Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

We should have realised they were unfit to run a club when..

Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:47 pm

They introduced the club to that dodgy Asian betting firm who didn't even have a licence to advertise in the UK!!!!

Re: We should have realised they were unfit to run a club when..

Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:49 pm

You idiot that was Risdale

Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:51 pm

I don't think they were around then.

Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:51 pm

Igovernor wrote:You idiot that was Risdale

They were involved when that happened and they introduced the firm to the club. FACT!!

Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:53 pm

they got involved around the play off final and it happened the beginning of the next season.

Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:56 pm

Angry Man wrote:They introduced the club to that dodgy Asian betting firm who didn't even have a licence to advertise in the UK!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: NEXTTTTTTTT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:59 pm

It was the at the beginning of that play off season that Riddler got caught out with that betting firm

Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:03 pm

What a buffoon :lol:

Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:05 pm

It was in Aug/Sept 2009 we had that dodgy sponsor, so around the same sort of time the Malaysians came involved I think.

Just found the quotes I was looking for. I wonder if PR knew they could be a bit dodgy? Not like him to shy away from praise!

“The deal has been delivered through Suzanne Twamley and her commercial team – not through my globetrotting.

“The commercial staff have done a great job with this sponsorship deal.

“My trips to Malaysia are not connected with the shirt sponsorship. I am confident there will be other positive news to come from our contacts in Malaysia in the coming weeks.”

Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:49 pm

Owain wrote:It was in Aug/Sept 2009 we had that dodgy sponsor, so around the same sort of time the Malaysians came involved I think.

Just found the quotes I was looking for. I wonder if PR knew they could be a bit dodgy? Not like him to shy away from praise!

“The deal has been delivered through Suzanne Twamley and her commercial team – not through my globetrotting.

“My trips to Malaysia are not connected with the shirt sponsorship. I am confident there will be other positive news to come from our contacts in Malaysia in the coming weeks.”

Thanks Owain for providing me with the proof that the Malaysians were involved when that happened

Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:53 pm

When Alan Shearer was mentioned I cried. I'll admit it.

Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:02 pm

They are so unfit to run the club yet they are keeping us afloat each month, these malasian posts are boring now the rbrand have happend stop all the stirring

Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:02 pm

TheLad wrote:When Alan Shearer was mentioned I cried. I'll admit it.

Yeah cried laughing :lol:

Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:10 pm

Angry Man wrote:
Owain wrote:It was in Aug/Sept 2009 we had that dodgy sponsor, so around the same sort of time the Malaysians came involved I think.

Thanks Owain for providing me with the proof that the Malaysians were involved when that happened

Errm, YOU claimed the Malaysians introduced said dodgy company.

"“The deal has been delivered through Suzanne Twamley and her commercial team – not through my globetrotting."

"My trips to Malaysia are not connected with the shirt sponsorship. I am confident there will be other positive news to come from our contacts in Malaysia in the coming weeks."

Which of those prove your claim? Is the answer... none of them?

Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:27 pm

I think it's called clutching at straws, anything that can possibly discredit the Malaysians,the best one yet is the new section at the ground set aside for malaysians and chines only, you couldn't make it up. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:46 pm

ok then where is my food i ordered off chegs any of you lot nicked it??? :D

Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:55 pm

nerd wrote:
Angry Man wrote:

Errm, YOU claimed the Malaysians introduced said dodgy company.

"“The deal has been delivered through Suzanne Twamley and her commercial team – not through my globetrotting."

"My trips to Malaysia are not connected with the shirt sponsorship. I am confident there will be other positive news to come from our contacts in Malaysia in the coming weeks."

Which of those prove your claim? Is the answer... none of them?

These kind of crazy posts from the op are best just to ignore - but then I suppose people might believe the nonsense, so we have to answer with the facts.

Some of it you just couldn't make up though :lol:

Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:59 pm

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... -24660003/ Sept 2009

This deal has no connection with chairman Peter Ridsdale’s trips to Malaysia for talks on investment and sponsorship

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 706910.stm - May 2010

What I don't understand Angry Man is that your argument was back in Feb/March was that the Malaysian's were not investing in the club at all, now you know you were wrong, why are you pretending like you were right all along?