Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

NEW PLAYERS FOR THIS SEASON

Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:15 am

It will be very interesting as some one in our club keeps telling me TG through VT is saying we will have at least 6 big names and Malky will be fully backed for a top 2 spot.

But I remember the day the Riddler resigned at the shareholders meeting over 2 years ago and TG told us all we dont do play offs any more, Cardiff City next season will go up automatic.

Really looking forward to hearing our new signings. :ayatollah:

Re: NEW PLAYERS FOR THIS SEASON

Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:17 am

That almost sounds positive!!

R u ok this morning Annis :lol:

Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:18 am

It will be the most welcome change :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:19 am

Forever Blue wrote:It will be very interesting as some one in our club keeps telling me TG through VT is saying we will have at least 6 big names and Malky will be fully backed for a top 2 spot.

But I remember the day the Riddler resigned at the shareholders meeting over 2 years ago and TG told us all we dont do play offs any more, Cardiff City next season will go up automatic.

There will be big signings to push and promote the rebrand no doubt about that . Although as we know they won't really be playing for Cardiff City.

CraigCCFC wrote:That almost sounds positive!!

:lol:

Morning Craig, I am being told new players are very imminent, but I wont count my chickens yet. :lol:

Well done Annis , you sound almost positive , nearly excited there .. Keep it up fella

Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:20 am

Club statement said Malky's budget would be prudent and viable so how does big signings fit with that statement?

Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:20 am

Forever Blue wrote:It will be very interesting as some one in our club keeps telling me TG through VT is saying we will have at least 6 big names and Malky will be fully backed for a top 2 spot.

We really need some good news, it's been a bad couple of weeks, let's get some quality in :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:21 am

bspark wrote:Club statement said Malky's budget would be prudent and viable so how does big signings fit with that statement?

I can only tell u what I have been told.

And what TG said when I was there.

Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:24 am

Forever Blue wrote:
bspark wrote:Club statement said Malky's budget would be prudent and viable so how does big signings fit with that statement?

So more lies somewhere then?

Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:26 am

bspark wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

On this one, lets wait and see and hopefully we get these players. :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:33 am

bspark wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

They would say prudent and viable,they not going to come out and say how much they got,malkay is very happy with his budget,so thats good enough for me.

Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:35 am

Forever Blue wrote:

Morning Craig, I am being told new players are very imminent, but I wont count my chickens yet. :lol:

Agree, I'll believe it when i see the press conference with a new "big signing" sat with Malky, until then.......

Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:36 am

If this pans out, its excellent news :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:51 am

Yes!, some actual good news! :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:57 am

And he backed that by bringing in Bellamy, Koumas, Chopra, Olofinjana, Ramsey, JET etc. - even JLS :D . Think he held up his side of the bargain in fairness.

Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:58 am

LlwyncelynBlue wrote:

And he backed that by bringing in Bellamy, Koumas, Chopra, Olofinjana, Ramsey, JET etc. - even JLS :D . Think he held up his side of the bargain in fairness.

Mostly Loans, there is some quality there and some crap.

Ramsey was free to us, Arsenals idea.

Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:03 pm

We seem to be going for targets that are unlikely to want to come for us for a variety of reasons. Normally i'm pretty positive about transfers, but at the moment I can't be enthused. So here's hoping i'm wrong.

Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:03 pm

I read this and thought you were being ironic. I think deep down we all know theres no big names coming

Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:04 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Great to hear some good vibes coming from you Annis!

Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:06 pm

Gavlar wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Great to hear some good vibes coming from you Annis!

Its what I am honestly hearing, hope its all true. :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:07 pm

Craig Bellamy
Bradley Wright Phillips
Riccardo Fuller
Bjorn Bergman Sigurdarson
Markus Henriksen
Paul Taylor

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:13 pm

RFMH wrote:We seem to be going for targets that are unlikely to want to come for us for a variety of reasons. Normally i'm pretty positive about transfers, but at the moment I can't be enthused. So here's hoping i'm wrong.

You do not know who we are going for though. Very few people do.

Viable and prudent, in football speak, means they may come here and the business sense is there. Let's say we go for Bellamy. Is it viable? Yes, played for us before, lives in the area. Is it prudent? No. We would need to offer a 1 - 2 million and then wages on top. Resale value? NONE. Therefore, from a business perspective, not at all prudent, we stand to lose three to four million on the deal.

Now Jordan Rhodes. We bid 4 million. Viable? Possible, but unlikely. Prudent? Definitely. A bad season and he can still be sold on at minimal loss, a good season without promotion, his value rises, promotion and everyones laughing.

I am not saying either of those are on the radar but just explaining how we could interpret 'viable and prudent'. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:19 pm

I hope this is true and you are not just making it up to get people exited so when they do not happen the malaysians get stick and you have and extra few hundred joined to your protest? :lol: i hope its true though.

Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:38 pm

Reality Bites wrote:
RFMH wrote:We seem to be going for targets that are unlikely to want to come for us for a variety of reasons. Normally i'm pretty positive about transfers, but at the moment I can't be enthused. So here's hoping i'm wrong.

Viable and prudent, in football speak, means they may come here and the business sense is there. Let's say we go for Bellamy. Is it viable? Yes, played for us before, lives in the area. Is it prudent? No. We would need to offer a 1 - 2 million and then wages on top. Resale value? NONE. Therefore, from a business perspective, not at all prudent, we stand to lose three to four million on the deal.

Now Jordan Rhodes. We bid 4 million. Viable? Possible, but unlikely. Prudent? Definitely. A bad season and he can still be sold on at minimal loss, a good season without promotion, his value rises, promotion and everyones laughing.

I am not saying either of those are on the radar but just explaining how we could interpret 'viable and prudent'. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

We went for Jay Rodriguez who was clearly Prem bound.

Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:46 pm

RFMH wrote:
Reality Bites wrote:

We went for Jay Rodriguez who was clearly Prem bound.

Did we? Really. Even if we did a cheeky bid under the radar was entirely apt for a one season wonder. His agent may have got greedy and tipped off other sources.

Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:56 pm

I Think we must all not go into the season thinking ok we are going up cos we have big names.
Look at the season we had with DJ, everyone would tell you we had the best team and big names like JAY Chops Bellers + whitts but to name just them few, but we still didnt get there. O yes to have big name in your team if they play to there worth is great, and it do give you the confidence to think YEP WE ARE GOING UP ! But lets say it with our feet still on the ground. Nothing in this championship is for sure. :old:

Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:52 pm

Annis had his RED bull this morning ;) lol oj bud some good news is needed for all fans :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:53 pm

they aint gunna go telling the world that 'heeey we got money name your price' are they!... if we said that we'd be paying obsurd fees for average players!

anyway news seems good, you been told any names then annis and fancy dropping the sly clue? ;) :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:56 pm

Good for you Annis :ayatollah: