Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Steve borley, total clown

Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:40 pm

I am well aware of all steve borley has done for cardiff city football club in years gone by, however i feel his conduct since the re brand issue has been incompetent at best and disingenuous at worst.

In borleys latest twitter rant (and the director of ccfc seems very fond of twitter) he states only 50 fans have ASKED for refunds on their season tickets. As someone who is very close to someone( who will never be named) in admin down the club i have one word to say to steve, BULLSHIT.

It should not pass peoples attention that nearly all money from s/ts was collected BEFORE the re brand was announced, so it begs the question, when was the re brand thought up and why didnnt borley as director come clean before fans purchased
tickets? Were you afraid of the response? It could easily be seen that a ot of fans purchased s/ts under false pretences.

Lets not be fooled that steve borley " is a fan " He is a director first and formost and is looking after his own intrests. If he has any sense of fair play left he should give any fan who wants to cancel their s/t a full refund immediately without this ( put it in writing) nonsense. After all according to borley Its only fiftey.

Otherwise resign.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=81083

Re: Steve borley, total cliown

Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:44 pm

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=81083

jama wrote:I am well aware of all steve borley has done for cardiff city football club in years gone by, however i feel his conduct since the re brand issue has been incompetent at best and disingenuous at worst.

In borleys latest twitter rant (and the director of ccfc seems very fond of twitter) he states only 50 fans have ASKED for refunds on their season tickets. As someone who is very close to someone( who will never be named) in admin down the club i have one word to say to steve, BULLSHIT.

It should not pass peoples attention that nearly all money from s/ts was collected BEFORE the re brand was announced, so it begs the question, when was the re brand thought up and why didnnt borley as director come clean before fans purchased
tickets? Were you afraid of the response? It could easily be seen that a ot of fans purchased s/ts under false pretences.

Lets not be fooled that steve borley " is a fan " He is a director first and formost and is looking after his own intrests. If he has any sense of fair play left he should give any fan who wants to cancel their s/t a full refund immediately without this ( put it in writing) nonsense. After all according to borley Its only fiftey.

Otherwise resign.

So out of curiosity how many are you hearing want to cancel, no doubting your info just interested.

Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:45 pm

Steve Borley has kept our club alive using his own money. I wouldn't mind betting he is hurting in the same way we all are.

Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:45 pm

jama wrote:I am well aware of all steve borley has done for cardiff city football club in years gone by, however i feel his conduct since the re brand issue has been incompetent at best and disingenuous at worst.

Otherwise resign.

He has done alot for are club and i bet hes in pain like us all but his hands are firmly in his pockets and has just become a yes man like the rest of the board to VT but it does make you wonder was it about his company getting lots of work out of this which will be comming up, who knows if hes the leaker or not thats the million dollar question, as for resigning i dont think he would :ayatollah:

Re: Steve borley, total clown

Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:52 pm

Give it a rest.

Steve was a fan long before he joined the board. he came in when the place was just dying of apathy. I remember him saying that he did not want the pressure of taking over the club as there would always be fans who will be against you and he could not face it as he loved the club.

You are proving his point.

Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:04 pm

Wayne S wrote:Give it a rest.

Steve was a fan long before he joined the board. he came in when the place was just dying of apathy. I remember him saying that he did not want the pressure of taking over the club as there would always be fans who will be against you and he could not face it as he loved the club.

Agreed,I'm grateful for what the man has done down the years.Jama,you are a perfect example of the term "fickle fan"

Whatever your viewpoint,blokes like him are worth their weight in gold.

Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:18 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:

Agreed,I'm grateful for what the man has done down the years.Jama,you are a perfect example of the term "fickle fan"

what a ridiculous statement..."weight in gold".....have you seen the size of steve.. :D ....he would wipe the debt out if this was true :D :D :D :D :D :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:19 pm

krabb wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:

what a ridiculous statement..."weight in gold".....have you seen the size of steve.. :D ....he would wipe the debt out if this was true :D :D :D :D :D :ayatollah:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Could have phrased that better :roll:

Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:32 pm

Not having any of it steve borley is mr cardiff city as far as i am concerned so leave him well alone fools. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:35 pm

Going back to the original reason, I said from the start that you won't get the 'real' number of cancelations from the club and you can't blame them in a way. However after the recent lie by the club over the change of colour I think it may have been easier not to have mentioned any numbers at all surrounding the season ticket returns.

Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:36 pm

Otherwise resign.

Say what you like about Borley, I think he deserves something out of the club.

Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:49 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:

Ok, lets cut to the chase.500quid bet. Im telling you the club has had over 50 fans ask for their money back. Winner gives the money to ty hafan childrens hospice. You got the clubs director on your side, Im just a " fickle fan". Put your money where your mouth is.

Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:21 pm

Would steve borley like to take the bet on? When borley announced only 50 fans had asked for a refund the statement was false.

Borley as a " fan" should realise fans who have been with the club through thick and thin should be reimbursed with no questions asked.i

Its the fans who should ask the questions.

Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:57 pm

jama wrote:Would steve borley like to take the bet on? When borley announced only 50 fans had asked for a refund the statement was false.

Borley as a " fan" should realise fans who have been with the club through thick and thin should be reimbursed with no questions asked.i

Its the fans who should ask the questions.

I love how the figure went from 'single figures' (Gwyn claimed this) to at least 5 times that number in a day (ala Borley). The reality is that it is probably in the hundreds

Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:40 pm

I realise borley is between s rock and a hard place but the falsehoids and propaganda he is allowing to come out of the club in the past week is at detrimant to the club, the fans and to himself. His twitter comment published in todays south wales echo was insulting. It was simpley not true.

The way the whole re brand issue has been handled ( if your for or against) is doing damage to the club.

He should stand down.

Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:42 pm

Hell probably blane a family member using his log in when he was asleep. Again.

Clubs grown too big for him.

Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:20 pm

Jama , Steve Borley is cardiff through & through, saved our sorry arse on numerous ocassions i only usually post about mister years up to no good, do yourself a favour crawl between a rock.. . :evil: