A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Fawlty Towers

Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:56 pm

Hard to believe only 12 episodes made.

My favourite the one with Mrs Richards :lol:

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?desktop_ur ... kWZo&gl=GB

Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:48 pm

only fools n horses, bottom and men behaving badly are also awesome, cant beat the old british comedies :old:

Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:15 pm

Just went to watch some episodes of Fawlty towers, cos the film we were gonna watch we've seen :roll:

And the wife says "what u putting this shit on for"........FFS, no taste :(

Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:39 pm

Die Walkure wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:
CantonJack wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:
CantonJack wrote:Havn't seen that episode, i'll have to check it out. Doesn't touch Only Fools & Horses though. I can watch it over and over with my dad or uncle and still laugh every time.

I would watch an episode or two now but got a poxy exam in the morning...

If you understand about the second world War then you will find it very funny Little Chief :D :lol: :lol: :lol:

Funnily enough I have a history exam on Britain and Germany during the war tomorrow :D :lol:

This should help with your exam CJ ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xnNhzgcWTk

Tony fooking class. who won the bloody war anyway :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The Russians and the Americans were the true victors of the war - Britain did its bit, but it pails in comparison to those two. At least 20 million Russians died in the war and the scale of the fighting in the East dwarfed that in the west.

Not disputing the sacrifices and the men and material both the Usa and the Ussr both put in during WW2 but please don't forget how the RAF won the battle of Britain thus preventing Hitler from invading and thus ultimately Britain was used a huge staging area for the D Day invasion in 1944. Hard to see how the Americans could have landed en masse in Europe without Britain as a staging area. After the invasion quite alot of elite SS divisions were fighting against particurlarly us and the Canadians in Eastern Normandy. If there hadn't been an invasion of Western Europe in 1944 no doubt these elite SS units would have been fighting on the Eastern front.

Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:07 am

Love fawlty towers, brilliantly written.

Those who like John Cleese and fawlty towers may like a film called fierce creatures

Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:21 pm

LutonBluebird wrote:Just went to watch some episodes of Fawlty towers, cos the film we were gonna watch we've seen :roll:

My Mrs does not like it :o but then again that is from someone who watches Dallas :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:23 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
LutonBluebird wrote:Just went to watch some episodes of Fawlty towers, cos the film we were gonna watch we've seen :roll:

My Mrs does not like it :o but then again that is from someone who watches Dallas :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Another one with no taste :D

Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:30 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:

My all time favourite Fawlty Towers was The Builders............Oi like a woman with spirit Mrs Fawlty!!!!! :shock: :lol:

Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:32 pm

skybluebird wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:

My all time favourite Fawlty Towers was The Builders............Oi like a woman with spirit Mrs Fawlty!!!!! :shock: :lol:

When he carries the gnome off at the end. :lol: :lol:

U dirty great orangatang :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:34 pm

German one is brilliant for the obvious German jokes but the bit with manual the moose and major are equally brilliant

Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:02 pm

2blue2handle wrote:German one is brilliant for the obvious German jokes but the bit with manual the moose and major are equally brilliant

Every episode was a classic Chief. Men behaving badly was also another good one :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:07 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:German one is brilliant for the obvious German jokes but the bit with manual the moose and major are equally brilliant

Every episode was a classic Chief. Men behaving badly was also another good one :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Indeed, like only fools you can watch them over and over and still laugh.
Never got into men behaving badly tbh
I kinda likes The Young Ones and bottom, certainly not quality TV but funny.

Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:23 pm

Just watching a few episodes now :lol: :lol: Sunday evening entertainment

Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:50 pm

A damn fine comedy. And Polly (Connie Booth) was extremely fit too. Do you remember the episode when Basil is searching for the lightswitch and gets a handful of Polly's funbags?

I always used to wonder what they looked like.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x8bl51 ... booth_sexy

Schweet.

Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:29 pm

GrangeEndStar wrote:A damn fine comedy. And Polly (Connie Booth) was extremely fit too. Do you remember the episode when Basil is searching for the lightswitch and gets a handful of Polly's funbags?

Schweet.

I thought that was a guests tits he grabbed? Them his wife walks in?

Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:00 am

2blue2handle wrote:
GrangeEndStar wrote:A damn fine comedy. And Polly (Connie Booth) was extremely fit too. Do you remember the episode when Basil is searching for the lightswitch and gets a handful of Polly's funbags?

Schweet.

I thought that was a guests tits he grabbed? Them his wife walks in?

I stand corrected - that was indeed the Aussie guest episode. That said, Polly's punchbags were a delight and its always nice to see a bit of bush.

Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:52 pm

Yes some classics there.I even bought the Fawlty Towers comedy album ( before DVDs) with the hamster and the builder episodes :lol:

Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:50 pm

Fawlty towers - best comedy ever! Can anyone remember the episode where that stuck up guy called basil a "grotty little man" - well I was in a meeting last friday with a guy who looked and sounded like the stuck up guy - I laughed to myself all day!!