Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Rangers look likely to go into liquidation by HMRC

Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:46 am

Puts our squabbling over everything lately into perspective don't you think?

Red / Blue??
Hate the owners / Love the owners??
Cardiff City FC / Franchise FC??

We have a club - we are still Cardiff City FC and we always will be Cardiff City FC and I for one am happy that we aren't in Rangers' position.

:ayatollah:

Re: Rangers look like to go into liquidation by HMRC

Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:47 am

BobBankLoyalist wrote:Puts our squabbling over everything lately into perspective don't you think?

Red / Blue??

We have a club - we are still Cardiff City FC and we always will be Cardiff City FC and I for one am happy that we aren't in Rangers' position.

Amen to this! :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:48 am

Yeah but if you applied that situation to here most would rather see us start again in the pub league division 2 south because they hate the "Franchise". Ridiculous really. Just bitters.

Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:57 am

TheLad wrote:Yeah but if you applied that situation to here most would rather see us start again in the pub league division 2 south because they hate the "Franchise". Ridiculous really. Just bitters.

Only on this forum, 79% of season ticket holders are accepting the change according to recent stats.

It's just people on here giving it the large one! :roll:

Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:04 am

TheLad wrote:Yeah but if you applied that situation to here most would rather see us start again in the pub league division 2 south because they hate the "Franchise". Ridiculous really. Just bitters.

Yeh mate, I don't quite understand that to be honest.

Listen, I'm not ecstatic over the changes and as in the dark as everyone else. The difference is I'm not spouting constant bollocks "I know this" or "I know that" - and to want to re-form in the lower leagues is just complete crap.

20+ years ago I was standing on the bob bank, getting soaked watching us struggle in Div 4 (as it was back then!) I'm no plastic, I'm no glory hunter or being duped by broken promises - I'm loving the fact we are competing in the Championship yearly, I'd never have thought we'd ever get to Wembley once in my life time (especially in the cups), leave alone get there as many times as we have in the past couple of years.

The "new" fans don't know how lucky they are compared to what it used to be like, and as for the "old" fans, well...they are entitled to their own opinions but I can't see how they can say the old days are better than this?

Playing devils advocate - I preferred the atmosphere in Ninian and the atmosphere around the place felt more intimidating than it does now, but football has changed and we've had to move with the times.

Premier League....well you can take that or leave it, I'm not that bothered to be honest. I'd love to see us mix it with the big boys week in week out, who wouldn't? But if we are in the Championship, competing and playing decent football, that'll do for me. :ayatollah:

Re: Rangers look likely to go into liquidation by HMRC

Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:12 am

BobBankLoyalist wrote:Puts our squabbling over everything lately into perspective don't you think?

Red / Blue??

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18407309

Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:18 am

We recently established that TG and VT wasn't going to pull out regardless!

Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:22 am

This could so easily be us. If you think it couldn't happen to us your crazy. Rangers are a massive club, far bigger than us they are a world wide brand. This is just the tip of the iceberg more big clubs are set to follow be assured of that. Be thankful we have successful businessmen running our club. Ok we are playing in red with a dragon for a badge I am not happy about it but imagine if we were liquidated. Poor poor Rangers feel sorry for their fans, it's a long road back for them now even if someone does take them over. :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:55 pm

BlueWhite&Yellow wrote:We recently established that TG and VT wasn't going to pull out regardless!

no but wouldnt continue to put in 12mil A season which would mean no new players unless payed div 1 wages sell best players and in end would have to do something as definately would not continue for years loseing money! so yes for now wouldnt pull plug but for how long? then what?? still 70mil debt ect ect rangers scenario unless miracle happened by then!

Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:55 pm

BlueWhite&Yellow wrote:We recently established that TG and VT wasn't going to pull out regardless!

no but wouldnt continue to put in 12mil A season which would mean no new players unless payed div 1 wages sell best players and in end would have to do something as definately would not continue for years loseing money! so yes for now wouldnt pull plug but for how long? then what?? still 70mil debt ect ect rangers scenario unless miracle happened by then!

Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:33 pm

If we don't settle the debt and fail to make the prem we will still be making a loss so either way wer screwed if this plan doesn't work out.

Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:42 pm

BlueWhite&Yellow wrote:If we don't settle the debt and fail to make the prem we will still be making a loss so either way wer screwed if this plan doesn't work out.

ah well lifes a bitch sometimes but hey we are ccfc never a dull moment! :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:47 am

Rangers will survive in some form. The club is a Scottish institution. In the cold light of day, Scottish football can not afford to lose the club. The other SPL clubs can complain, but they need the two home games against Rangers, and the support Rangers bring. Even Celtic, for all their protesting, need the competition.

If Rangers re-emerge as a new-co, they might have to be called something different (FC Rangers?) at first, but they would soon get their real name back.

Scotland without Rangers would be like Spain without Real Madrid.

Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:32 am

ihatealiens wrote:This could so easily be us. If you think it couldn't happen to us your crazy. Rangers are a massive club, far bigger than us they are a world wide brand. This is just the tip of the iceberg more big clubs are set to follow be assured of that. Be thankful we have successful businessmen running our club. Ok we are playing in red with a dragon for a badge I am not happy about it but imagine if we were liquidated. Poor poor Rangers feel sorry for their fans, it's a long road back for them now even if someone does take them over. :ayatollah:

Good post and I totally agree.

I often think that those who claim to support going into Admin or Liquidation and starting again in a lower league so the team can wear Blue, do so because that option is currently not on offer and therefore it is easier to claim to support it.

However, if we did end up in a Rangers type situation on the brink of extinction you can bet your arse that those same people would be crying out to be saved by VT/TG no matter what the terms were.