Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: NEW PLAYERS FOR THIS SEASON

Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:56 pm

Good for you Annis :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:30 pm

CalShepCCFC wrote:
bspark wrote:Club statement said Malky's budget would be prudent and viable so how does big signings fit with that statement?

they aint gunna go telling the world that 'heeey we got money name your price' are they!... if we said that we'd be paying obsurd fees for average players!

anyway news seems good, you been told any names then annis and fancy dropping the sly clue? ;) :ayatollah:

No but it's a bit different to there usual 'money available to mount a promotion challenge' line and either they are going to be prudent and viable or they are going to make big name signings. I don't see how they can manage both at the same time. To me prudent and viable means closer to balancing the books than previous years which were definitely not prudent or viable. So they are either majorly going to boost income to the club and sign big name players or they are going to make a bigger loss than previous seasons. Either way it doesn't add up and they were either lying in Wednesday's statement or lying to Annis.

Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:46 pm

ngriffiths wrote:
bspark wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
bspark wrote:Club statement said Malky's budget would be prudent and viable so how does big signings fit with that statement?

I can only tell u what I have been told.

And what TG said when I was there.

So more lies somewhere then?

They would say prudent and viable,they not going to come out and say how much they got,malkay is very happy with his budget,so thats good enough for me.

Spot on, they're hardly going to be shouting from the roof tops that we're f*cking loaded and ready to pay ANYTHING for players...

Imagine Tan " Come on you cunts, name your price...."

Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:52 pm

Forever Blue wrote:It will be very interesting as some one in our club keeps telling me TG through VT is saying we will have at least 6 big names and Malky will be fully backed for a top 2 spot.

But I remember the day the Riddler resigned at the shareholders meeting over 2 years ago and TG told us all we dont do play offs any more, Cardiff City next season will go up automatic.

Really looking forward to hearing our new signings. :ayatollah:

Extremely good news. Malky hasn't gone on his holidays yet, he must be flat out with his recruiting team.

Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:32 pm

Just imagine if they don`t sign anyone ! We have sold our identity for nothing ! We were promised players for the final push last season, no money spent just loan players ! No statement of intent as they keep saying, they have honourable intentions ! " Well show your hand ! treat us with respect and dignity that all the CITY fans deserve !!!

Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:40 pm

club44er wrote:Just imagine if they don`t sign anyone ! We have sold our identity for nothing ! We were promised players for the final push last season, no money spent just loan players ! No statement of intent as they keep saying, they have honourable intentions ! " Well show your hand ! treat us with respect and dignity that all the CITY fans deserve !!!

No one sold anything, it was goin to happen and I think more people were excited at the though of the debt potentialy being paid and debt being exchanged to equity.
They could hve turned us red with no promises.

Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:54 pm

Where have you been the last couple of weeks ? 100 million offer if we turn red ! Then they withdrew because of fan pressure ! Meetings with so called fan reps that don`really represent the true opinions of the rank and file of our fans and the dreaded red was back on the table ! This has been a shambles and handled badly, it has turned fan against fan and could have been dealt with a lot more professionalism ! We as fans are disunited in opinion and that can`t be any good for our club !