Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

To All The Red Re Brand Supporters

Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:32 am

A simple question for you , are you really aware of what this rebrand will mean ?

You do realise you will be watching Cardiff City in name only . Because that's all will be left . Nothing else just the name .

The rest will be rebrand plastic football for commercial reasons - you do actually realise that ?

You do realise the Club will be followed bu multi Culture crowds - not groups of Welshman - you do realise the person in the stadium is likely to be English,Chinese,Malaysian etc - they won't want to sing men of Harlech or others - they will just sit down and clap.

You do realise you probably will not be able to afford a season ticket anymore and be out priced of the Club.

You do realise that the current 20'000 don't matter to the Business Plan of the future , all easily replaced.

You do realise the rebrand has nothing to do with community football at all and is the end of a welsh community football team .

Yes - it's may well have saved the Club - that's what the board want you to think - but to them they need you to think that to pick up 30 pieces of silver ! But by supporting the rebrand you are actually killing the Club you know and love . It's a total overhaul and an overhaul that brings with it a plastic sterile club followed by plastic fans following a plastic team albeit good on the pitch.

The real Cardiff City dies in this rebrand - I just hope everyone is prepared for that .

There is no choice anyway the board will make sure it goes ahead anyway for their own reasons - the fan doesn't really matter to them , never has . The Re brand is going ahead and the overhaul will take place quickly but all the time the real Cardiff City is dying away forever and the red supporters are apart of killing their own club.

Re: To All The Red Re Brand Supporters

Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:33 am

Can everyone just stop spouting the same crap.....both sides of the re-brand arguement

Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:34 am

its really becoming f*cking boring now, same old same old zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:44 am

I have to agree with Andy, the fans dont count anymore and what we say, were nothing to them anymore and thats very sad. :cry:

Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:50 am

I don't this there are ANY red supporters just fans that haven't been given any choice but to go with this terrible idea.

Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:00 am

I live in Cardiff, I will park in the same place, meet my mates in the same pub, walk the same route to the CCS, sit in the same seats and cheer on the players representing my home town club

sorry your point is :?:

Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:22 am

AndyinHD wrote:A simple question for you , are you really aware of what this rebrand will mean ?

You do realise you will be watching Cardiff City in name only . Because that's all will be left . Nothing else just the name .

The rest will be rebrand plastic football for commercial reasons - you do actually realise that ?

You do realise the Club will be followed bu multi Culture crowds - not groups of Welshman - you do realise the person in the stadium is likely to be English,Chinese,Malaysian etc - they won't want to sing men of Harlech or others - they will just sit down and clap.

You do realise you probably will not be able to afford a season ticket anymore and be out priced of the Club.

You do realise that the current 20'000 don't matter to the Business Plan of the future , all easily replaced.

You do realise the rebrand has nothing to do with community football at all and is the end of a welsh community football team .

Yes - it's may well have saved the Club - that's what the board want you to think - but to them they need you to think that to pick up 30 pieces of silver ! But by supporting the rebrand you are actually killing the Club you know and love . It's a total overhaul and an overhaul that brings with it a plastic sterile club followed by plastic fans following a plastic team albeit good on the pitch.

The real Cardiff City dies in this rebrand - I just hope everyone is prepared for that .

There is no choice anyway the board will make sure it goes ahead anyway for their own reasons - the fan doesn't really matter to them , never has . The Re brand is going ahead and the overhaul will take place quickly but all the time the real Cardiff City is dying away forever and the red supporters are apart of killing their own club.

Another racist crawls out from under his stone. Go and follow AFC White Power and leave Cardiff City to its fans. Thanks.

Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:35 am

AndyinHD wrote:A simple question for you , are you really aware of what this rebrand will mean ?

Agree with the principles of what you have said mate.

Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:37 am

Tiger wrote:I don't this there are ANY red supporters just fans that haven't been given any choice but to go with this terrible idea.

I think you are wrong in fact you are wrong we all have a choice

Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:40 am

I didn't read the post only the title you dirty c**t f**k off Cardiff city is a multicultured city and it ain't changing please delete this thread.

Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:54 am

There is nothing racist in the post at all . Just a generalisation of the possible future under the rebrand.

Fan zhi played for Cardiff City , how many new visitors did that bring to the Club and he was a poor player. A few hundred at times . Those few hundred would straight away replace the 50 who have apparently handed in season tickets. At present we are watched in the main by Welsh People singing Welsh Club songs. Correct ? Agree ?

Do you think when we have Malaysian / Chinese owners under a rebrand including a Nations favourite Colour featuring dragons and fire branding out to the Nation that the crowd will continue as above - no , it will become a multi culture crowd.

Will they want to sing these songs ? - no of course not. No they will clap players instead. That's not racist that's common sense. I have nothing against any colour,creed,culture I embrace them all in life but will you embrace them in the new fan base is the million dollar question. Already we complain about atmosphere will it improve - no become even more happy clappy. That's the future under the rebrand be prepared for it. You have thrown the race card because you are actually in denial or simply ignorant.

Didn't we see a season ago a Malaysian student assaulted in London invited to the ground simply because he was Malaysian ? He didn't come from Cardiff and no aspirations to Cardiff and indeed turned out to be an Arsenal fan who declined the invitation on that basis . Now the Club plays in Red , is Malaysian owned and highly likely to be in the Premiership will a student like this one be more tempted - I clearly expect him to be under the total overhaul and rebranding .

Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:07 am

AndyinHD wrote:There is nothing racist in the post at all . Just a generalisation of the possible future under the rebrand.

Fan zhi played for Cardiff City , how many new visitors did that bring to the Club and he was a poor player. A few hundred at times . Those few hundred would straight away replace the 50 who have apparently handed in season tickets. At present we are watched in the main by Welsh People singing Welsh Club songs. Correct ? Agree ?

Do you think when we have Malaysian / Chinese owners under a rebrand including a Nations favourite Colour featuring dragons and fire branding out to the Nation that the crowd will continue as above - no , it will become a multi culture crowd.

Will they want to sing these songs ? - no of course not. No they will clap players instead. That's not racist that's common sense. I have nothing against any colour,creed,culture I embrace them all in life but will you embrace them in the new fan base is the million dollar question. Already we complain about atmosphere will it improve - no become even more happy clappy. That's the future under the rebrand be prepared for it. You have thrown the race card because you are actually in denial or simply ignorant.

Didn't we see a season ago a Malaysian student assaulted in London invited to the ground simply because he was Malaysian ? He didn't come from Cardiff and no aspirations to Cardiff and indeed turned out to be an Arsenal fan who declined the invitation on that basis . Now the Club plays in Red , is Malaysian owned and highly likely to be in the Premiership will a student like this one be more tempted - I clearly expect him to be under the total overhaul and rebranding .

I could care if I was sitting next to black, white, brown pink or blue people the more the merrier if you don't like it piss of to Poland idiot.

Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:21 am

I have been reading all sides of the rebranding debate over the past few weeks but some of these reasons against the rebranding are just disgraceful.

To say that the rebranding is a bad thing because it will bring non-welsh supporters to the ground is just disgraceful. I bet a high % of our support isn't welsh. My father and uncle are english and have been season ticket holder like myself for years. Do they create a different atmosphere? I dont think so. Any nationality is welcome in the ground, even if it is to support just a particular player. ultimately they are supporting Cardiff City.

Some peopple need to realise that Cardiff City and Global football is now a business and we need to move on or get left behind.

Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:24 am

Yes it means we have changed the badge yet again, must be for the tenth time now, and the colour of thsirt again.

You do realise you will be watching Cardiff City in name only . Because that's all will be left . Nothing else just the name No I didn't realise that, does this apply to all the other times we have change things like badges, shirts and even stadium,s.

No again I didn't realise this, and wonder where you got this info from? mind you I see this as a positive, football and sport in general should bring people of all races colour and creed together, last season when you sat near Asian or West Indian or anyone of mixed race, what did you see, oz all I seen was a fellow City fan.

No, and to be honest I can't believe how lucky I am to have my season ticket price gauranteed at it's low level for another three years, one of the benfits of the crook Peter Ridsdale. :lol: There is a good chance I may be watching Premiership football for two years at what works out at less than twenty quid a game.
As for price increase, I don't think if there is one it will be soley down to the Malaysians, any owners will charge what they can and what they feel is affordable and sustainable, if it's to expensive then people wont come, they have to be realistic, saying that if it was my club, as a business if I could sell every seat at fifty quid, I would, wouldn't you,? that's just the hars
h world of economics, nothing to do with re branding or Malaysians.

Surely that's a good sign of strength, if the club can afford to run without our income, then they must be in a strong position. Mind you, I do know that gate reciepts at a club the size of Man U for instance is only a small part of their total income, but isn't that a sign of their success in the world wide market.

Are Cardiff the nearest team to your home?do you support the Welsh community football by watching Ceiber colts or Porth FC. I am involved with my local club, but it's Cardiff that matters to me, not Welsh football, it's al bout Cardiff, to be honest I think the Welsh FA have held us back for years.

And you r alternative plan is? and all this sterile and plastic and killing the club comes from changing a badge and shirt yet again. How did we survive all the other times it happened, How did Leeds cope after they change shirt colours, Oh I know they went on to be one of the world's biggest team with some of the most mad loud fans and atmospheres around.

And what is the real Cardiff City to you, because to me it's far more than a badge or a shirt colour.

Who are the red supporters, are these the loyal Cardiff fans who want the club to progress and will accept a red shirt as the cost of that progress? And do you really think the board don't want us to succeed, what is your plan.???

Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:41 am

My plan you ask Gwyn ?

My plan is very simple obtain a refund on my season ticket and find something else to do on a Saturday afternoon. I'm not interested in watching the rebrand to what is not really Cardiff City that I have followed since a small child. I have to accept it's all been washed away, not anti Malaysian, they have to do what they feel they have to, but it's not for me as they hijack the history and culture of the Cardiff City I've always known. My blame for this goes elsewhere to why it's happened. The annoying point being those I lay blame to are benefactors to themselves out of all this.

Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:49 am

AndyinHD wrote:My plan you ask Gwyn ?

My plan is very simple obtain a refund on my season ticket and find something else to do on a Saturday afternoon. I'm not interested in watching the rebrand to what is not really Cardiff City that I have followed since a small child. I have to accept it's all been washed away, not anti Malaysian, they have to do what they feel they have to, but it's not for me as they hijack the history and culture of the Cardiff City I've always known. My blame for this goes elsewhere to why it's happened. The annoying point being those I lay blame to are benefactors to themselves out of all this.

Good best thing to happen with people like you not to step foot inside the stadium again, bet you used to do the ayatollah, or enjoy watching a team which consists of many nations also did you cringe walking to the stadium seeing how many people of different cultures living in the welsh capital. Bye bye you won't be missed...

Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:49 am

AndyinHD wrote:You do realise the Club will be followed bu multi Culture crowds - not groups of Welshman - you do realise the person in the stadium is likely to be English,Chinese,Malaysian etc - they won't want to sing men of Harlech or others - they will just sit down and clap.

As an Englishman that has supported Cardiff long before the merger, I find this point in particular offensive, and in many ways borderline racist. You assume since Cardiff is a Welsh club, English fans, and those of any other nationality, aren't allowed to support the team? I'm one of many English Cardiff fans I spend a lot of time with, and I know of many Irish and Scottish too. We have no interest in stopping the Welsh contingent singing Welsh songs, afterall it is a Welsh club. You however reckon we're not allowed to even come, apparently.

As regards to the rest of the post I'm in agreement, get over it or leave, whinging here achieves nothing.

Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:11 pm

AndyinHD wrote:There is nothing racist in the post at all . Just a generalisation of the possible future under the rebrand.

You may have not have realised it and hate being called it, but you sir are a racist, clear and simple. I hope Annis who has agreed with your posting now deletes this thread immediately

Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:15 pm

This guy is like, the very definition of a change hater

"WAAA new fans might turn up!!111!!" Jesus christ, the horror :roll:

Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:15 pm

Andrew9545 wrote:
AndyinHD wrote:You do realise the Club will be followed bu multi Culture crowds - not groups of Welshman - you do realise the person in the stadium is likely to be English,Chinese,Malaysian etc - they won't want to sing men of Harlech or others - they will just sit down and clap.

As an Englishman that has supported Cardiff long before the merger, I find this point in particular offensive, and in many ways borderline racist. You assume since Cardiff is a Welsh club, English fans, and those of any other nationality, aren't allowed to support the team? I'm one of many English Cardiff fans I spend a lot of time with, and I know of many Irish and Scottish too. We have no interest in stopping the Welsh contingent singing Welsh songs, afterall it is a Welsh club. You however reckon we're not allowed to even come, apparently.

As regards to the rest of the post I'm in agreement, get over it or leave, whinging here achieves nothing.

Yes I assume It's a Welsh Club. A club that plays in Cardiff which is the Welsh Capital . The Capital of Wales . I think that would qualify as a Welsh Club , certaintly not an English,Scottish , Irish Club .

I would assume that's why we sing Men of Harlech and not flower of Scotland ?

I would assume that you agree with that ?

Now I personally have no reason not to see any national support a Welsh Club like Cardiff City - I was simply expressing that the rebrand will bring even more multi culture which I believe in return will eradicate much of the Welsh atmosphere of following yes a Welsh Club in Wales . That's not racist , that's not offensive that's just an opinion and an opinion that I see happening under the rebranding , it's not just a shirt it's not just a brand it's an overhaul.Part of the overhaul will see many changes . Myself I preferred the real Cardiff City , Community football club for the people of Surrounding areas to enjoy on a Saturday Afternoon , being united in voice , cheering on our boys in Blue - that's been taken away now for a commercial rebranding - Do I want to be part of all that being taken away - No ? I understand it has to be taken away as the idiots of the Cardiff Board have allowed it to happen and there is no other choice , but I don't have to be happy about that something that I have done for 30 odd years now has to be replaced and that we can't even more forward under our own colour, history or heritage .

PLEASE DELETE THIS THREAD

Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:17 pm

Please can a moderator delete this thread immediately. This racist posting should not be tolerated

Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:22 pm

AndyinHD wrote:
Andrew9545 wrote:

Yes I assume It's a Welsh Club. A club that plays in Cardiff which is the Welsh Capital . The Capital of Wales . I think that would qualify as a Welsh Club , certaintly not an English,Scottish , Irish Club .

I would assume that's why we sing Men of Harlech and not flower of Scotland ?

I would assume that you agree with that ?

Now I personally have no reason not to see any national support a Welsh Club like Cardiff City - I was simply expressing that the rebrand will bring even more multi culture which I believe in return will eradicate much of the Welsh atmosphere of following yes a Welsh Club in Wales . That's not racist , that's not offensive that's just an opinion and an opinion that I see happening under the rebranding , it's not just a shirt it's not just a brand it's an overhaul.Part of the overhaul will see many changes . Myself I preferred the real Cardiff City , Community football club for the people of Surrounding areas to enjoy on a Saturday Afternoon , being united in voice , cheering on our boys in Blue - that's been taken away now for a commercial rebranding - Do I want to be part of all that being taken away - No ? I understand it has to be taken away as the idiots of the Cardiff Board have allowed it to happen and there is no other choice , but I don't have to be happy about that something that I have done for 30 odd years now has to be replaced and that we can't even more forward under our own colour, history or heritage .

Go away you cannot justify what your saying, you want a stadium full off welsh people singing welsh songs eating Cawl soup :shock: idiot it's 2012.

Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:23 pm

Exactly, you assume as we are foreign we will be determined to strip all Welsh culture out of the club, which is offensive. We know it's a Welsh club and we want it to stay a welsh club.

Ever heard of the BNP? They think too many foreigners will make Britain not Britain anymore , very similar to your opinion for this club. I'll give you their number, along with a KKK hood.

Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:29 pm

Man united are a global brand supporting by milions watched by only 86000 - yet they are successful .............a supporter has no ownership of club you support the 11 players on the pitch ...........

Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:37 pm

Andrew9545 wrote:Exactly, you assume as we are foreign we will be determined to strip all Welsh culture out of the club, which is offensive. We know it's a Welsh club and we want it to stay a welsh club.

Ever heard of the BNP? They think too many foreigners will make Britain not Britain anymore , very similar to your opinion for this club. I'll give you their number, along with a KKK hood.

Don't be so puerile. Your trying to stop debate by introducing the race card.

Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:39 pm

NIBluebird wrote:Man united are a global brand supporting by milions watched by only 86000 - yet they are successful .............a supporter has no ownership of club you support the 11 players on the pitch ...........

You support the Club that you grew up with until it's taken away which here is the scenario .

Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:42 pm

AndyinHD wrote:
Andrew9545 wrote:Exactly, you assume as we are foreign we will be determined to strip all Welsh culture out of the club, which is offensive. We know it's a Welsh club and we want it to stay a welsh club.

Don't be so puerile. Your trying to stop debate by introducing the race card.

Andy come on now fella, you put it up there to add substance to your argument, you can't blame people for ripping holes in it. :old:

Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:43 pm

Wasn't football supposed to be the great socially leveller where people from all walks of life gathered on a Saturday afternoon and stood shoulder to shoulder to support the team they love.

Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:46 pm

bluebird1972 wrote:Wasn't football supposed to be the great socially leveller where people from all walks of life gathered on a Saturday afternoon and stood shoulder to shoulder to support the team they love.

That's the best comment on here :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:48 pm

Tiger wrote:
bluebird1972 wrote:Wasn't football supposed to be the great socially leveller where people from all walks of life gathered on a Saturday afternoon and stood shoulder to shoulder to support the team they love.

That's the best comment on here :ayatollah:

Yes. but only if they come from the same racial background, in some people's eyes. :evil: