Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

A POSITIVE SUGGESTION,THOUGHTS PLEASE

Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:28 am

Thought about this last night, what about setting up a meeting at some club or venue, everyone can air their views and possibly something positive can come of it.

Now this wont be about protesting or supporting, it will be about discussion and clearing the air so to speak.

IDEAS AND THOUGHTS PLEASE

Don't think we should invite club staff initially, wouldn't be fair on them in my opinion.

I just think it would be good for fans off this board and possibly any board for that matter to have a good bang out and get some things off their chests.

Don't know who would be up for it and who would be prepared to answer certain questions, but if people want to ask me, ANNIS, CARL, VINCE ALM, TLG EVEN DAYO, actually anyone with an opinion or who feels strongly enough to meet and discuss things, I would much rather sit and talk rather than spend hours posting and repeating myself on here to faceless anonymous posters.

I haven't spoken To anyone else about this idea yet, as I said It came to me last night and some I have mentioned may not be up for it, as I say, it's just an idea and if it helps, let's get it on.

None of us can answer for VT or the club, all we can do is give our opinions and answers to questions that may involve us and our views and actions. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: A POSITIVE SUGGESTION,THOUGHTS PLEASE

Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:31 am

What a meeting for you to spout off more of your pro-red propaganda..? No thanks!!!

Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:33 am

Think it's a good idea but I think once the key points are made then VT has to attend another meeting and someone then air those views, that have arisen from your initial meeting.
I'm sure he has a bloody good idea what our thoughts are but as Sam did in the old days, attend a meeting with the fans to understand fully what the fans are thinking and to take away their thoughts.
And also for him to explain in a bit more detail the changes,
We have all read the statement from him and TG but different environment for him as a meeting, he will have to listen

:ayatollah:

Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:35 am

Angry Man wrote:What a meeting for you to spout off more of your pro-red propaganda..? No thanks!!!

did you not read the thread, everybody can have their say red or blue

Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:37 am

BigGwynram wrote:Thought about this last night, what about setting up a meeting at some club or venue, everyone can air their views and possibly something positive can come of it.

Now this wont be about protesting or supporting, it will be about discussion and clearing the air so to speak.

Don't think we should invite club staff initially, wouldn't be fair on them in my opinion.

I just think it would be good for fans off this board and possibly any board for that matter to have a good bang out and get some things off their chests.

Don't know who would be up for it and who would be prepared to answer certain questions, but if people want to ask me, ANNIS, CARL, VINCE ALM, TLG EVEN DAYO, actually anyone with an opinion or who feels strongly enough to meet and discuss things, I would much rather sit and talk rather than spend hours posting and repeating myself on here to faceless anonymous posters.

I haven't spoken To anyone else about this idea yet, as I said It came to me last night and some I have mentioned may not be up for it, as I say, it's just an idea and if it helps, let's get it on.

None of us can answer for VT or the club, all we can do is give our opinions and answers to questions that may involve us and our views and actions. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

maybe this is what has offended many,is the fact all this has been done with no communication with us the ordinary fan...those that did go to meetings(and they never seemed to represent me)have had a discussion,gwyn it will end in tears :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:41 am

Im in. Will there be a buffett and free beer?

Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:44 am

Im game for that :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:45 am

LutonBluebird wrote:Think it's a good idea but I think once the key points are made then VT has to attend another meeting and someone then air those views, that have arisen from your initial meeting.
I'm sure he has a bloody good idea what our thoughts are but as Sam did in the old days, attend a meeting with the fans to understand fully what the fans are thinking and to take away their thoughts.
We have all read the statement from him and TG but different environment for him as a meeting, he will have to listen

Don't hold your breath mate, can never see VT turning up to any sort of meeting like this or any other to be honest,would love to see it, but this ain't a Sam Hammam or peter Ridsale we are dealing with, not trying to be clever, just saying how I see it. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:45 am

Monkey and teaparty springs to mind.

Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:46 am

Angry Man wrote:What a meeting for you to spout off more of your pro-red propaganda..? No thanks!!!

Read the post,you come and give the pro blue view then, this is your chance.

Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:55 am

BigGwynram wrote:

I'm sorry but shouldn't an open debate involving all the supporters had been put in place BEFORE any decision made rather than weeks afterwards...?

Also this was leaked weeks before the decision was finally made and the photoshot was done long before then so to me thats further proof that they don't give a shit about the fans.

Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:57 am

Angry Man wrote:
BigGwynram wrote:

I'm sorry but shouldn't an open debate involving all the supporters had been put in place BEFORE any decision made rather than weeks afterwards...?

Also this was leaked weeks before the decision was finally made and the photoshot was done long before then so to me thats further proof that they don't give a shit about the fans.

I dont think its about back then adam and i know they couldnt give a shit about us as fans, its about now as fans how we get around eachothers im blue im red, i for one will be there asking away a few questions if it goes ahead, its not going to be a war zone after all we all had this rebrand dropped on us as fans and could of done nothing about whats going on now really with the club :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:59 am

It is a positive suggestion Gwyn, but I think that this is one of those very rare times when the views are so polarised that it could just be an opportunity for more hatred and vitriol being aired and a field day for the press and any anti CCFC factions that fancy joining the mayhem.

Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:00 am

BigGwynram wrote:Thought about this last night, what about setting up a meeting at some club or venue, everyone can air their views and possibly something positive can come of it.

maybe this is what has offended many,is the fact all this has been done with no communication with us the ordinary fan...those that did go to meetings(and they never seemed to represent me)have had a discussion,gwyn it will end in tears :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:01 am

I think It'll be a good Idea :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:01 am

bluebird1977 wrote:
Angry Man wrote:
BigGwynram wrote:

I dont think its about back then adam and i know they couldnt give a shit about us as fans, its about now as fans how we get around eachothers im blue im red, i for one will be there asking away a few questions if it goes ahead, its not going to be a war zone after all we all had this rebrand dropped on us as fans and could of done nothing about whats going on now really with the club :ayatollah:

everyone knows each others stance on the subject so whats the point..? I bet a very small percentage of people would change their mind on the subject even after a meeting because everythings been said

Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:03 am

BigGwynram wrote:
LutonBluebird wrote:Think it's a good idea but I think once the key points are made then VT has to attend another meeting and someone then air those views, that have arisen from your initial meeting.

Don't hold your breath mate, can never see VT turning up to any sort of meeting like this or any other to be honest,would love to see it, but this ain't a Sam Hammam or peter Ridsale we are dealing with, not trying to be clever, just saying how I see it. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Your probably right mate,
You know him and what he's like far batter than I do.
Just think it would really make a difference if he did. :ayatollah:
Fans would be appreciate it more. :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:05 am

Angry Man wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:
Angry Man wrote:
BigGwynram wrote:

everyone knows each others stance on the subject so whats the point..? I bet a very small percentage of people would change their mind on the subject even after a meeting because everythings been said

Its not about changing peoples minds i dont think you get this, im starting to think all you can see is red and thats it, your forgetting its also about people on the message boards the names spoken about in gwyns OP which have all been slated over the weeks because there in the spotlight online/media there willing to meet the fans if they got something to say say it to them not behind a pc like gwyn said , so again i will be there putting my point across and listening to others thats what its about :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:09 am

krabb wrote:

Well her's your chance, mind you it don't mean we get any communication with VT, none of us have had that yet, and I don't think we will either to be honest.

Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:15 am

Gwyn my thoughts are, why don't people just accept what is going on at the club, I believe it is a small price to pay for the stability of our club,untill a money person is prepared to do what the Malasians are doing, I think we should go along for the ride and see where it takes us.

Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:16 am

Not for it to descend into farce You will need an agenda. You will need speakers on key topics.
You will need some kind of voting or action plan.

There are people who will be extreme or have their own agenda - these can't hijack or nothing would be achieved

Could end up in a bun fight if not set out properly.

Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:18 am

Angry Man wrote:
BigGwynram wrote:

Yes, for once I agree , but it wasn't and we can't change that, all we can do as fans is deal with what we now have, it came us a shock to all of us, even when we first heard it on the way home from West Ham, most of us still thought it was bullshit.

What photoshot are you on about, seriously don't know, and yes agree with you again to a point, I'm sure TG is a bit more in touch with the FAN and their feelings, but I really don't think VT sees it the same and to him it's a business, saying that, I don't think the adulation he had on the pitch did us any harm and may have drawn him in a bit deeper, but surely that's no bad thing, but I din't think Vt is the type to meet and greet and sicuss things with us fans.

So come to the meeting and discuss what we can do about it, throw some suggestions on the table, I've got far more questions than answers spinning around in my head. :ayatollah:

Adam, truth be told, you are seen by most as negative to most things Cardiff, more a destroyer than builder, this is your chance to prove us wrong and debate properly your views and ideas. :!:

Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:19 am

LLangynwyd Blue wrote:Gwyn my thoughts are, why don't people just accept what is going on at the club, I believe it is a small price to pay for the stability of our club,untill a money person is prepared to do what the Malasians are doing, I think we should go along for the ride and see where it takes us.

Good point, and one that should be brought up in a meeting and see what others think about it. :idea:

Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:22 am

eddiep wrote:Not for it to descend into farce You will need an agenda. You will need speakers on key topics.
You will need some kind of voting or action plan.

There are people who will be extreme or have their own agenda - these can't hijack or nothing would be achieved

Could end up in a bun fight if not set out properly.

Totally agree, and it will need a high level of control and perhaps we should dish out valium on the door to calm us all down, put it may give us some direction, don't think for sa second we are all going to walk out of there agreeing with everything, or many changing their minds, but at least we be trying to do something. :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:23 am

jama wrote:Im in. Will there be a buffett and free beer?

I'll se how much is left over from my last brown envelope. :lol: :lol:

Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:26 am

Angry Man wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:
Angry Man wrote:
BigGwynram wrote:

Stop being so negative and defeatist for f**k sake, no wonder you gave up as a politician, can't believe a politician who doesn't want to debate his views in public. :roll:

Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:30 am

LutonBluebird wrote:
BigGwynram wrote:

Your probably right mate,
You know him and what he's like far batter than I do.
Just think it would really make a difference if he did. :ayatollah:
Fans would be appreciate it more. :ayatollah:

Your wrong mate, I don't know him, never even met him or been in the same building as him, other than the stadium obviously, and too be honest I think it's better that I never do get closer to him or that will be seen as wrong. That's not my aim, my aim is to get what i think is best for our club, and warts and all, it would appear that VT is not only the best option at the moment, but he's the only option. :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:08 am

People are falling over eachother to get in here i see gwyn :roll: , its funny ive seen them all talk and talk on here for weeks yet something contructive like this could be set up everyone would get things talked about the way it should be yet where are they now. All i've seen so far is whats the point, whys, ifs, buts, but aint that what this meeting is about come on split arses have your say from both sides of the fence :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:17 am

Great idea perhaps we can get some sensible ideas from both sides of the argument and maybe some compromise might be agreed on that could be put forward to the Club.

Much better than all the name calling and petty squabbles on both boards recently but i will bring my crash helmet just in case :D :old:

Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:21 am

Your just a horrible b*stard, give it a rest.