing their hands together of the thought of rangers dead. i couldn't believe what i was reading! wtf will they have to look forward to in the spl without the gers :?

Yeah, its great for them. They've won a rivalry. I dont think that has happened before. It has put an end to the petty old firm

A good day for football regardless of which went bust. Ultimately Rangers.

Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:42 pm

Rangers will continue in some form. Too big a club to die.

Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:48 pm

ngriffiths wrote:I think it will happen to more teams the next few years,this is why the club had to take this investment,we are playing in red,but at least we got a team to watch.

:ayatollah:

Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:44 pm

llangainbluebird wrote:Rangers will continue in some form. Too big a club to die.

they will but not called rangers fc!!! so all city fans wanting blue at any cost should bare that in mind!

Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:15 am

The name Rangers FC will be owned by HMRC surely?

So a scenario could arise where "Newco" are not allowed to use the name Rangers

Now that would throw a spanner into the works

Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:46 am

Wayne S wrote:

The article I was reading today said when Airdrie had to restart , their previous successes were wiped out unlike administration where they retain their history so Rangers 2012 FC will have nothing as they were formed in June2012.