Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Wales, Scotland NI

Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:07 pm

Did we apply to host the euro after as competition to Turkey?

Re: Wales, Scotland NI

Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:13 pm

t was ROI, not NI.

I think we did, along with Georgia. If Turkey get the 2020 Olympics then they wont get the Euros, so theres a chance

Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:14 pm

CantonJack wrote:t was ROI, not NI.

I think we did, along with Georgia. If Turkey get the 2020 Olympics then they wont get the Euros, so theres a chance

Oh really, didn't realise that :ayatollah:

I know it was rumoured and we had to apply before midnight of the day I heard it but never seen anything else on it.

Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:36 pm

2blue2handle wrote:

I know it was rumoured and we had to apply before midnight of the day I heard it but never seen anything else on it.

believe bid of intention was all that was needed and that was put in by deadline wont hear fro awhile

Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:37 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

believe bid of intention was all that was needed and that was put in by deadline wont hear fro awhile

Ah I see, as long as its still on the cards :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:39 pm

I'd rather England had the WC than Olympics, it'd be unbelievable if we got this.

Final would prob be at the Millennium too.

Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:41 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

Ah I see, as long as its still on the cards :ayatollah:

dont quote me but that was last heared, next stage is to submit detailed plan before final descision made.

Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:45 pm

it's us turkey who as already stated cant have it if they get the olympics and its now a joint georgia azerbajan bid.

Turkey are favorites to get olympics and I cant see it being hosted by georgia and azerbajan so things are looking good for us celts ;)

Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:47 pm

TheLad wrote:Final would prob be at the Millennium too.

Which is why we will not get a bid together. UEFA will NEVER allow three nations to automatically qualify. Two nations sharign is about as far as it will go.

More specific to your statement, the scots would not supply most of the stadia and then see the final played elsewhere. Then again the Welsh FA will want more from this bid than we should expect.

Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:53 pm

Wayne S wrote:
TheLad wrote:Final would prob be at the Millennium too.

Which is why we will not get a bid together. UEFA will NEVER allow three nations to automatically qualify. Two nations sharign is about as far as it will go.

More specific to your statement, the scots would not supply most of the stadia and then see the final played elsewhere. Then again the Welsh FA will want more from this bid than we should expect.

also taurnament is being expanded so may need more stadiums not sure if there are enough between us

Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:57 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Wayne S wrote:

also taurnament is being expanded so may need more stadiums not sure if there are enough between us

Just found this. Do we have 10 stadia that big?

Joint bids by 2 member associations are permitted and, under exceptional circumstances, joint bids by 3 member associations may be considered.

2 stadiums with 50,000 seats
3 stadiums with 40,000 seats
4 stadiums with 30,000 seats

Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:01 pm

Ibrox
Hampden
Parkhead

Millennium
CCS
Maybe Liberty

Croke
Aviva
Lansdowne

Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:02 pm

Wayne S wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Wayne S wrote:

Joint bids by 2 member associations are permitted and, under exceptional circumstances, joint bids by 3 member associations may be considered.

Usually as part of the proposals stadiums will be increased. Certainly city would be increased to over 30k maybe the liberty as well.
So we'd have 3 of them I guess.

I remember seeing before they may develope the racecourse but seems unlikely to a 30k

Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:05 pm

TheLad wrote:Ibrox
Hampden
Parkhead

Millennium
CCS
Maybe Liberty

Croke
Aviva
Lansdowne

Thats 9 with two needing expansion. Lansdowne Road has gone.

Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:05 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
Wayne S wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Wayne S wrote:

Usually as part of the proposals stadiums will be increased. Certainly city would be increased to over 30k maybe the liberty as well.
So we'd have 3 of them I guess.

I remember seeing before they may develope the racecourse but seems unlikely to a 30k

dont think is enough like u said 3 in wales one in ireland 2 if include croke park scots 2 3if include murryfield i think?

Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:08 pm

Wayne S wrote:
Hampden
Parkhead

Millennium
CCS
Maybe Liberty

Croke
Aviva
Lansdowne

Murrayfield could also be used, Lansdowne Road has gone.

Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:08 pm

Wayne S wrote:
Hampden
Parkhead

Millennium
CCS
Maybe Liberty

Croke
Aviva
Lansdowne

I assumed it was still around but unused. Bear it mind it is 8 years away. I'm sure stadia could easily be readied

Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:14 pm

TheLad wrote:
Wayne S wrote:
Hampden
Parkhead

Millennium
CCS
Maybe Liberty

Croke
Aviva
Lansdowne

I assumed it was still around but unused. Bear it mind it is 8 years away. I'm sure stadia could easily be readied

I just think it would go better if we tried to host it with Scotland alone, at least it remains within the UK then, but 10 stadiums would be too much of a push then. We could not get a fourth so it would mean Scotland supplying 7. There is then no way they'd give us the final.

Aviva is on the site of Lansdowne.

Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:17 pm

we'l be half way towards living under water by then :shock: :shock:

Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:35 pm

All the plastics will be out for this one, won't go to see Wales play once in the next 8 years then pipe up for tickets during Wales's games. There will be too many foreigners in Cardiff too, If by some miracle I am still around i'l be booking a f*cking holiday.

:old: :old: :old:

Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:48 pm

Bluebird since 1948 wrote:All the plastics will be out for this one, won't go to see Wales play once in the next 8 years then pipe up for tickets during Wales's games. There will be too many foreigners in Cardiff too, If by some miracle I am still around i'l be booking a f*cking holiday.

God forbid their will be fans speaking Welsh, you won't like that will you

:D

Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:56 pm

ronnieconradsflatcap wrote:
Bluebird since 1948 wrote:All the plastics will be out for this one, won't go to see Wales play once in the next 8 years then pipe up for tickets during Wales's games. There will be too many foreigners in Cardiff too, If by some miracle I am still around i'l be booking a f*cking holiday.

People can speak Welsh all they want as long as they speak English to me. I understand Welsh I have just had the confidence pummeled out of me by the Welsh Nazis to speak it. :old:

Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:00 pm

Bluebird since 1948 wrote:
ronnieconradsflatcap wrote:

People can speak Welsh all they want as long as they speak English to me. I understand Welsh I have just had the confidence pummeled out of me by the Welsh Nazis to speak it. :old:

Iawn hen dyn

Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:05 pm

Wayne S wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Wayne S wrote:

2 stadiums with 50,000 seats - millenium stadium 74,000, croke park 80,000.
3 stadiums with 40,000 seats - celtic park 60,000, hampden park 50,000, ibrox 50,000.
4 stadiums with 30,000 seats - aviva stadium 50,000, cardiff city stadium 35,000 minimum with expansion maybe more, liberty 30,000 with expansion they are looking into it if they stay up again next season. That leaves just 1 more stadium they could build 1 especially for the championships or possibly use murryfield 60,000!

So maybe four stadiums in scotland, three in wales and two in ireland, final at the biggest- croke park, the two semis at mill stad and celtic park, four quarters to be at aviva, hampden, ibrox and new stadium or muarryfield, and a few group games at the ccs and liberty, this could work and i could at last see wales at a major tournement in my life time which i thought would never happen :lol:

Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:15 pm

Millennium 75,000
CCS 35,000 (expansion)
Liverty 30,000 (expansion)

Hampden Park 60,000
Celtic Park 60,000
Ibrox 51,000

Croke Park 82,000
Aviva Stadium 50,000
Ireland could have a new 35,000 purpose built stadium.

Final would most likely be in the Millennium because it's considered one of the best in the world and it's generally easier to get to than Croke Park. Plus it has a roof

Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:16 pm

Im sure I read somewhere that only one stadium can be used per host city, so its either the Millenium or the CCS ?

They would have to redevelop the Racecourse then?.

Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:18 pm

ronnieconradsflatcap wrote:Im sure I read somewhere that only one stadium can be used per host city, so its either the Millenium or the CCS ?

They would have to redevelop the Racecourse then?.

That rules out stadiums in Cardiff, Glasgow and Dublin then.

Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:20 pm

CantonJack wrote:Final would most likely be in the Millennium because it's considered one of the best in the world and it's generally easier to get to than Croke Park. Plus it has a roof

This is why I cannot see a plan being finalised. The Irish will say Croke is the biggest, we will say Millennium is the best and Scotland will say they are supplying the most stadia. so no decision on the final.

Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:22 pm

Wayne S wrote:
CantonJack wrote:Final would most likely be in the Millennium because it's considered one of the best in the world and it's generally easier to get to than Croke Park. Plus it has a roof

This is why I cannot see a plan being finalised. The Irish will say Croke is the biggest, we will say Millennium is the best and Scotland will say they are supplying the most stadia. so no decision on the final.

Play it in England then :lol:

Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:58 am

they'll find a way te get the stadiums they built 6 new ones/expanded for current euros and quatar 2022 are having 6 stadiums in one city :shock: doha. So I feel we have a really good chance of getting this one. ;)