Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Badge compromise

Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:41 pm

I know there have been countless threads like this, and there have been some great designs, but if they want the dragon to be the focal point of our new identity, why can't we incorporate it into our current crest.

The new badge idea is - let's face it - pretty embarrassing.

There is nothing wrong with our current badge, so why not keep it, but tweak it (if necessary)

What do you think?

A blue home shirt with either the first or second badge, and a red away shirt and I would be a happy man :lol:

ccfccompromise.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Badge compromise

Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:24 pm

I could deal with the second one :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:30 pm

Any of them are better than that monstrosity we have now :!:

Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:35 pm

I like the 2nd and 3rd send them to the club barrie MAC has said that he is liking all the badge designs on Twitter

Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:37 pm

I would be happy with any of them :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:03 pm

fair play they are the best ones ive seen so far id be happy with one of those

Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:09 pm

Much better.
Simple and effective instead of simply shite.
Would obviously have prefered to be blue with the bluebird as the focus but a badge like this wouldn't have angered me quite as much.

Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:15 pm

You like them because they have the same format as the old badge. It ain't happening. Some people's idea of compromise is about half an inch from not changing anything at all, ever.

Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:16 pm

Wayne S wrote:You like them because they have the same format as the old badge. It ain't happening. Some people's idea of compromise is about half an inch from not changing anything at all, ever.

Agreed I do like your avatar design as well, just removing that yellow stripe and adding the two bluebirds made it better, I still would change the dragon a bit.

Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:23 pm

Wayne S wrote:You like them because they have the same format as the old badge. It ain't happening. Some people's idea of compromise is about half an inch from not changing anything at all, ever.

If it ain't broke don't fix it!

They want a dragon to be more prominent, so why not tweak what we have.

Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:29 pm

Owain wrote:If it ain't broke don't fix it.

I totally agree, but it is changing so a compromise is the way forward. They will not revert to the old style especially if it has so much blue on it.

The club will not listen to attempts to go backwards but if there is a meeting halfway with the fans getting a vote on a choice of badges it might just work.

Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:47 pm

This is the Badge i want to see
729.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:19 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:This is the Badge i want to see
729.jpg

Yeh that could be an idea :lol: