Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

The Bluebird to be taken off badge in 12 months time

Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:53 am

In 12 months time the Bluebird will come off the new Cardiff City badge to eradicate any trace of the old history of our new branded franchised football club.
Also in 12 months time the away kit will not be blue, so as the eradicate the blue from our history also, so supporters have no choice but to buy red kits of the want replica kits.
THe club shop has had a fantastic sale on for the last month or so, with bigger discounts than normal, this is to sell all traces of the old badge.
This has been a pre planned move that would have been decided many months ago.
This is a denegration of our great history and tradition, and all Red replica kits should be boycotted.
We are being sold down the Red river on a whim ( this has been planned for a very long time, and the fans don,t matter )
What hurts the most, is the change of our great historical badge, for some "beer" mat type of a badge that my 10 year old could have come up with during his break time in the school art class :evil: :old: :evil: :old:

Re: The Bluebird to be taken off badge in 12 months time

Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:00 am

Blueboys1927 wrote:In 12 months time the Bluebird will come off the new Cardiff City badge to eradicate any trace of the old history of our new branded franchised football club.
Also in 12 months time the away kit will not be blue, so as the eradicate the blue from our history also, so supporters have no choice but to buy red kits of the want replica kits.
THe club shop has had a fantastic sale on for the last month or so, with bigger discounts than normal, this is to sell all traces of the old badge.
This is a denegration of our great history and tradition, and all Red replica kits should be boycotted.
We are being sold down the Red river on a whim ( this has been planned for a very long time, and the fans don,t matter )
What hurts the most, is the change of our great historical badge, for some "beer" mat type of a badge that my 10 year old could have come up with during his break time in the school art class :evil: :old: :evil: :old:

I presume you have evidence of this otherwise you woouldn't have posted it :roll: If you haven't got the evidence then someone of the alternate view could post "we're changing back to blue after next season so just keep quiet and we'll be OK" :roll: :lol:

As for the badge, yes it's crap but we've had about 5 or 6 different badges over the years, at least 4 since the 70s, so it's not really the big deal people are making out.

Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:07 am

I also think the ground will change to Red seats in near future wouldnt make any sense to play in Red at home with Blue seats. shocking :(

Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:12 am

I don't really think its right to speculate on matters so sensitive, instead use your school break time to eye up a few geeky girls, some of them will turn into beauty's and if you put a bit of spade work in now it might pay dividends in years to come :old:

Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:21 am

They have an end of season sale every year. This one might be a bit more extensive, but would not have needed to have been decided upon months ago :roll:

Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:39 am

Cefnfforestbluebird wrote:I also think the ground will change to Red seats in near future wouldnt make any sense to play in Red at home with Blue seats. shocking :(

This I can see happening as it would not make sense to keep them blue. However, it would only be after the rebranding had proved successful. So hopefully the rebranding will do nothing and everything will revert to blue.

The original post is a personal view and should have been posted as such. He has no evidence to what he is saying.

Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:59 am

Another one of these threads. A drinking game must be devised.

Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:10 pm

RFMH wrote:Another one of these threads. A drinking game must be devised.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:20 pm

Wayne S wrote:
Cefnfforestbluebird wrote:I also think the ground will change to Red seats in near future wouldnt make any sense to play in Red at home with Blue seats. shocking :(

This I can see happening as it would not make sense to keep them blue. However, it would only be after the rebranding had proved successful. So hopefully the rebranding will do nothing and everything will revert to blue.

The original post is a personal view and should have been posted as such. He has no evidence to what he is saying.

So hopefully the rebranding will do nothing and everything will revert to blue.

Lets hope so ^^^^^^^

Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:25 pm

Blueboys1927 wrote:In 12 months time the Bluebird will come off the new Cardiff City badge to eradicate any trace of the old history of our new branded franchised football club.

Simon, as u were a Director of Cardiff City through the 90's and still are involved with our Club on many different business matters, I think the way people have attacked u is well out of order. I know u know many things that go on at our club and cant say everything u want to. Also I enjoyed watching u on the BBC programme 2 weeks ago concerning our future.

Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:25 pm

Another Jackanory job - no substance to it all all - these types of thread are becoming a real bore and an embarrasment :cry:

Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:27 pm

mugsy wrote:

Another Jackanory job - no substance to it all all - these types of thread are becoming a real bore and an embarrasment :cry:

Simon Williams was a Director of Cardiff City through the 90's and still is involved with our Club on many different business matters, I think the way people have attacked him is well out of order. I know he knows many things that go on at our club and cant say everything he wants to. Also I enjoyed watching him on the BBC programme 2 weeks ago concerning our future.

Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:53 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Simon, as u were a Director of Cardiff City through the 90's and still are involved with our Club on many different business matters, I think the way people have attacked u is well out of order. I know u know many things that go on at our club and cant say everything u want to. Also I enjoyed watching u on the BBC programme 2 weeks ago concerning our future.

Thanks Annis i appreciate this :ayatollah: :old: :ayatollah: :old:

Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:02 pm

Gavlar wrote:I don't really think its right to speculate on matters so sensitive, instead use your school break time to eye up a few geeky girls, some of them will turn into beauty's and if you put a bit of spade work in now it might pay dividends in years to come :old:

Right, sorry about the quoted post here I thought you was of school age due to the last sentence of the original post, since your an adult I hope I causes you no offence with my school girl comment, just wrong end of the stick at my end

Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:20 pm

Gavlar wrote:
Gavlar wrote:I don't really think its right to speculate on matters so sensitive, instead use your school break time to eye up a few geeky girls, some of them will turn into beauty's and if you put a bit of spade work in now it might pay dividends in years to come :old:

Right, sorry about the quoted post here I thought you was of school age due to the last sentence of the original post, since your an adult I hope I causes you no offence with my school girl comment, just wrong end of the stick at my end

no problem :ayatollah: :old: :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:27 pm

Believe it will happen know it will happen :cry: Some may be happy with the re branding but ain't you at least one tiny bit pissed off those Malaysians keep lying to us ? Honorable my fooking arse.

Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:40 pm

F**king hell

Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:45 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

If your still involved with the club maybe you shoudnt be posting something that may harm it. :roll: Or was you asked to post on here and join the small bandwagon :D

Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:49 pm

We be called Canton Dragons next :twisted: :twisted: ...

Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:51 pm

:lol: at people believing him. A bigger LOL at the gullible blues looking for any non point to attack people with , even at the expense of logic

Evidence or get out wasteman

Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:57 pm

Stay in school.

Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:00 pm

Why is the Red camp so terrified that unless they grovel on bended knees and say the sligtest thing that is anti red or Malaysian that Mr Tan will walk with all his cash ? That is why veryone is laughing at CCFC at the moment.

Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:00 pm

TheLad wrote::lol: at people believing him. A bigger LOL at the gullible blues looking for any non point to attack people with , even at the expense of logic

Evidence or get out wasteman

He was probably asked to post that shit :lol:

Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:13 pm

It makes it worse that this is posted by a former director of the club. Surely they should know better than to post his own thoughts and 'suggest' they are happening.

Our club must hold you in forever if ex directors can't let go and understand it has nothing to do with them anymore. Unless you've been employed by the club to sort out financing or arrange a corporate buy out, let it go.

Blueboys1927 wrote:Also in 12 months time the away kit will not be blue, so as the eradicate the blue from our history also, so supporters have no choice but to buy red kits of the want replica kits.

Are both kits gonna be red then? :lol:

Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:25 pm

Agree these Malaysians will not stop with the changing the kit & badge they will eventually change everything about our illustrious history.

Who is t stop them?

The red faction are t naive & deluded t see this

Well done t you sir for bringing this t the attention of everyone