Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Fernando Torres

Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:37 pm

I really don't like the way he's been treated lately. Every time he misses a chance it's followed by something like "He needs to finish those". Even Adrian Chiles said "We should give Torres a rest untill next time he misses a load more chances". To me this is very unprofessional.
I know being a £50m transfer there is a lot of expectation but he didn't ask for the price tag. It would also have helped him if he was treated like a human under AVB, he was always left out along with Lukaku

Re: Fernando Torres

Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:43 pm

I thought Spain looked a lot more dangerous when Torres came on, having more chances in 10-20 minutes than they had all game. He's not the player he once was, finishing wise, but he continues to find himself in excellent positions and no one can question the quality of his runs.

Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:45 pm

Just very very poor and has been for to long now.
Ancolotti messed up big time signing him and I felt sorry for AVB, RDM and any new manager who has to have a player like him who they can't get rid of without losing tens of millions but don't want in the team.

Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:46 pm

Ultimately as a striker he needs to score goals - but we know about that ;)

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :old:

Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:50 pm

He was terrible in front of goal today, strikers are there to score goals not pass or look pretty, their there to put the ball in the net.. Simple as.... He reminds me of someone who plays for us :lol:

Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:53 pm

Never been the same player since his injury. Needs to adapt his game like Shearer did.

Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:01 pm

blooobirds wrote:I thought Spain looked a lot more dangerous when Torres came on, having more chances in 10-20 minutes than they had all game. He's not the player he once was, finishing wise, but he continues to find himself in excellent positions and no one can question the quality of his runs.

I think it was just because they lacked a striker, Fabregas fails as a lone front man for me.
I'd have played llorent

Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:35 pm

spain didn't look like getting in behind the italian defence until torres came of the bench. Needs a chance when he doesn't have time to think about what to do with it. I'd start Torres for there next game.

Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:37 pm

He's lost it. Completely. A terrible career move orchestrated by Roman has had it's toll.

Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:38 pm

He did f**k all when he come on. Wasted 2 easy chances and gave the ball away every time he had it.

Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:38 pm

TheLad wrote:He's lost it. Completely. A terrible career move orchestrated by Roman has had it's toll.

A new lad :o

Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:40 pm

Heh, nah its me. A few bans merely delayed me.

Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:47 pm

Fantastic player

Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:48 pm

TheLad wrote:Heh, nah its me. A few bans merely delayed me.

Bans?!

Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:51 pm

OhhhGa wrote:

Bans?!

For being a tosser. You should get one too.

Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:52 pm

If torres had five shots at john lennon he'd still be alive today.

CP76 wrote:
OhhhGa wrote:

Bans?!

Pot, kettle, black?

Uhuh. IP and username ;)

Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:53 pm

TheLad wrote:Uhuh. IP and username ;)

There's no hurdle too high for the lad :lol:

jama wrote:If torres had five shots at john lennon he'd still be alive today.

:lol:

CP76 wrote:
OhhhGa wrote:

Bans?!

Well I've certainly cranked you pal. :lol:. Guess you don't like some talk outside your little bubble.

Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:55 pm

OhhhGa wrote:
TheLad wrote:Uhuh. IP and username ;)

There's no hurdle too high for the lad :lol:

I have a message for you my friend.Listen, baby

Ain't no mountain high
Ain't no vally low
Ain't no river wide enough, baby

Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:27 am

the best striker spain got is llorente and he did not get on that messes up my top goalscorer

Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:42 am

You've got to feel sorry for him as in many ways we can be reminded of our own Miller, suffering a lack of confidence to the point when a chance arrives its snatched at and ruined.

The difference with Torres, is he has scores in key games, and he's scored hat tricks, all while suffering this apparent intermittent lack of confidence. I would say a hat trick no matter what team it was against would restore your confidence in yourself, no?

Don't get me wrong, considering his potential I like him, his runs are world class and he opened up Italy's defence three times within 15 minutes, something that was never truly done excluding the goal beforehand. But his first chance, Buffon messed up and committed himself to saving left far too early. A striker supposedly on pars with players like Messi and Ronaldo should then be given an easy chip around the keepers right for a simple goal. What Torres did was
Panic and go for what he sees as his strength, his pace to dart around the keeper. But why did he go to the keepers left?

Either he has horrendous self confidence issues, or he's a horrible finisher.

Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:15 am

CantonJack wrote:I really don't like the way he's been treated lately. Every time he misses a chance it's followed by something like "He needs to finish those". Even Adrian Chiles said "We should give Torres a rest untill next time he misses a load more chances". To me this is very unprofessional.
I know being a £50m transfer there is a lot of expectation but he didn't ask for the price tag. It would also have helped him if he was treated like a human under AVB, he was always left out along with Lukaku

I agree with you mate - the media love to bash him because of his price tag. He was just starting to show a bit of form at the end of the season, but they never gave him any credit for that. I was glad he missed those chances yesterday as I wanted Italy to win the game, but he is still a top striker for the right club.

Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:53 pm

*cough cough* :D

Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:54 pm

yeah he scored against the weakest team in the tournament

woo hoo

Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:57 pm

TheLad wrote:yeah he scored against the weakest team in the tournament

woo hoo

Some say he's shite, that wasn't a finish of a shit striker

Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:13 pm

*Splutter splutter*

Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:28 pm

Ireland are abysmal. He has scored barely any goals in the last 2 years in big games. The new Ronaldo.