Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Malky challenge

Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:00 pm

I guess that Malky does not read this board,so my challenge to him is purely rhetorical...........are you able Malky to not only bring in much needed quality but also to sign players that will quicken the pulse of our fans,players that can turn a game in a blink of an eye,or will you, Malky revert to type and make safety first signings,work horses if you will, players that will run around the pitch like headless chickens for 90 minuets,i hope with all my heart that its the former he goes for because i think it would give us fans a much needed boost to our moral and give the fans,red or blue, a real desire to enjoy watching their team play some exciting football,instead of the,almost robotic performances that Malky instilled in the team.......over to you Malky

Re: Malky challenge

Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:01 pm

u have a real thing for malky

Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:03 pm

angelis49 wrote:I guess that Malky does not read this board,so my challenge to him is purely rhetorical...........are you able Malky to not only bring in much needed quality but also to sign players that will quicken the pulse of our fans,players that can turn a game in a blink of an eye,or will you, Malky revert to type and make safety first signings,work horses if you will, players that will run around the pitch like headless chickens for 90 minuets,i hope with all my heart that its the former he goes for because i think it would give us fans a much needed boost to our moral and give the fans,red or blue, a real desire to enjoy watching their team play some exciting football,instead of the,almost robotic performances that Malky instilled in the team.......over to you Malky

He needs money for any player so blaming a manager who wants players here and there well money talks, the man needs the tools to work with same as anyone in a job or you get the wrong tools you get a shit job :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:16 pm

At least im consistent my dear CraigCCFC,which is more that can be said about a few on here...........i have made it crystal clear since Malky was appointed manager,that i dont rate him,and nothing that he has since done has made me change my mind,but being a fair minded person, if Malky proves me wrong i will be one of the first on here posting my sincere apology for getting it so wrong

Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:07 pm

angelis49 wrote:At least im consistent my dear CraigCCFC,which is more that can be said about a few on here...........i have made it crystal clear since Malky was appointed manager,that i dont rate him,and nothing that he has since done has made me change my mind,but being a fair minded person, if Malky proves me wrong i will be one of the first on here posting my sincere apology for getting it so wrong

Despite taking us to a cup final? :oops:

Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:33 pm

Did not Dave Jones do the same my dear CardiffLAD

Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:16 am

angelis49 wrote:Did not Dave Jones do the same my dear CardiffLAD

I must be mistaken... arent we talking about Malky?
Noone mentioned Jones in this topic
Or do you have sour grapes that our last beloved manager was sacked? :roll:

Considering the size of the squad Malky has had i think he's done more than a fantastic job- And is also the model pro :old:

Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:40 am

My only concern re Malky was his over reliance on Miller towards the end. We kept getting this nonsense about how there was no alternative, but there was. Mason was much much more dangerous in the last half of the season, and Earnie was disregarded completely unfairly when he was only allowed 15 minutes max and consequently did not get the chances.

I also didn't like the 4-5-1 tactic, as Miller was our only true tall target man, and he wasn't cutting it.

Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:35 am

Malky did well for his first season however I hope that he is able to bring in some quality players with a bit of flair. Last season we did not have a plan B and we played quite negative at times with a 4-5-1 formation even at home. City need to bring in a striker and some wide men who can do something special to unlock defences and win us matches. We were very predictable last season and for the second half many teams had worked us out.

Let's hope that Malky has his targets and the club supports him financially. With the re branding these are make or break times. Decent performances and a good season could could well help retain the fan base.

Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:23 am

I do not rate the guy at the moment, but im not going to slag him off because i think he could prove me wrong in this uncoming season if he makes the correct signings, he has real potential. REDBIRDS

Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:47 pm

My dear CardiffLAD.....i disliked Dave Jones because of his attitude towards the fans,so i was never a fan of the gentleman,but the way you worded your posting gave the impression that Malky was the only manager to take us to a cup final,saying that i am more than content to just focus on Malky and his shortcomings