Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: A POSITIVE SUGGESTION,THOUGHTS PLEASE

Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:13 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:Was there not a meeting of the exact same nature arranged several weeks ago in the Municipal Club in Cardiff, which had to be cancelled seemingly because some "tuff guyz' weren't happy about people against the rebranding. Surely this would be a risk again, with the dangerous men on the prowl?

I think you'll find that the meeting was arranged when the whistleblower first leaked the news!

The meeting was then abruptly cancelled, when people realised the full ramifications of the proposals and that it could cost us our club! :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:14 pm

CraigCCFC wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:So out of the blue side we got me and the rest are either avoiding it or claming its pointless so me vs red then what a great contructive meeting that will be its good to see them standing up and wanting the say there bit when clearly when an decent idea is said like gywn is trying to put forward nobody wants to know from the blue camp cheers chaps. Nice to know who the talkers are and the ones who would talk man to man with everyone else if this did happen. This sums this message board up for me full of bullshiters who claimed the red side including myself had no spines well wheres the blue spines now :oops: :roll:

I said i'll go

Two of us craig stood there like mellons putting are points across and we have 200 others putting there points across to us would be a cracking meeting :lol: this sums this message board up full stop really something contructive like this gets put forward and the blue camp do one it shows 98% of the blue side are bullshiters or in troll accounts , i give up on it all :shock:

Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:21 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:So out of the blue side we got me and the rest are either avoiding it or claming its pointless so me vs red then what a great contructive meeting that will be its good to see them standing up and wanting the say there bit when clearly when an decent idea is said like gywn is trying to put forward nobody wants to know from the blue camp cheers chaps. Nice to know who the talkers are and the ones who would talk man to man with everyone else if this did happen. This sums this message board up for me full of bullshiters who claimed the red side including myself had no spines well wheres the blue spines now :oops: :roll:

Well I am firmly in the blue corner and if you had checked four posts above before you posted yours you will see that you are not on your own and you will also see my blue spine. I have also made suggestions for the agenda that might help move things on. :oops:

Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:24 pm

f**k off Gwyn you tosser, just realising your mistakes now are you?

Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:27 pm

Randy Udderway wrote:f**k off Gwyn you tosser, just realising your mistakes now are you?

Thanks for your intellectual input!

Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:32 pm

Randy Udderway wrote:f**k off Gwyn you tosser, just realising your mistakes now are you?

And this is the classic example of the grown up debate that will help, come to th meeting and talk about these mistakes and what you have planned, otherwise shut the f**k up. 8-)

Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:34 pm

Bluebird64 wrote:

Well I am firmly in the blue corner and if you had checked four posts above before you posted yours you will see that you are not on your own and you will also see my blue spine. I have also made suggestions for the agenda that might help move things on. :oops:

My bad then what are three people going to do there wanting blue or putting points across to them on the platform, thats my point wheres all the gobshites who been spouting stuff on here for weeks yet there not prepared to talk up for what we believe in when it comes to a meeting like this. Maybe we should wave the white flag and say f**k it like the rest of the blue side because if this can not be made it to something nothing will :shock:

Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:38 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:
Bluebird64 wrote:

My bad then what are three people going to do there wanting blue or putting points across to them on the platform, thats my point wheres all the gobshites who been spouting stuff on here for weeks yet there not prepared to talk up for what we believe in when it comes to a meeting like this. Maybe we should wave the white flag and say f**k it like the rest of the blue side because if this can not be made it to something nothing will :shock:

I hate the changes and if we stay blue AND have 100 million invested then happy days i am more than happy to come along and give my opinion and would also chair the meeting if no one else was willing to do it :old:

Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:40 pm

Bluebird64 wrote:Gwyn I think that this is a good idea. We all know that there is a red and blue camp and we have become somewhat entrenched in our opinions. I personally do not think that the meeting should be used to change one side or the others opinion as I do not think that this is possible as after all, everything has already been said on the subject and there is little value in raking it all up again.
There may be an opportunity however to ulilise the meeting to agree on some sort of compromise which we can all loosely support.
I would suggest that one of the agenda items should be to identify where there is common ground as a starter.I then think it would be useful if the issues were clearly identified such as identifying if the opposition is down to the colour of our kit, having a large dragon on the badge at the expence of the bluebird, lack of consultation, concern about how far the rebranding will go or any other concerns.
At least there is a chance that this could turn out to be the start of both sides moving forward which is better than what we have at present. :ayatollah:

fair play some good grown up points :lol: :lol: , personally be gob smacked if any meeting could get people to change their minds drastically, and yes it be great to see them agree to some compromises, but I keep going back to this VT thing, i don't think he's the type of bloke to sit and discuss things with fans, that is far from right, just how I see it.
In all fairness, I don't think our CEo gets much chance to speak directly to VT and most communication goes through TG and I don't know how much weight he carries in VT's world.

I think we need to have a hymn sheet we can all sing off if the promise of funding doesn't come about, also to ask for some prior consultation before events of such magnitude are put on us again, what's done is done now in my eyes we just have to hope and look at the positives from it and make sure he sticks to his promise.

Count me in then

bluebird1977 wrote:
Bluebird64 wrote:

It is pointless winding yourself up about how many blues will turn up at the meeting. I would not care if it was just me and the rest were pro red as my arguments would be no less valid. Why you think that it is only you who will turn up I don't know as the meeting has only just been suggested.If it makes you feel any better and I am off work for the meeting then I can even come pick you up. :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:49 pm

Bluebird1997 - I said I would go :? :? ....I Don't hide behind a username, a fair few people on here know me :ayatollah:

Gwyn, have you any Idea if this will be on a weekend or a weekday, be good to know as I work away and would take the day off if it is happening on a weekday. :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:51 pm

Bluebird64 wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:
Bluebird64 wrote:

It is pointless winding yourself up about how many blues will turn up at the meeting. I would not care if it was just me and the rest were pro red as my arguments would be no less valid. Why you think that it is only you who will turn up I don't know as the meeting has only just been suggested.If it makes you feel any better and I am off work for the meeting then I can even come pick you up. :ayatollah:

Well that would be defeating the whole idea of this meeting wouldn't it 5blues saying there point vs 200reds that's my point, where are they all now when something could happen to solve all this red/blue camp talk with ideas of how we move forward together as fans. It just seems the ones pro blue so to speak are gone now something like this has been mentioned. Besides you wouldn't need to pick me up either I be in a car full of reds with my crash helmet on :lol:

Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:54 pm

It shouldnt just be about the re-branding though.

It also shouldnt be a blue v red scenario

Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:02 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:
Bluebird64 wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:
Bluebird64 wrote:

Well that would be defeating the whole idea of this meeting wouldn't it 5blues saying there point vs 200reds that's my point, where are they all now when something could happen to solve all this red/blue camp talk with ideas of how we move forward together as fans. It just seems the ones pro blue so to speak are gone now something like this has been mentioned. Besides you wouldn't need to pick me up either I be in a car full of reds with my crash helmet on :lol:

I think you may be overeacting a little. The suggestion of a meeting only came out this morning and just because hundreds of blues have not posted that they will attend is no indication that they will not turn up. Many people are still in work. As I have stated, I would not care if I was outnumbered as the meeting is not about what side gets the most attendance. :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:03 pm

Looking forward to this, I have some fair ideas beneficial to everyone that I hope will be embraced by all those present

Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:35 pm

The pub will yellow walls, i'm up for it

Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:56 pm

Just my opinion, but to find out the opinion of all of the grass roots fans it seems a bit late now ! When meetings were arranged with board members by so called fans reps did they portray the opinions of all of the fans or just their own opinions ! This is where we are now ! Infighting between fans, Not everyone comfortable with the red idea, Not a clear statement of intent by our Malaysian owners,leaving fans uncertain of the future of our club. It has been handled badly and without any professionalism by the club ! Yes all of the fans should have a view and not just a few ! In my opinion the club should have come to a compromise with the fans for the greater good of the club ! We as fans are investors in this club to,. and this uncertainty will go on and on unless a compromise is reached.

Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:23 pm

Gwyn would it be in your local pub where the protests are ? :lol: :lol: :lol: (Mght of already been said havent read all the replys) But TBF its a good idea fella. And yes a lot hide behind usernames so dish out abuse behind the keyboard. I am up for it.
Will the Valley Commandos be working the door ? :o :ayatollah: :lol:

Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:17 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:Gwyn would it be in your local pub where the protests are ? :lol: :lol: :lol: (Mght of already been said havent read all the replys) But TBF its a good idea fella. And yes a lot hide behind usernames so dish out abuse behind the keyboard. I am up for it.
Will the Valley Commandos be working the door ? :o :ayatollah: :lol:

To be honest it's just my idea, ain't picked a venue or date, might be best if others do, it ain't intended to be the Gwyn Davies how, I'll be more than happy if i can attend and not have to say a word, but i very much doubt it unless i'm tranquilized, gobby tw*t. ;)

Let's see how much of a head of steam it gathers, but please don't turn this into a red/blue thing, I'd like to think we all want what's best for the club, it's just what we think is best and how to get it causes the problem.

I WILL REPEAT AGAIN,I HAVE NOT MET ANYONE WHO WANTS RED, BUT LOADS WHO WILL ACCEPT IT IF IT BRINGS THE INVESTMENT.

Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:36 pm

A good idea but ultimately pointless, everybody has there own feelings on the re-brand issues and at this stage nothing is going to change peoples point of view. What we really need is a cooling off period then a proper discussion on what actions we will take as a Fanbase if Mr Tan doesn't deliver on promises made.