Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

HAS ANY 1 READ THIS (EXCELLENT BLOG)

Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:18 am

http://bigtakeovercc.wordpress.com/2012 ... club-died/

Today as a football fan who has spent probably thousands following my club home and away, I received what feels like the final kick in the teeth from the business that is Modern Football. If leaving our great historic Ninian Park, with all it’s atmosphere, intimidation and history wasn’t enough. If the new all-seater soulless bowl they now play in, not unlike any other sterile ”football” stadium wasn’t enough. If the jobsworth stewards who demand we sit down, arms folded and not have any fun watching football wasn’t enough.. then today truly is, enough. At 9am this morning, despite promises from our owners that our history and tradition would remain, Cardiff City Football Club, my beloved Bluebirds, were rebranded. Replacing our bluebird with a red dragon, desecrating our famous blue kit, and replacing it with a red one, and why did they do this? To make the club more commercial and profitable in the country of Malaysia… supposedly the red is apparently lucky and teams that wear red are more successful. That of course will make little sense to any Cardiff fan who also follows their red kit wearing country, WALES! The Welsh Dragon replacing the Bluebird apparently makes the club more commercial to audiences in both Wales and Malaysia as it is both of our national symbols… well, newsflash, the Welsh have a national team for that, and if any Malaysians out there are truly real football fans, then they’d support their local Malaysian club. This of course all comes with the promise of 100million pound investment from our owners, which will no doubt win over the plastic and fake jester hat wearing elite in our Fanbase.

Speaking of which, I am sick to death of all these new breed of “football supporters” at Cardiff City Football Club. The types who lap up the next conman that comes into our football clubs blatant bullshit. We’ve seen it all before. They did it first with Sam Hammam, then Peter Ridsdale, and now this Malaysian owner, Vincent Tan. So called Football Supporters, all willing to sell their football club down the river for the promise of glory and success, excuse my language but, Premier League f*cking Football – as if it’s the be all and end all of football today. They have no understanding of history & tradition and worst of all when these things go tits up as usual, you never hear another peep out of them until the next big cash money dream comes along. It isn’t what football should be about at all & I just cannot understand that mindset.

The argument of course is that, as a football club we are 40 million pound in the red, and we need this Malaysian investment to survive. That apparently without it, we are doomed and will be liquidated/cease to exist. Why would we want the investment or to survive however, if we are basically going to become Malaysian FC instead of the Cardiff City we know and love? It doesn’t make one bit of sense. I would sooner see the club dead and buried, and as fans found our own Cardiff City as the ‘Bluebirds’ in either the lowest league of English football, or the Welsh League, than support a Cardiff team at the top of the Premier League in a disgusting shade of red, wearing a badge that looks like it was designed by a twelve year old on a microsoft paint programme.

Football is about the heart and soul of each club, it’s community and the pride in a city it can bring. It’s about the day out, with mates, supporting our Bluebirds on foreign soil (well, English mainly). The unity amongst otherwise different types of people it brings, young and old, black and white, rich and poor, whatever stereotypical example you want really! It applies regardless. I’ve met many lads that I’d now call good friends watching my team, and that social aspect is equally as important. Basically, Football when you break it down into it’s simplest form, like these Malaysian’s have done, is when it becomes completely irrelevant to all concerned! Watching (I’d barely call it supporting to be honest) a team of eleven overpaid young lads with more money than sense, kick a ball around a field, with the inevitable outcome that the team who has spent the most money on the best team of players will win the league at the end of the season. And just that, nothing else… just the game itself. No more Cardiff tradition, no more history & barely any kind of culture, and British football culture really is brilliant, lets be honest, even the dark side to it. It’s what made it the game it is in this country amongst the working classes.

However sickened I am by what has happened today. This whole situation, has really put me off football generally, I’m not going to lie. I don’t even feel like following my country Wales at the moment either, and I’ve loved both with equal passion for a while now. I’ll never renew my season ticket at Cardiff City, I’ll never give that club another penny. Not until the changes have been reversed at the very least. It’s a shame the same cannot be said for other so-called fans of Cardiff City. It is after all, the fans and only the fans that can put a stop to this monstrosity happening. We are the lifeblood of the club, football fans make a football team what it is, and without fans, the team isn’t anything. If enough vote with their feet now, demand refunds on their Season tickets, and refuse to watch that team as it is, until the bluebird and the colour are restored then they’ll have no choice but to do so. Sadly, the fact remains some of our fanbase really had no issues with changing colour/badge for the prospect of 100million pound investment, and premier league football. It emerged recently that other so-called ”fan leaders” who run supporters groups, do travel coaches, run certain message boards and so on, didn’t mind some kind of rebranding for the promise of money, altering our identity along the way, with no care for what it really means.

A lot of fans and probably the loyal majority are of course dead against it, which is why initially the plans weren’t going to go ahead and that really is, the only bright point of this whole shaming affair. That and the support we have received from fans of other clubs, even clubs who don’t particularly like us! Special mentions to the ultras of FC Zbrojovka Brno (Czech Republic) and SV Austria Salzburg. Pictured above and below. Respect Lads.

There are still some however who’ll brush off everything I have said here, who the promise of money is more than enough to. So to all of those so-called fans, it’s your choice really.. But if this truly is modern football, then I’m out. I’m not joining in with selling my clubs soul, removing it’s 100 year identity, and taking away the reason why my grandfather grew up watching the club, the reason my father grew up watching the club and the reason why I watched and supported Cardiff City Football Club, The Bluebirds. A nickname given to us by our founders, due to it’s popularity amongst the people of the city around 1908. Not to become some Malaysian advertisement for some vague promise of investment and success. I do not care about the country of Malaysia, I do not care about the Premier League, I do not care about gaining a hundred thousand odd armchair football supporters (Cardiff has enough of them who wear Red shirts already) in the middle of Asia somewhere. I care about the Bluebirds, and what it means to me, my mates and the people of the city of Cardiff.

I speak to many lads from up and down the British Isles who don’t watch their clubs anymore because modern football has killed the fun of it for them, or because they’re teams have become really rubbish or embarrasing in comparison to their neighbours… If I have one message for those lads then it’s seriously, I’d embrace your clubs for what they are, whilst they are there. Getting the success we’ve had in recent years hasn’t exactly made our club better as everything I have said here proves! Those lads really should enjoy it, before everything they loved about it is killed off like almost everyclub in the top two flights of English Football. Our Game is almost dead lads!

Without the fans they are nothing. Boycott Cardiff City Football Club.

Against Modern Football.

Re: HAS ANY 1 READ THIS (EXCELLENT BLOG)

Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:48 am

Totally agree good post. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:00 am

Yet another pro-blue sticky.Well written but its just the "beer and bulshit"mentality all over again.

Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:07 am

oh look another pro blue sticky, bullshit biast forum

Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:07 am

What a dinosaur.

Let`s go back to football boots with brown laces that had to have dubbin on them.
Let`s put a lace back in the ball.
Let`s go back to pitches that turn to mud in winter.
etc, etc, etc.

When I played parks football in places like Trelai, I used to get changed without showering, and rush to Ninian if we were at home, to maybe catch the last 10 minutes of the game. I remember freezing my nuts off, but do not remember ever seeing us score. I love Cardiff City, but would love to see premier football just once in my life time. Old school football still exists on the parks, or Welsh league. Go and watch that if it`s what you want, but stop living in this rose tinted past.
Honestly, you would think we were joining in with the Jacks to a super stadium near Bridgend and playing in white from the over reaction to a simple change of shirt colour!
We are still Cardiff City in a stadium in Cardiff, I just don`t get this weeping and wailing.

Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:08 am

Another poster living in the past.

Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:17 am

:ayatollah:

Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:22 am

Totally agree with the blog and which many of us feel at the moment, the only difference for me is that I will be there home and away and still there when the malaysians leave :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:31 am

'Without the fans they are nothing. Boycott Cardiff City Football Club'.

In the past yes, but now no fans will mean no Cardiff City FC - and I wouldn't want to be part of that.

How can you boycott CCFC - it's not the club you are against surely?

If everyone wanted what is best for CCFC they'd go to the games. The issue around the colour and badge is totally seperate and there are other ways of showing disagreement with the decision and the decision makers - and that includes the local businessman on the board, who agreed the change.

Whatever your decision, it must not have an impact on CCFC!

:old:

Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:39 pm

new lardo wrote:What a dinosaur.

Let`s go back to football boots with brown laces that had to have dubbin on them.
Let`s put a lace back in the ball.
Let`s go back to pitches that turn to mud in winter.
etc, etc, etc.

When I played parks football in places like Trelai, I used to get changed without showering, and rush to Ninian if we were at home, to maybe catch the last 10 minutes of the game. I remember freezing my nuts off, but do not remember ever seeing us score. I love Cardiff City, but would love to see premier football just once in my life time. Old school football still exists on the parks, or Welsh league. Go and watch that if it`s what you want, but stop living in this rose tinted past.
Honestly, you would think we were joining in with the Jacks to a super stadium near Bridgend and playing in white from the over reaction to a simple change of shirt colour!
We are still Cardiff City in a stadium in Cardiff, I just don`t get this weeping and wailing.

Exactly. I am sick of the drama queens behaving like spoilt little kids just because they can't have their own way. They need to grow up. We only play in blue for half the games anyway. The only difference will be is that it will be blue away from home. I admit I am not over keen on the new badge but it looks worse in isolation than it actually does on the new shirts.

Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:23 pm

The number of pro blue and anti change sticky's is now becoming really irritating :evil:

Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:42 pm

Another temper tantrum.

Its not like the old days- correct, it's not.

Its not really the red, (which I still find bewildering)its the modern game. Its becoming like rugby, the spectator aggression has gone, but surprisingly attendances are improving, strange that.

Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:06 pm

An absolute awful piece of writing and the last thing I would describe it as is 'Excellent' :roll:

It is all well slagging off other supporters and throwing tantrums about the colour of shirt, but nowhere does he offer an alternative to our predicament apart from liquidating the club and staring again in the Welsh League, which will never be a valid option accepted by the majority of CCFC supporters.

Unless the anti-red faction start to explain just how we can survive without VT’s millions then any opinion/posting made by them are discredited IMO.

And when I say ‘explain’ I mean ‘explain’ rather than say the dead bleeding obvious like ‘ we need to cut costs’ etc. etc.

Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:28 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:An absolute awful piece of writing and the last thing I would describe it as is 'Excellent' :roll:

It is all well slagging off other supporters and throwing tantrums about the colour of shirt, but nowhere does he offer an alternative to our predicament apart from liquidating the club and staring again in the Welsh League, which will never be a valid option accepted by the majority of CCFC supporters.

Unless the anti-red faction start to explain just how we can survive without VT’s millions then any opinion/posting made by them are discredited IMO.

And when I say ‘explain’ I mean ‘explain’ rather than say the dead bleeding obvious like ‘ we need to cut costs’ etc. etc.

Don't you think the onus is on VT to explain why this affront to our club's tradition and culture is necessary? Nothing I've seen has made me feel it's anything other than because it's his "lucky" colour. Where are the sound business reasons to make these changes?

I'd rather take my chances in Admin.

Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:42 pm

What a f*cking cock.

What does he want? A f*cking Oscar?

Move on and deal with the change. Exciting times ahead for Cardiff!!

I can't wait for the season to start. It's going to be a fantastic new era for the bluebirds!!

Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:04 pm

What a f*cking cock.

What does he want? A f*cking Oscar?

Move on and deal with the change. Exciting times ahead for Cardiff!!

I can't wait for the season to start. It's going to be a fantastic new era for the bluebirds!!

Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:15 pm

I cant believe you all !! Okay fair enough changing the colour but the badge i use to kiss the badge and wear it with pride cant say that about this new peice of shit we got. Our fans wanting this change are absolute muppets and need to take a long hard look at themselves, we dont need fans like them at our club :ayatollah: