Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Letter sent requesting refund on Season tick await response

Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:45 am

Ive had enough. I appreciate everyones opinion but its not for me. The atmosphere at CCFC will be awful this season with fan against fan etc. I have had bust ups with loads of people just trying to debate it in a civilised way.

Some of the U Turns by people are cringeworthy too. The club is a joke to the entire world at the moment.

Re: Letter sent requesting refund on Season tick await response

Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:48 am

DannyboyBluebirds wrote:Ive had enough. I appreciate everyones opinion but its not for me. The atmosphere at CCFC will be awful this season with fan against fan etc. I have had bust ups with loads of people just trying to debate it in a civilised way.

Some of the U Turns by people are cringeworthy too. The club is a joke to the entire world at the moment.

never will i turn my back on cardiff city, no matter what happens, i respect what your doing but im city til i die and a loyal supporter

Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:52 am

DannyboyBluebirds wrote:Ive had enough. I appreciate everyones opinion but its not for me. The atmosphere at CCFC will be awful this season with fan against fan etc. I have had bust ups with loads of people just trying to debate it in a civilised way.

Fair play to you :ayatollah: Luckily I was planning on renewing my ST only a few weeks before the season, so the club have ensured they won't be getting my money and also saved me a fair few quid.

Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:06 am

Red Blue Pink Green whatever they play in they are still Cardiff City, as long as that is the case i will buy my season ticket every season. Most people will understand where you are coming from, it must be a hard thing to do, good luck with finding something else to do on a sat afternoon :(

Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:11 am

ffs wrote:

Fair play to you :ayatollah: Luckily I was planning on renewing my ST only a few weeks before the season, so the club have ensured they won't be getting my money and also saved me a fair few quid.

haha i cant honestly call you a fan if you turn your back that easily

Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:16 am

I have no problem with anyone asking for their season ticket money back when you consider the radical changes since they were first sold.

However, I'm keeping mine and I am very excited about the season ahead.

Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:21 am

I agree with Tony, I understand that's this is a step to far for a lot of fans, personally though, I just couldn't give up my Saturdays with the lads, my wife would soon have me 'nipping to Asda' if I wasn't going to football. Sod that!

Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:23 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:

I have no problem with anyone asking for their season ticket money back when you consider the radical changes since they were first sold.

However, I'm keeping mine and I am very excited about the season ahead.

^^^^^^^^
This

Gavlar wrote:I agree with Tony, I understand that's this is a step to far for a lot of fans, personally though, I just couldn't give up my Saturdays with the lads, my wife would soon have me 'nipping to Asda' if I wasn't going to football. Sod that!

^^^^^^^^^
and this

Congratulations :roll:

Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:48 am

jezzy666 wrote:
ffs wrote:

I'm not turning my back at all mate. The Malaysians are harming our club beyond repair. Giving them our money will do more harm than good. If we return to blue then I will consider giving my patronage once more

Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:50 am

ffs wrote:
jezzy666 wrote:
ffs wrote:

I'm not turning my back at all mate. The Malaysians are harming our club beyond repair. Giving them our money will do more harm than good. If we return to blue then I will consider giving my patronage once more

Oops don't forget to chance back to your main account before replying to posts!

Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:15 pm

Gavlar wrote:
ffs wrote:
jezzy666 wrote:
ffs wrote:

Good spot Gav :lol: :lol:

Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:17 pm

Gwyn were you not openly and outspokenly against these changes?

I see now you are like a kid in a sweetshop on the tele etc?

Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:21 pm

DannyboyBluebirds wrote:Gwyn were you not openly and outspokenly against these changes?

Is this how you came to have bust ups with people, by trying to debate things in a civilised way? :idea: :roll:

Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:22 pm

Overthemoon wrote:

DannyboyBluebirds wrote:Gwyn were you not openly and outspokenly against these changes?

Is this how you came to have bust ups with people, by trying to debate things in a civilised way? :idea: :roll:

Ha ha ha very good. Ive just had enough of it all

Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:31 pm

DannyboyBluebirds wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:

You shouldn't take things in life so seriously, as there'll be a lot more kicks in the teeth as you get older!

I think we'd all have liked to stay blue, but at least for the time being, it'll be better to get behind the team, than get worked up over something, which it appears that we can't change in the short term! :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:37 pm

Overthemoon wrote:
DannyboyBluebirds wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:

You shouldn't take things in life so seriously, as there'll be a lot more kicks in the teeth as you get older!

I think we'd all have liked to stay blue, but at least for the time being, it'll be better to get behind the team, than get worked up over something, which it appears that we can't change in the short term! :ayatollah:

Thanks mate

Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:43 pm

I may sit in a different camp to the OP but I do genuinely sympathise with his concerns - and indeed others of the same view.

We are very fortunate in this country to be part of a democracy. Whilst this is a very divisive subject it is clear that the vast majority would prefer to take Mr Tan's investment, even at the expense of some sacrifice, rather that go down a path that may lead to less fruitful times.

The point I make is that sometimes decisions are made which we did not vote for.

I, for example, hate the fact that we have a Conservative Government. My individual vote wasnt enough and I have to accept the greater majority. This is very similar. A larger number of supporters have indicated, through varies means and media, that they would prefer the investment and, democratically, that position has been adopted.

That said I would encourage the OP, and others like him, not to stop his Saturday enjoyment. The club hasnt abandoned you it has merely adopted the wider preference and therefore why should you feel the need to leave a club where, I am sure, you had a great deal of enjoyment - especially when there are great things around the corner.

Our club has had 20 years of famine. Possibly more. I believe that good times are around the corner and it would be a pity for any long standing supporter to feel that they cannot go, for whatever reason, down to the CCS.

If, after this plea, you still cannot go to home games - Please come to some of the away games and watch us in Blue!

Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:50 pm

Gavlar wrote:
ffs wrote:
jezzy666 wrote:
ffs wrote:

eh?? Read it again. jezzy666 quoted my post so I thought his comment was directed to me

FFS

Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:53 pm

Paul Keevil wrote:I may sit in a different camp to the OP but I do genuinely sympathise with his concerns - and indeed others of the same view.

We are very fortunate in this country to be part of a democracy. Whilst this is a very divisive subject it is clear that the vast majority would prefer to take Mr Tan's investment, even at the expense of some sacrifice, rather that go down a path that may lead to less fruitful times.

The point I make is that sometimes decisions are made which we did not vote for.

I, for example, hate the fact that we have a Conservative Government. My individual vote wasnt enough and I have to accept the greater majority. This is very similar. A larger number of supporters have indicated, through varies means and media, that they would prefer the investment and, democratically, that position has been adopted.

That said I would encourage the OP, and others like him, not to stop his Saturday enjoyment. The club hasnt abandoned you it has merely adopted the wider preference and therefore why should you feel the need to leave a club where, I am sure, you had a great deal of enjoyment - especially when there are great things around the corner.

Our club has had 20 years of famine. Possibly more. I believe that good times are around the corner and it would be a pity for any long standing supporter to feel that they cannot go, for whatever reason, down to the CCS.

If, after this plea, you still cannot go to home games - Please come to some of the away games and watch us in Blue!

Ha ha I actually work for the conservative government

Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:09 pm

Ha ha I actually work for the conservative government

I'd keep that to yourself if I were you.

Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:35 pm

We are still named Cardiff City FC, of my home City Cardiff. I support that name and enjoy the pride that comes with it. I do acknowledge you reasons but read it with immense disappointment. Regardless of what you say YOU WILL be there if/when we get to the premiership, I'll put my mortgage on it. Go strop off for a few years.