Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

£3,000 for an accident

Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:42 am

You got to laugh, had a text last night telling me who ever it was had £2,908.82p waiting for me for the accident I'd had, all I had to do was text back claim to get it.

So for a laugh I text back claim, half an hour ago I get a call saying this chaps name and his company stating they had received my text about my accident, he went on to ask if I'd made any other claims regarding this accident, I let him witter on for a few minutes and then said, which accident he was referring to, and he told me the one that you text us about.

Well he was reeled in now, I said, "no you told me you had a cheque there for this very specific amount in relation to my accident" he started floundering a bit then, I went on to say I can't recollect having an accident and could he give me details because to have such a specific sum, they must have some details and records about my level of injuries.

I think he gone for a lie down now, f**k me I am turning into Victor Meldrew, but these type of ad's and text messages do me head in, and whilst I'm on the subject, I've never had P.P.I. so stop f*cking asking me. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Re: £3,000 for an accident

Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:48 am

:lol: :lol:

Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:49 am

That's odd, I've just had exactly the same text? I've been sitting here scheming what to do about it for the past half hour, think I'll just follow your example... :lol:

Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:49 am

Register on here, I was getting bombarded with the spammers and cold calling but registered and its all stopped now. I quite miss them though :lol:

http://www.tpsonline.org.uk/tps/index.html

Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:55 am

He'll have the last laugh when your text back cost you £20!

Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:57 am

Highlight of my day when these people phone... I used to get wound up by it, but now used it to myown advantage, I wind them up a treat ;) :lolno: funny, I don't get many now, wonder why :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:12 pm

Owain wrote:He'll have the last laugh when your text back cost you £20!

I'll just take it out of the £2,908.82p cheque they got waiting for me. :lol: :lol:

Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:17 pm

BigGwynram wrote:
Owain wrote:He'll have the last laugh when your text back cost you £20!

I'll just take it out of the £2,908.82p cheque they got waiting for me. :lol: :lol:

True!

Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:15 pm

I had one this morning saying "There is £2108.32 waiting to be claimed in your name for the miss-selling of PPI on your loans and credit card. To get this ASAP reply PPI to this message now"

So many scams out there

Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:03 pm

TheMortgageAdvisor wrote:I had one this morning saying "There is £2108.32 waiting to be claimed in your name for the miss-selling of PPI on your loans and credit card. To get this ASAP reply PPI to this message now"

So many scams out there

When I was approached by a PPI company I got them foolishly pass on info of my claim then got in contact with my bank and after 2months had past I was refunded £1700, thank you PPI not so smart claims.

Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:05 pm

Read the post title and thought £3,000 that's cheap to arrange an "accident" :o

After reading the thread wasn't that exciting :D

Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:33 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
But some have had PPI included when you have stated that you did not want it. I had to stop one when i said i didn't want it. But had i not looked at it closely i would never of known. :o :evil: :evil: :evil:

Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:24 pm

Haha quality!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:32 pm

i work for a ppi dept in a bank and there is NO need for anyone to get a 3rd party to claim their money back and dish out up to 40% of it! love it when they ring/txt me and i make them shat their pants! :lol:

Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:48 pm

It is actually illegal for them to send unsolicited texts - irrespective as to whether it is for a Road Accident or Payment Protection.

When I used to live in Cardiff I always used to get hounded by The Accident Group on Queen Street every lunchtime.

One day I had enough so I thought I would play with them. Usual scene "Have you been involved in an accident within the last 3 years". "Oh yes" I replied. I then went on to describe an accident where I felt down some stairs and twisted my knee. They took all my false details and then came the crunch. "Where did this accident happen". My reply - "It was a place in Manchester. 36 King Street I think"

They were not best pleased - this was, of course, the address for The Accident Group

Anyone who knows me knows that I deal in this type of work. You simply dont need to pester people. If someone wants to claim they will claim - you dont need to harass people.

Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:27 pm

A few months back a female friend of mine had a very very minor bump at a roundabout and a fella clipped her
at no more than 5 miles an hour, they pulled over and the bloke was very kind etc to her, there was only a few scratches on
his car and a small dent in hers, she rang her dad and her dad spoke to the fella on the phone and her dad
offered to pay for any damage.

No police involved, didnt get any other witnesses as the bump was so minor, anyway the fella said its best to let it go through the
insurance, no problem.

Just had a phone call from her insurance company today to let her know that the fella has made a claim for whiplash and is
being paid, £2,500.

Absolute scandal and the sooner this gets stamped out the better.

How do they get away with it?

Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:03 am

Gwyn I thought this was about you getting "contracts to kill" on "blues" for "£3k" by the "Valley Mafia" and make it look like an "Accident".

:old:

Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:17 am

Bluebird since 1948 wrote:Gwyn I thought this was about you getting "contracts to kill" on "blues" for "£3k" by the "Valley Mafia" and make it look like an "Accident".

:old:

I'm the one with a contract on me ask Dayo, four grand on my head, Cheggers was jealous because he only put one grand on his.
To be honesst, I got better things to waste my money on. ;)

Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:04 am

Just had another text, this time for the accident that I've had £2,108.02 waiting for me.

It's turning into a good year with all this free money

Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:47 am

We get calls. But not like that.
Usually about loft insurance on insulation and pc issues.

One day some bloke rang and spoke to the wife, "we have identified a problem on your pc!"
So she went along with it, "press this, click that, click this, open this bla bla."
Then he said "what can u see on your screen now"?

To which she replied "nothing cos it ain't even on" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tosser. Job satisfaction that day, not :lol: