Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: To All The Red Re Brand Supporters

Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:51 pm

BigGwynram wrote:
Tiger wrote:
bluebird1972 wrote:Wasn't football supposed to be the great socially leveller where people from all walks of life gathered on a Saturday afternoon and stood shoulder to shoulder to support the team they love.

That's the best comment on here :ayatollah:

Yes. but only if they come from the same racial background, in some people's eyes. :evil:

Well that's me fucked English & Italian great grand parents what club will accept me a half breed at best

Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:53 pm

bluebird1972 wrote:
BigGwynram wrote:
Tiger wrote:
bluebird1972 wrote:Wasn't football supposed to be the great socially leveller where people from all walks of life gathered on a Saturday afternoon and stood shoulder to shoulder to support the team they love.

Yes. but only if they come from the same racial background, in some people's eyes. :evil:

Well that's me fucked English & Italian great grand parents what club will accept me a half breed at best

And Annis Abraham, Egyptian heritage and a known England supporter, he'd be first to miss out on this blokes supporters credentails.

Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:53 pm

AndyinHD wrote:A simple question for you , are you really aware of what this rebrand will mean ?

You do realise you will be watching Cardiff City in name only . Because that's all will be left . Nothing else just the name .

The rest will be rebrand plastic football for commercial reasons - you do actually realise that ?

You do realise the Club will be followed bu multi Culture crowds - not groups of Welshman - you do realise the person in the stadium is likely to be English,Chinese,Malaysian etc - they won't want to sing men of Harlech or others - they will just sit down and clap.

You do realise you probably will not be able to afford a season ticket anymore and be out priced of the Club.

You do realise that the current 20'000 don't matter to the Business Plan of the future , all easily replaced.

You do realise the rebrand has nothing to do with community football at all and is the end of a welsh community football team .

Yes - it's may well have saved the Club - that's what the board want you to think - but to them they need you to think that to pick up 30 pieces of silver ! But by supporting the rebrand you are actually killing the Club you know and love . It's a total overhaul and an overhaul that brings with it a plastic sterile club followed by plastic fans following a plastic team albeit good on the pitch.

The real Cardiff City dies in this rebrand - I just hope everyone is prepared for that .

There is no choice anyway the board will make sure it goes ahead anyway for their own reasons - the fan doesn't really matter to them , never has . The Re brand is going ahead and the overhaul will take place quickly but all the time the real Cardiff City is dying away forever and the red supporters are apart of killing their own club.

fully agree with everything you say top post. What the Reds fans fail to appreciate is that there is no doubt rerbranding is what its says it is. They will not have a team playing in Red home kit with Blue seats. These will be changed in due course and then we may as well be Bristol City its not Cardiff City the Bluebirds. The whole identity gone wiped out. Ah dont be silly I hear you say they wont change the seats. As already we have seen the honourable businessmen that run our club have already retracted on statements made and I wouldnt trust them at all. 2 years later when it happens no good then saying whats happened to our club.

Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:55 pm

BigGwynram wrote:
bluebird1972 wrote:
BigGwynram wrote:
Tiger wrote:

And Annis Abraham, Egyptian heritage and a known England supporter, he'd be first to miss out on this blokes supporters credentails.

I'm not hanging around with him I'm a RED

Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:19 pm

Is this ANDYinHD a reporter ? Some of his questions are tabloid shit :?

Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:32 pm

Do we realise that we will only be supporting cardiff at name only - its still cardiff and i will support them whatever colour nickname whatever we will be called in my lifetime, ive got white blue red black cardiff city shirts and wear them all proud its got our name on the shirt, i worship the name not the shirt

Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:34 pm

True enough I went off subject Gwynam, but only to poke fun at an argument I find ridiculous, basically.

I'll leave it at this -
Cardiff City are a welsh club playing in the English league system. While primarily its because the competition is more of Cardiff's standard, it also displays the fact there isn't a clean racial divide between clubs of either nation. Welsh clubs like Cardiff, Swansea and Wrexham are perfectly valid to support for Englishmen, and likewise English clubs for Welshmen. The English leagues are also the most watched in the world, meaning all teams involved at premier level and some even lower receive an international fan base to some extent. Thus, a welsh club has fans from all over the world. With or without foreign sponsorship.

A club can never have 'too many' foreign fans. I don't have an exact number but it's very possible Manchester Uniteds fan base well exceeds the UK population, but is it in any doubt it's still an English football team?

Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:51 pm

AndyinHD wrote:A simple question for you , are you really aware of what this rebrand will mean ?

You do realise you will be watching Cardiff City in name only . Because that's all will be left . Nothing else just the name .

The rest will be rebrand plastic football for commercial reasons - you do actually realise that ?

You do realise the Club will be followed bu multi Culture crowds - not groups of Welshman - you do realise the person in the stadium is likely to be English,Chinese,Malaysian etc - they won't want to sing men of Harlech or others - they will just sit down and clap.

You do realise you probably will not be able to afford a season ticket anymore and be out priced of the Club.

You do realise that the current 20'000 don't matter to the Business Plan of the future , all easily replaced.

You do realise the rebrand has nothing to do with community football at all and is the end of a welsh community football team .

Yes - it's may well have saved the Club - that's what the board want you to think - but to them they need you to think that to pick up 30 pieces of silver ! But by supporting the rebrand you are actually killing the Club you know and love . It's a total overhaul and an overhaul that brings with it a plastic sterile club followed by plastic fans following a plastic team albeit good on the pitch.

The real Cardiff City dies in this rebrand - I just hope everyone is prepared for that .

There is no choice anyway the board will make sure it goes ahead anyway for their own reasons - the fan doesn't really matter to them , never has . The Re brand is going ahead and the overhaul will take place quickly but all the time the real Cardiff City is dying away forever and the red supporters are apart of killing their own club.

I'm afraid the bit about the current 20000 bring replaced with new fans is nonsense. They are going to travel over are they? And what do you know about planned ST prices? No problem with anyone supporing staying blue but base it on facts. Simply scaremongering lacking substance.

Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:04 pm

AndyinHD wrote:My plan you ask Gwyn ?

My plan is very simple obtain a refund on my season ticket and find something else to do on a Saturday afternoon. I'm not interested in watching the rebrand to what is not really Cardiff City that I have followed since a small child. I have to accept it's all been washed away, not anti Malaysian, they have to do what they feel they have to, but it's not for me as they hijack the history and culture of the Cardiff City I've always known. My blame for this goes elsewhere to why it's happened. The annoying point being those I lay blame to are benefactors to themselves out of all this.

ah well its your choice but all city fans dont want this rebranding, but going with it as way of seeing club forward, if you cant see that well thats up to you, many fans have stopped seeing city for many reasons so martyrdom doesnt suite you!!! if you have a better way for city to solve financial problems please feel free to let us no about it? owing 50mil+ and running at loss only means one thing and its not administration!! thats how buisnesses work make profit survive lose money die its that simple!

Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:03 pm

i will be watching the players, thats who i support

well im english and have watched cardiff for 25 years, and more people is more money, regardless of nationality
i can assure you i will
thats your opinion, im sure the malaysians would not think so
bigger and better things

bit mellow dramatic that

Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:20 pm

NIBluebird wrote:Man united are a global brand supporting by milions watched by only 86000 - yet they are successful .............a supporter has no ownership of club you support the 11 players on the pitch ...........

Yes a successful worldwide brand and they managed to do it without changing colour hmmmmmmmm....... :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:48 pm

Can you tell me my dear AndyinHD,how many Welshman played in Malkys first team last season??

Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:52 pm

I tell you what is really sad my dear Forever Blue,is letting your utter contempt for the owners cloud your judgment,i use to hold you in some regard,but now i just think your a bitter person with many axes to grind

Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:21 am

Get a life, our supporters don't sing men of Harlech, and are you a racist? if you had a pub, would you care who bought a pint or a meal, any business has to make money or you don't survive, we are a football club, and we are also a business.

Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:36 am

Another idiot jumping to conclusions.

Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:51 am

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:35 am

So I take it that you think that only a Welsh man can support City, no Welsh women and no one from any other country? What a load of bollacks