Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: A POSITIVE SUGGESTION,THOUGHTS PLEASE

Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:31 am

lol no chance will this be carried out properly

It'll be the usual handful of fAns LEaDeRS shouting everyone down and not allowing for reasoned debate. Like I say, dictatorship.

Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:39 am

Ill attend if its run properly. If its boils down to a shouting match with people screaming over each other there really is no point. As someone posted earlier, set out an agenda and do this properly.

Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:48 am

TheLad wrote:lol no chance will this be carried out properly

It'll be the usual handful of fAns LEaDeRS shouting everyone down and not allowing for reasoned debate. Like I say, dictatorship.

Just like on here then, except you won't be able to hide behind a username there.

I reckon it's an ambush. The Sopranos will be there, waiting for the prey to bob along.

Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:58 am

Whilst I think its a good idea I can see there being a few problems.

I don't think in the first instance inviting the club along is a good idea. I think as fans we need an open and honest discussion to try and get a single veiwpoint on this issue that ALL the fans can support.

Only once that is done should our point of of view be presented to the club otherwise it will end up as a mess.

However even if we had an agenda , everything was carried out in a civilised manner and a good set of suggestions came from the meeting to put to the club I don't think for one second that it will make a bit of difference/ VT has made it clear we are doing it his way whether we like it or not something that I think will be his eventual undoing.

Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:01 am

In all seriousness Gwyn, with the way you ridiculed and belittled certain sections of our fanbase over the past few weeks, I really don't think it is your place to be prominent in this kind of event. Somebody much more measured would need to be behind it. As you can see in this thread, you have burnt too many bridges, hurt too many people, rubbed salt in wounds, etc, for you to be seen to be involved in this. It would all descend into a slagging match.

Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:02 am

There will be a low turn out due to the fact that some of more opinionated members of this board are only that opinionated with anonymity!

You've called them out Gwyn, let's see who is willing to man up and turn up

Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:32 am

Gavlar wrote:There will be a low turn out due to the fact that some of more opinionated members of this board are only that opinionated with anonymity!

very ODD invite,why this CALL them OUT part? :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:44 am

taffy123 wrote:
Gavlar wrote:There will be a low turn out due to the fact that some of more opinionated members of this board are only that opinionated with anonymity!

very ODD invite,why this CALL them OUT part? :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Why is it odd gwyns trying to arrange a meeting for both sides gav only ment it as a saying I'm sure he means its ok for people on here to spout off and I've been one of them vs red and the same for red people vs anyone who wants blue still but others will not show up due to either being trolls or again do not want to put there point across man to man yet can slate on here hence man up as he put it. I for one will be there having my say and listening to other views as thats how a meeting works if it goes ahead. :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:58 am

Ahhh the good old "LOL you hide online"

I've no interest in attending this for the aforementioned reasons. But that won't stop me stating my opinion IRL or on here. He hasn't called anyone out. In fact it could be argued he is a hypocrite with the beguiling he has done on here.

Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:05 am

I was merely pointing out that people may be less opinionated around a table than behind a keyboard. Would you agree?

Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:08 am

TheLad wrote:

Ahhh the good old "LOL you hide online"

I've no interest in attending this for the aforementioned reasons. But that won't stop me stating my opinion IRL or on here. He hasn't called anyone out. In fact it could be argued he is a hypocrite with the beguiling he has done on here.

On a side note, what's with the Morgan Freeman avatars??

Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:18 am

Gavlar wrote:I was merely pointing out that people may be less opinionated around a table than behind a keyboard. Would you agree?

Perhaps.

Oh and as for the avatars, I've no idea :D. More distinctive than the usual badge or city player at least.

Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:34 am

Cant see this working, the cast has been set and we fall into what we believe in. The Reds have what they want and are happy for the club to re branded , play in red shirts and wherever this takes them probably red seats throughout the ground within 2 years etc, Some of us in the opposite camp and staying loyal to Cardiff City in Blue etc. The Malaysians wont do anything else other than press ahead now it is what it is. Roll on the protest and at least show the owners not all of us are being rolled over with the lure of money and success.

Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:47 am

I would love to attend such an event. I agree with previous posts that a proper agenda should be set that might include the red/blue debate at some point.

Personally I would like to see us concentrate on what unites us, the crap badge (& possibly the playing kit), the possibilty of playing home games in league and cup in our away strip (Blue) and concreate assurances (may be even lobby for legally signed contract between the board and supporters) that the name Cardiff City Football Club will never ever change.

However, I would like those who do attend to do so in good faith and look for positive ways ahead.

Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:55 am

BigGwynram wrote:Thought about this last night, what about setting up a meeting at some club or venue, everyone can air their views and possibly something positive can come of it.

Now this wont be about protesting or supporting, it will be about discussion and clearing the air so to speak.

IDEAS AND THOUGHTS PLEASE

Don't think we should invite club staff initially, wouldn't be fair on them in my opinion.

I just think it would be good for fans off this board and possibly any board for that matter to have a good bang out and get some things off their chests.

Don't know who would be up for it and who would be prepared to answer certain questions, but if people want to ask me, ANNIS, CARL, VINCE ALM, TLG EVEN DAYO, actually anyone with an opinion or who feels strongly enough to meet and discuss things, I would much rather sit and talk rather than spend hours posting and repeating myself on here to faceless anonymous posters.

I haven't spoken To anyone else about this idea yet, as I said It came to me last night and some I have mentioned may not be up for it, as I say, it's just an idea and if it helps, let's get it on.

None of us can answer for VT or the club, all we can do is give our opinions and answers to questions that may involve us and our views and actions. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Its a bold move and one that probably is needed but you know as much as me that many hide behind their MB names and wont want to reveal themselves, Id rather ask questions face to face than hide behind the pc.

Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:12 am

RichardBluebird wrote:
BigGwynram wrote:Thought about this last night, what about setting up a meeting at some club or venue, everyone can air their views and possibly something positive can come of it.

Now this wont be about protesting or supporting, it will be about discussion and clearing the air so to speak.

Don't think we should invite club staff initially, wouldn't be fair on them in my opinion.

I just think it would be good for fans off this board and possibly any board for that matter to have a good bang out and get some things off their chests.

Don't know who would be up for it and who would be prepared to answer certain questions, but if people want to ask me, ANNIS, CARL, VINCE ALM, TLG EVEN DAYO, actually anyone with an opinion or who feels strongly enough to meet and discuss things, I would much rather sit and talk rather than spend hours posting and repeating myself on here to faceless anonymous posters.

I haven't spoken To anyone else about this idea yet, as I said It came to me last night and some I have mentioned may not be up for it, as I say, it's just an idea and if it helps, let's get it on.

None of us can answer for VT or the club, all we can do is give our opinions and answers to questions that may involve us and our views and actions. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Its a bold move and one that probably is needed but you know as much as me that many hide behind their MB names and wont want to reveal themselves, Id rather ask questions face to face than hide behind the pc.

That is one of my pet hates Richard. It is ironic that keyboard warriors can get away with sounding soo brave when they are nothing but ammoniums wankers.

Everytime their bluff is called they go missing.

Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:17 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
RichardBluebird wrote:

That is one of my pet hates Richard. It is ironic that keyboard warriors can get away with sounding soo brave when they are nothing but ammoniums wankers.

Everytime their bluff is called they go missing.

I suppose it makes them feel good and brave, bless them.

Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:23 am

TheLad wrote:lol no chance will this be carried out properly

Well change it then, let me know if your up for it, you can chair the meeting, serious. You have the mike and you control the meeting, at least try and do something about it.

Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:25 am

Gwyn I think that this is a good idea. We all know that there is a red and blue camp and we have become somewhat entrenched in our opinions. I personally do not think that the meeting should be used to change one side or the others opinion as I do not think that this is possible as after all, everything has already been said on the subject and there is little value in raking it all up again.
There may be an opportunity however to ulilise the meeting to agree on some sort of compromise which we can all loosely support.
I would suggest that one of the agenda items should be to identify where there is common ground as a starter.I then think it would be useful if the issues were clearly identified such as identifying if the opposition is down to the colour of our kit, having a large dragon on the badge at the expence of the bluebird, lack of consultation, concern about how far the rebranding will go or any other concerns.
At least there is a chance that this could turn out to be the start of both sides moving forward which is better than what we have at present. :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:27 am

I'm game, is it Quennsbury rules or dose anything go? :D
I Will be fighting out of the BLUE corner! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:31 am

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:In all seriousness Gwyn, with the way you ridiculed and belittled certain sections of our fanbase over the past few weeks, I really don't think it is your place to be prominent in this kind of event. Somebody much more measured would need to be behind it. As you can see in this thread, you have burnt too many bridges, hurt too many people, rubbed salt in wounds, etc, for you to be seen to be involved in this. It would all descend into a slagging match.

Here's your chance then, and the only people i belittle are the name calling mud slingers who can't debate things as grown ups, anyone who asks me a serious question will get a serious answer to the best of my ability, trouble is, when you give some people a serious answer they don't want to hear, then sit descends into name calling and lies.

I don't want to be the front man for this, quite happy to take a very back back seat, will even stay in the house if it helps move things forward.

As for bridges I've burnt,I think most fair minded people will make their own minds up and see through all the lies and crap, the pm's and messages I'v had would certainly back that up.
If the bridges you refer to are yours, Dayo's and Adam Brown then burn away, do you think their views are treated with any validity or respect. ;)

Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:36 am

Was there not a meeting of the exact same nature arranged several weeks ago in the Municipal Club in Cardiff, which had to be cancelled seemingly because some "tuff guyz' weren't happy about people against the rebranding. Surely this would be a risk again, with the dangerous men on the prowl?

Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:47 am

So out of the blue side we got me and the rest are either avoiding it or claming its pointless so me vs red then what a great contructive meeting that will be its good to see them standing up and wanting the say there bit when clearly when an decent idea is said like gywn is trying to put forward nobody wants to know from the blue camp cheers chaps. Nice to know who the talkers are and the ones who would talk man to man with everyone else if this did happen. This sums this message board up for me full of bullshiters who claimed the red side including myself had no spines well wheres the blue spines now :oops: :roll:
Last edited by Bluebird1977 on Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:49 am

If it is carried out in a respectful manner, it could only be a good thing.
If only to help reunite/galvanize some members of the fan base.

Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:53 am

Cefnfforestbluebird wrote:Cant see this working, the cast has been set and we fall into what we believe in. The Reds have what they want and are happy for the club to re branded , play in red shirts and wherever this takes them probably red seats throughout the ground within 2 years etc, Some of us in the opposite camp and staying loyal to Cardiff City in Blue etc. The Malaysians wont do anything else other than press ahead now it is what it is. Roll on the protest and at least show the owners not all of us are being rolled over with the lure of money and success.

Yes in this case it looks like it has been done, and if you think a protest is the best answer then push on, but wouldn't it make sense to at least discuss things in an open meeting, might get even more support for your protest if you outline your aims and what you hope to achieve. I'll even join it if you can convince me of the benefits of protesting, it wont be the first one I've joined.

Seriously, come to a meeting, tell people what you hope to gain by protest, this is not meaning to belittle you, just rather people take some sort of action to achieve positive results rather than all of us sit on computers moaning and slating each other for having different views.

Perhaps talking not typing is the new way forward for communication, could be quite trend setting. ;)

Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:54 am

Whilst I admire the fact that you Annis and Carl are well known (even national now) and don't hide behind avatars or username, I fail to see the purpose of the meeting.

There are four (5 or even 8 in other models) anticipated reactions to change.
State Reaction
1. Status Quo - Shock denial
2. Disruption - Anger fear
3. Exploration - Acceptance
4. Rebuilding - Commitment

Why give some fans who are in stage 1 or 2 false hope, we need the club to lead and at least show why this is beneficial by publicly clearing the debts and supplying the manager with an improved squad.

Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:58 am

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:Was there not a meeting of the exact same nature arranged several weeks ago in the Municipal Club in Cardiff, which had to be cancelled seemingly because some "tuff guyz' weren't happy about people against the rebranding. Surely this would be a risk again, with the dangerous men on the prowl?

No I think that was a meeting called to arrange a protest, this is one to bring both sides of the debate together to discuss things and try to find a positive solution and common ground.

Lot's of people are saying about divide and conquer, looks like they are correct, perhaps better to air and discuss views like adults and get a more united front to be ready for future events should they happen.

This could well be the chance for the TRUST to get some serious support, or even let the Supporters club take up the mantle, who knows, I'm just chucking ideas out there. :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:03 pm

llan bluebird wrote:Whilst I admire the fact that you Annis and Carl are well known (even national now) and don't hide behind avatars or username, I fail to see the purpose of the meeting.

There are four (5 or even 8 in other models) anticipated reactions to change.
State Reaction
1. Status Quo - Shock denial
2. Disruption - Anger fear
3. Exploration - Acceptance
4. Rebuilding - Commitment

Why give some fans who are in stage 1 or 2 false hope, we need the club to lead and at least show why this is beneficial by publicly clearing the debts and supplying the manager with an improved squad.

There's no one hoping it proves to be beneficial more than me, and let's hope none of us need worry about things like some of the scaremnogering from both sides i add comes true.
But if the promises aren't forthcoming, isn't a best to have plans in readiness rather than mad panic after the event as is happening now.
And this is a genuine point not a dig or cheap shot. :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:04 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:So out of the blue side we got me and the rest are either avoiding it or claming its pointless so me vs red then what a great contructive meeting that will be its good to see them standing up and wanting the say there bit when clearly when an decent idea is said like gywn is trying to put forward nobody wants to know from the blue camp cheers chaps. Nice to know who the talkers are and the ones who would talk man to man with everyone else if this did happen. This sums this message board up for me full of bullshiters who claimed the red side including myself had no spines well wheres the blue spines now :oops: :roll:

I said i'll go

Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:10 pm

I'll attend if it's on a weekend, although I can see a lot of people who will try and force their viewpoint onto others, with no intention of listening to other people's! :ayatollah: