Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Fawlty Towers

Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:40 pm

Been watching the box set with my Son he has never seen them before. Just watched the episode "The Germans" and he was on the floor laughing. I explained they don't make comedy like that any more they are not allowed to, political correctness and all that shit. It can be crude and rude but it can't be funny. He was still laughing going up to bed. And he said himself it was a crime only 12 episodes were made.
Fair play Fawlty Towers and Only fools and horses are the all time greats. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Fawlty Towers

Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:49 pm

Havn't seen that episode, i'll have to check it out. Doesn't touch Only Fools & Horses though. I can watch it over and over with my dad or uncle and still laugh every time.

I would watch an episode or two now but got a poxy exam in the morning...

Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:52 pm

CantonJack wrote:Havn't seen that episode, i'll have to check it out. Doesn't touch Only Fools & Horses though. I can watch it over and over with my dad or uncle and still laugh every time.

If you understand about the second world War then you will find it very funny Little Chief :D :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:53 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
CantonJack wrote:Havn't seen that episode, i'll have to check it out. Doesn't touch Only Fools & Horses though. I can watch it over and over with my dad or uncle and still laugh every time.

If you understand about the second world War then you will find it very funny Little Chief :D :lol: :lol: :lol:

Funnily enough I have a history exam on Britain and Germany during the war tomorrow :D :lol:

Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:54 pm

CantonJack wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:

Funnily enough I have a history exam on Britain and Germany during the war tomorrow :D :lol:

Then you need to watch this episode :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Now get to bed young Man :lol:

Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:55 pm

CantonJack wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:

This should help with your exam CJ ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xnNhzgcWTk

Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:58 pm

Oh great now i'm going to burst out laughing in the middle of the exam remembering that video :lol:

Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:01 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:
CantonJack wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:

Tony fooking class. who won the bloody war anyway :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:03 pm

CantonJack wrote:Oh great now i'm going to burst out laughing in the middle of the exam remembering that video :lol:

Regan was on the bloody floor nearly little Chief :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:03 pm

The funniest comedy ever made. :old: :old: :old:

Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:30 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:
CantonJack wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:

The Russians and the Americans were the true victors of the war - Britain did its bit, but it pails in comparison to those two. At least 20 million Russians died in the war and the scale of the fighting in the East dwarfed that in the west.

Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:33 pm

anyone seen mrs browns boys?

Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:38 pm

Die Walkure wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:
CantonJack wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:

The Russians and the Americans were the true victors of the war - Britain did its bit, but it pails in comparison to those two. At least 20 million Russians died in the war and the scale of the fighting in the East dwarfed that in the west.

Thank you for that Mr Grumpy :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:38 pm

A Few more -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcliR8kAbzc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqLNWtO3gF4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78b67l_yxUc

Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:40 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:The Russians and the Americans were the true victors of the war - Britain did its bit, but it pails in comparison to those two. At least 20 million Russians died in the war and the scale of the fighting in the East dwarfed that in the west.

Thank you for that Mr Grumpy :lol: :lol: :lol: [/quote]
sorry Nukes - your question got me thinking about the war, but my post did go against the general trend of this thread, having read the whole thing again - sorry.

Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:41 pm

Die Walkure wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:The Russians and the Americans were the true victors of the war - Britain did its bit, but it pails in comparison to those two. At least 20 million Russians died in the war and the scale of the fighting in the East dwarfed that in the west.

Thank you for that Mr Grumpy :lol: :lol: :lol:

sorry Nukes - your question got me thinking about the war, but my post did go against the general trend of this thread, having read the whole thing again - sorry.[/quote]
:D :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:44 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:A Few more -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcliR8kAbzc Thank you Mum

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqLNWtO3gF4 Rats hmmm dont get me started :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78b67l_yxUc
Class Tony :lol: Regan and me watched that episode as well :D

Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:10 am

Quality not quantity

Mrs Richards episode is excellent as well

Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:18 am

I feel like Basil in one of the clips......

"Right ! Cardiff City,! That's it! I have warned you and now I am going to give you a damn good thrashing" .......arrrgggghhh! Why can't things ever be simple following this club !

Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:26 am

Brilliant Flowery Twats is :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:07 am

Nuclearblue wrote:Been watching the box set with my Son he has never seen them before. Just watched the episode "The Germans" and he was on the floor laughing. I explained they don't make comedy like that any more they are not allowed to, political correctness and all that shit. It can be crude and rude but it can't be funny. He was still laughing going up to bed. And he said himself it was a crime only 12 episodes were made.
Fair play Fawlty Towers and Only fools and horses are the all time greats. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

My favourite bit was that old bint complaining about the view, she called Basil up and she said I distinctly ordered a room with a view, and he said yes madam there it is, look through the window, she does this and sees Torquay in the background and says "well its not good enough" and Basil relies "what were you expecting to see from a Torquay guest house, Krokatowa erupting" love a bit of sarcasm.

One foot in the grave the nearest thing to it, Victor rules OK.ii

Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:34 am

Bluebird since 1948 wrote:The funniest comedy ever made. :old: :old: :old:

After only fools n horses :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:25 pm

LutonBluebird wrote:
Bluebird since 1948 wrote:The funniest comedy ever made. :old: :old: :old:

After only fools n horses :ayatollah:

Too many daft cockneys in that show. :old:

Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:19 pm

and theres me thinking people were refering to ccfc establishment? :lol:

Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:43 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:Been watching the box set with my Son he has never seen them before. Just watched the episode "The Germans" and he was on the floor laughing. I explained they don't make comedy like that any more they are not allowed to, political correctness and all that shit. It can be crude and rude but it can't be funny. He was still laughing going up to bed. And he said himself it was a crime only 12 episodes were made.

Father Ted is better. :old:

Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:39 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:

Sorry Chief that does not even come close. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:41 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:

Sorry Chief that does not even come close. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

:( :( :( But Father Ted is funny. :D

Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:44 pm

CantonJack wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:

dont mention the war polly i mentioned it once but think i got away with it
classic line

Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:49 pm

Overated in my opinion

*battons down the hatches.

Id put loads of stuff above Basis and his shouting
even the Brittas Empire.

Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:52 pm

The deaf woman one, mrs Richards.

When in bedroom, she moans that she can't see the sea so basil says "well I suggest u move to a hotel nearer the sea, (then whispers) or preferably in it" :ayatollah: :lol: :lol: