Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: why did sam allegedely want the malaysians

Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:14 pm

Bluebird64 wrote:
RichardBluebird wrote:
BigGwynram wrote:
krabb wrote:to be backed.....was it for his payment?...or am i missing something :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Annis can baxk this up with truth now that his head is clear 8-)

On the Tuesday when the news broke and a meeting was called, we were all gob smacked, none of us there club staff included wanted the changes, but the options or lack of them were made fairly clear.
My opinion from the start and Annis and Carl will back this up, and even others who were there and are hardly friendly to me or my viewpoint will admit the true situation.

From the very start of being made aware my major concern was that we get the investment and not drive VT away with negative actions, most others present, but not all were dead against it and didn't care if he went and took his money with him basically.

The next meeting was called two days later, we were expecting good news to be honest and thought VT had backed down but was still going to invest, how wrong were we.

When we were read the statement, I'll be honest I did lose it a bit, I thought we as fans had fucked up and driven Vt and the investment away, hearing things like we are sorry for the upset, we wont enforce the change, but we wont be going ahead with our original plan to invest, they did go on to say they would try and help the club seek investment from other investors and possibly look to others to buy the club, now to me and a few others that was as good as saying. OK we offered, you refused we are out of here, but we will try and get some of our investment back and look to get new investors in, (yeh OK bet there's loads waiting)

Now at this time even Annis who was totally against blue started to mellow and said he didn't want to harm the club and he didn't think it would get to this and if it meant saving the club he would reluctantly accept red, all true ask Carl and I'm sure Annis will even back it up.

The rest you know about, press goes mad and it everywhere, Sam H rings me next day, don't know if he rang Annis or Carl first but again they can back up what he said.

Now this isn't betraying a confidence because it wasn't told as such, Sam's words more or less to me are " Gwyn what is wrong with the fans are they mad, why are they protesting now, why not wait until he's invested and tied himself into the club, if they want to protest, get his money first, buy the players you need, build the training ground expand the stadium and then protest" I did say that was my original view anyway so he didn't have to convince me or ask me to do anything on his behalf, the world had seen my reaction for themselves.

These are my views and whilst some may not agree with them I can assure you I haven't taken these views to please anyone other than myself.

Does anyone who really knows me, think for a second I would change my opinion to something that could harm the club for a bribe or a back hander, I will be upset if people that know me take that view, the others can do what they want to.
It's ironic that Sam would want the same thing as many people on the club board as most of us see these as is adversary's such as Alan Whiteley, Steve Borley and Michael Isaac, they were all singing off the same hymn sheet, why wouldn't we want the 100 million pounds on offer, if someone wants to give me a back hander for having the same view, then by all means send it over, i'll put it in the Scotts Young Guns charity.

Back to Sam, of course he would love VT to invest, coz he got more chance of any return with a billionaire owning the club, but as I said to Sam, there is no way VT will turn his investment into full equity whilst the Langston thing is ongoing, because if he did, then SAM would be straight in demanding the money owed in full and he finally would have someone who actually owned the club and who would have to take responsibility for it.

Surely this is the reason VT has never taken control of more than 50% of the shares up till this moment, lot's of us wondered why, but most of us can see why now.

How do they resolve it, ain't got a clue, they offer they adjust they negotiate but it just goes on and on, however it does look as if we are getting the investment regardless, but it wont be turned into equity until it's settled.

So as I see it in my simple view, the more VT invests, the deeper in that he is and the more chance we got of getting him to take on board our views, if however whilst this is going on, and the new re branding proves successful money wise, then perhaps we will have to say fair play VT your vision was right and we have to accept that.
Until that moment, why risk upsetting him and causing major friction, the risks are to high in my opinion.

I can totally respect & accept that, thank you Gwyn.

What even this bit? : "Gwyn what is wrong with the fans are they mad, why are they protesting now, why not wait until he's invested and tied himself into the club, if they want to protest, get his money first, buy the players you need, build the training ground expand the stadium and then protest" I did say that was my original view anyway .

I said that I can respect & accept the post, I should have been more clear. Im still 100% anti red but what can you do....?

Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:18 pm

Gwyn,
Yes I did start to mellow for no more than 10 minutes as I was blackmailed in to believing I had no club no more, but u ask Carl within 5 minutes of me leaving the stadium I rang Carl and stated we've been blackmailed and I will continue want Blue and to keep our badge, yes I would like to compromise, but a fair compromise please. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:27 pm

RichardBluebird wrote:
Bluebird64 wrote:
RichardBluebird wrote:
BigGwynram wrote:
krabb wrote:to be backed.....was it for his payment?...or am i missing something :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

On the Tuesday when the news broke and a meeting was called, we were all gob smacked, none of us there club staff included wanted the changes, but the options or lack of them were made fairly clear.
My opinion from the start and Annis and Carl will back this up, and even others who were there and are hardly friendly to me or my viewpoint will admit the true situation.

From the very start of being made aware my major concern was that we get the investment and not drive VT away with negative actions, most others present, but not all were dead against it and didn't care if he went and took his money with him basically.

The next meeting was called two days later, we were expecting good news to be honest and thought VT had backed down but was still going to invest, how wrong were we.

When we were read the statement, I'll be honest I did lose it a bit, I thought we as fans had fucked up and driven Vt and the investment away, hearing things like we are sorry for the upset, we wont enforce the change, but we wont be going ahead with our original plan to invest, they did go on to say they would try and help the club seek investment from other investors and possibly look to others to buy the club, now to me and a few others that was as good as saying. OK we offered, you refused we are out of here, but we will try and get some of our investment back and look to get new investors in, (yeh OK bet there's loads waiting)

Now at this time even Annis who was totally against blue started to mellow and said he didn't want to harm the club and he didn't think it would get to this and if it meant saving the club he would reluctantly accept red, all true ask Carl and I'm sure Annis will even back it up.

The rest you know about, press goes mad and it everywhere, Sam H rings me next day, don't know if he rang Annis or Carl first but again they can back up what he said.

Now this isn't betraying a confidence because it wasn't told as such, Sam's words more or less to me are " Gwyn what is wrong with the fans are they mad, why are they protesting now, why not wait until he's invested and tied himself into the club, if they want to protest, get his money first, buy the players you need, build the training ground expand the stadium and then protest" I did say that was my original view anyway so he didn't have to convince me or ask me to do anything on his behalf, the world had seen my reaction for themselves.

These are my views and whilst some may not agree with them I can assure you I haven't taken these views to please anyone other than myself.

Does anyone who really knows me, think for a second I would change my opinion to something that could harm the club for a bribe or a back hander, I will be upset if people that know me take that view, the others can do what they want to.
It's ironic that Sam would want the same thing as many people on the club board as most of us see these as is adversary's such as Alan Whiteley, Steve Borley and Michael Isaac, they were all singing off the same hymn sheet, why wouldn't we want the 100 million pounds on offer, if someone wants to give me a back hander for having the same view, then by all means send it over, i'll put it in the Scotts Young Guns charity.

Back to Sam, of course he would love VT to invest, coz he got more chance of any return with a billionaire owning the club, but as I said to Sam, there is no way VT will turn his investment into full equity whilst the Langston thing is ongoing, because if he did, then SAM would be straight in demanding the money owed in full and he finally would have someone who actually owned the club and who would have to take responsibility for it.

Surely this is the reason VT has never taken control of more than 50% of the shares up till this moment, lot's of us wondered why, but most of us can see why now.

How do they resolve it, ain't got a clue, they offer they adjust they negotiate but it just goes on and on, however it does look as if we are getting the investment regardless, but it wont be turned into equity until it's settled.

So as I see it in my simple view, the more VT invests, the deeper in that he is and the more chance we got of getting him to take on board our views, if however whilst this is going on, and the new re branding proves successful money wise, then perhaps we will have to say fair play VT your vision was right and we have to accept that.
Until that moment, why risk upsetting him and causing major friction, the risks are to high in my opinion.

What even this bit? : "Gwyn what is wrong with the fans are they mad, why are they protesting now, why not wait until he's invested and tied himself into the club, if they want to protest, get his money first, buy the players you need, build the training ground expand the stadium and then protest" I did say that was my original view anyway .

I said that I can respect & accept the post, I should have been more clear. Im still 100% anti red but what can you do....?

So you actually respect the bit that I highlighted?

Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:29 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Gwyn,
Yes I did start to mellow for no more than 10 minutes as I was blackmailed in to believing I had no club no more, but u ask Carl within 5 minutes of me leaving the stadium I rang Carl and stated we've been blackmailed and I will continue want Blue and to keep our badge, yes I would like to compromise, but a fair compromise please. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

what is a fair compromise as VT seems to be holding all the cards, after he played all us fans perfectly at the start of this :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:31 pm

Annis we have all been blackmailed into believing we had no club anymore and therefore no choice.I still think that there is a chance, if we are organised that we can still revisit the rebranding. It has to be better than waiting till VT commits then trying to protest. :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:31 pm

Pontyclun Blue wrote:

what is a fair compromise as VT seems to be holding all the cards, after he played all us fans perfectly

If say the badge was totally left alone with our Bluebird etc on it, Blue away and Red at home(not happy), but its better than being stripped of Badge and colour.That Dragon is pathetic, Deep down I want the Blue to stay, but that badge is horrendous.

Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:35 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Pontyclun Blue wrote:

what is a fair compromise as VT seems to be holding all the cards, after he played all us fans perfectly

If say the badge was totally left alone with our Bluebird etc on it, Blue away and Red at home(not happy), but its better than being stripped of Badge and colour.That Dragon is pathetic, Deep down I want the Blue to stay, but that badge is horrendous.

At a push I think a few of us blues would reluctantly live with this compromise. But not as it stands :ayatollah:
Last edited by Bluebird64 on Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:35 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Pontyclun Blue wrote:

I think most fans would take that, might not be happy with it but it gives us something to hold on to :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:37 pm

Pontyclun Blue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Pontyclun Blue wrote:

I think most fans would take that, might not be happy with it but it gives us something to hold on to :ayatollah:

Agreed they have to give us something. :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:40 pm

Bluebird64 wrote:
Pontyclun Blue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Pontyclun Blue wrote:

Agreed they have to give us something. :ayatollah:

I think keeping the badge would win a fair few over but also give concrete assurances that what they have stated will happen will actually happen and that no further changes to the badge will be made without full consultation with the supporters.

As it stands at the moment we could accept a rebrand and they could go back on every promise that has been made and the club would be in no better a position except we have pissed a lot of supporters off and have a red kit and a shite badge.

Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:40 pm

Bluebird64 wrote:
RichardBluebird wrote:
Bluebird64 wrote:
RichardBluebird wrote:
BigGwynram wrote:

So you actually respect the bit that I highlighted?

Does it matter what I say as your going to put your own spin on my reply, I just stated I can accept & respect Gwyns response. It dont mean I have to agree with it, thats the difference see in respecting others opinions.

Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:42 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Pontyclun Blue wrote:

I would reluctantly go with that

Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:46 pm

RichardBluebird wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Pontyclun Blue wrote:

I would reluctantly go with that

Same here and I really hope they meet us half way, but at the moment they wont even listen to a word we say. :cry:

Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:47 pm

Bluebird64 wrote:

Annis we have all been blackmailed into believing we had no club anymore and therefore no choice.I still think that there is a chance, if we are organised that we can still revisit the rebranding. It has to be better than waiting till VT commits then trying to protest. :ayatollah:

I will never give up our beliefs :ayatollah: