Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

FRED KEENOR BOOK

Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:41 pm

I took this book on holiday with me and if nobody as ever read it then please do! ... I really can't wait to pay my respects at this new statue! ..... If I had my way I'd fill the car park up with statues of those 1920s players, especially len davies, tom farquahson, hughie ferguson, ernie curtis, fred stewart and of course bart wilson! ... True cardiff heros everyone of them!

Re: FRED KEENOR BOOK

Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:14 pm

:ayatollah:

Any news on when the statue will be put up?

I think VT is paying the remainder of the amount we need himself :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:20 pm

Die Walkure wrote::ayatollah:

Do you think it will be in time for the new season? Hope so!! Plenty of photos will be had round there first home game!!!!

:ayatollah:

Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:25 pm

Die Walkure wrote::ayatollah:

I have read it will be erected in about september! ... The book is brilliant! ... So sad how he lost his 2 sons in world war 2 and his wife died due to a gas leak! .... Fred keenor deserves this statue so much!

Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:25 pm

AHERNE wrote:I took this book on holiday with me and if nobody as ever read it then please do! ... I really can't wait to pay my respects at this new statue! ..... If I had my way I'd fill the car park up with statues of those 1920s players, especially len davies, tom farquahson, hughie ferguson, ernie curtis, fred stewart and of course bart wilson! ... True cardiff heros everyone of them!

I actually wrote the Keenor book. Glad you enjoyed it. Such an incredible man and I cant wait to see his statue grace our stadium.

If you're interested my latest book was released last week, the definitive biography of Manchester United's Duncan Edwards. Below is the Amazon link and a review by Mile 'Porky' Parry. :ayatollah:

http://www.bodugi.com/weblog/96/

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/0857 ... d_i=468294