Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Goalkeepers?

Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:03 pm

Was trying to think of a goalkeeper who could kick the ball out properly and came up with Pat Jennings, remember him? What is it with goalkeepers this day and age, they seem to have lost the ability to kick the ball out properly. It either goes into touch or goes through to the opposing goalkeeper!

Re: Goalkeepers?

Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:17 pm

WE had one with one hell of a kick on him Name Graham Vearncombe .

Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:36 pm

Essex Bluebird wrote:Was trying to think of a goalkeeper who could kick the ball out properly and came up with Pat Jennings, remember him? What is it with goalkeepers this day and age, they seem to have lost the ability to kick the ball out properly. It either goes into touch or goes through to the opposing goalkeeper!

i can name you one Cardiff keeper who definitely could NOT kick -

Ross Turnbull :oops:

how he's at Chelsea now i will never know! :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:56 pm

Gavin Ward had a hell of a boot on him

Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:58 pm

Essex Bluebird wrote:Was trying to think of a goalkeeper who could kick the ball out properly and came up with Pat Jennings, remember him? What is it with goalkeepers this day and age, they seem to have lost the ability to kick the ball out properly. It either goes into touch or goes through to the opposing goalkeeper!

Healey or Irwin both good kick takers, not sure about shot stopping though, although Healey was a good penalty saving keeper.

Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:55 pm

andythomas2 wrote:

Healey or Irwin both good kick takers, not sure about shot stopping though, although Healey was a good penalty saving keeper.

Do u remember the pen Healey saved at the Vetch. Best penalty save I've ever seen :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:59 pm

Marshalls ball through to Miller vs Southampton last season, cracking. :ayatollah: