Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

The sale of merchandise

Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:19 pm

Whilst we are on the topic of the sale of are merchandise, does anyone know why local independent sports shops are not allowed to sell cardiff tops etc, I've always thought its unfair on those family's that can never go down the city to get there kids a top, a few times over the years I've picked up tops in the club shop for friends for there kids for Christmas birthday etc, surely we would sell a lot more if local shops could sell them, really think this is something the Malaysians must look at I sure more tops would be sold

Re: The sale of merchandise

Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:26 pm

natman wrote:Whilst we are on the topic of the sale of are merchandise, does anyone know why local independent sports shops are not allowed to sell cardiff tops etc, I've always thought its unfair on those family's that can never go down the city to get there kids a top, a few times over the years I've picked up tops in the club shop for friends for there kids for Christmas birthday etc, surely we would sell a lot more if local shops could sell them, really think this is something the Malaysians must look at I sure more tops would be sold

they used to in the sports shop in treorchy about 4 years ago (probably longer, shit memory :lol: ) before it closed down!... always wondered why you never see them sell them anymore!

Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:33 pm

natman wrote:Whilst we are on the topic of the sale of are merchandise, does anyone know why local independent sports shops are not allowed to sell cardiff tops etc, I've always thought its unfair on those family's that can never go down the city to get there kids a top, a few times over the years I've picked up tops in the club shop for friends for there kids for Christmas birthday etc, surely we would sell a lot more if local shops could sell them, really think this is something the Malaysians must look at I sure more tops would be sold

they are sold in a couple of shops in cardiff,corner of caroline street and sport shop in crwys rd, :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:39 pm

used to sell them up mel morgans in ebbw vale, got my blue 2008 season top from there, but now i never seen them all egg chasing tops and liverpool and mancs

Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:44 pm

citybluechris wrote:used to sell them up mel morgans in ebbw vale, got my blue 2008 season top from there, but now i never seen them all egg chasing tops and liverpool and mancs

I asked Morris up Mel Morgan's yesterday why he don't sell them, he told me the club will not let him as they want everyone to go to cardiff to buy

Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:45 pm

I rememeber start of the season there was a QA meeting with Malky etc in Maesteg, and this topic was raised. I cant remember who said it but its because they want to keep city fans going to the club shop :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:48 pm

BluebirdCarwyn wrote:I rememeber start of the season there was a QA meeting with Malky etc in Maesteg, and this topic was raised. I cant remember who said it but its because they want to keep city fans going to the club shop :ayatollah:

What a great way to promote the club then lucky your liverpools etc don't do that, also how are they going to break into the Asia market lol Long way to travel to pick up A top

Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:22 pm

This pisses me right off and I ask myself the same question every time I go to town (Cardiff). JJB, sports direct etc etc are all well stocked with liverpool, man u and chelsea tops and merchandise, but no bluebird stuff! Surely it makes marketing sense to sell in these shops, it would surely result in far more kit being sold

Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:31 pm

Bluebird_in_Barry wrote:

This pisses me right off and I ask myself the same question every time I go to town (Cardiff). JJB, sports direct etc etc are all well stocked with liverpool, man u and chelsea tops and merchandise, but no bluebird stuff! Surely it makes marketing sense to sell in these shops, it would surely result in far more kit being sold

Well you would like to think so, I can't get my head around it, if you are selling something you would want it in as many shops as possible, some clever tw*t down there as come up with the idea of only selling in the club shop