Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

How long until the club goes 'cup in hand' back to Tan..?

You may select 1 option

View results

How long until the club goes 'cup in hand' back to Tan..?

Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:47 pm

As this whole gamble seems to be on promotion or not then how confident are you that this will solve all our problems..?

Re: How long until the club goes 'cup in hand' back to Tan..?

Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:02 am

I think it will solve our ongoing debt problems as they will be converted to shares, I don't think it all depends on instant promotion either as imo it's a long term ongoing plan to push the club forward, the club won't need to go cap in hand to Mr Tan as it will be his club anyway so he'd have to go cap in hand to himself.

Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:18 am

CF64 BLUE wrote:I think it will solve our ongoing debt problems as they will be converted to shares, I don't think it all depends on instant promotion either as imo it's a long term ongoing plan to push the club forward, the club won't need to go cap in hand to Mr Tan as it will be his club anyway so he'd have to go cap in hand to himself.

yeah but 'cup in hand' to himself with interest.

Personally I cant see the asian market covering the so-called £1 million per month losses which are happening now. In fact the only thing which would help cover that would be promotion hense why I think its promotion or god knows where next

Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:20 am

Angry Man wrote:
CF64 BLUE wrote:I think it will solve our ongoing debt problems as they will be converted to shares, I don't think it all depends on instant promotion either as imo it's a long term ongoing plan to push the club forward, the club won't need to go cap in hand to Mr Tan as it will be his club anyway so he'd have to go cap in hand to himself.

Personally I cant see the asian market covering the so-called £1 million per month losses which are happening now. In fact the only thing which would help cover that would be promotion hense why I think its promotion or god knows where next

Once the debt is turned into equity, as long as we don't spend stupid money on players and their wages, our turnover should cover our outgoings in the Championship!

Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:24 am

"Cup in hand" :lol:

Overthemoon wrote:
Angry Man wrote:

Once the debt is turned into equity, as long as we don't spend stupid money on players and their wages, our turnover should cover our outgoings in the Championship!

Thats the big issue around this isn't it. As I've said earlier on today there should be a wage cap put in place now like other well run clubs at our level. However my fear now is that we will go down the road of more stupid money on players and wages because everyone knows about this so-called investment so they will be asking for more than normal. The bottom line is will the club risk it for a shot of the Premier League

NJ73 wrote:"Cup in hand" :lol:

oopss :oops:

Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:27 am

Angry Man wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:
Angry Man wrote:

Thats the big issue around this isn't it. As I've said earlier on today there should be a wage cap put in place now like other well run clubs at our level. However my fear now is that we will go down the road of more stupid money on players and wages because everyone knows about this so-called investment so they will be asking for more than normal. The bottom line is will the club risk it for a shot of the Premier League

I'd be shocked if Malky isn't given a decent war chest this Summer, with the fair play rules coming in soon, I suspect we'll be spending a decent wedge over the next few weeks!

After this season and once the Langston debt has been sorted, the debt turned into equity, then we'll be in a far better place!

Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:29 am

Overthemoon wrote:
Angry Man wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:
Angry Man wrote:

I'd be shocked if Malky isn't given a decent war chest this Summer, with the fair play rules coming in soon, I suspect we'll be spending a decent wedge over the next few weeks!

After this season and once the Langston debt has been sorted, the debt turned into equity, then we'll be in a far better place!

What amount would you class as a 'decent wadge'..?

Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:31 am

Angry Man wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:
Angry Man wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:
Angry Man wrote:

What amount would you class as a 'decent wadge'..?

Don't know about a decent wadge, but I'd guess a decent wedge would be about £12-15 million! :D

Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:40 am

Overthemoon wrote:
Don't know about a decent wadge, but I'd guess a decent wedge would be about £12-15 million! :D

:shock: personally I don't think we will have half of that for players. Will be interesting to see how much parachute monies the relegated clubs will spend on players in an attempt to get promoted in first time of asking.

Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:47 am

Angry Man wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:

:shock: personally I don't think we will have half of that for players. Will be interesting to see how much parachute monies the relegated clubs will spend on players in an attempt to get promoted in first time of asking.

You'll have to take their wages into account as well as any transfer fees, but I'd be delighted with a couple of £2-3 million signings and 2-3 lesser purchases or freebie mix!

Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:57 am

Even if the old debts are settled we wills till need to go 'cap in hand' to them every month to cover the shortfall between our income and running costs due unless/until we get to the Premier league.

To put in into context, we get about £3m a year in TV money, Relegated sides get £16m and Prem sides £40m . The gap is enormous, its no wonder clubs risk their asses to go up.

The Jacks for example will have turned an £8m loss into a £15-£20m profit this year I reckon.

Blackpool turned a big loss into a £16m profit when they went up.

Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:12 am

Lawnmower wrote:Even if the old debts are settled we wills till need to go 'cap in hand' to them every month to cover the shortfall between our income and running costs due unless/until we get to the Premier league.

To put in into context, we get about £3m a year in TV money, Relegated sides get £16m and Prem sides £40m . The gap is enormous, its no wonder clubs risk their asses to go up.

The Jacks for example will have turned an £8m loss into a £15-£20m profit this year I reckon.

Angry Man, I don't think you know what you are talking about, please don't take that in an offensive way but your feelings are clearly overtaking your mind and thought.

" we " won't have to go cap in hand to them as it will be their Club. They now clearly have a full on business plan in place to turn a failing Company into a profitable one .

Unfortunately this will not include anything we have known before as Cardiff City.

In reality the 20'000 who attend games currently don't matter either. If they attend they attend , if not so be it they will be replaced, highly likely they will be priced out at a later date anyway.

Will there be top flight football in Cardiff , without doubt - will it be as Cardiff City , by name only you will not recognise the Club as it has ever been before. Not really the real Cardiff City but in name only it will be.

Then you will be Mr Angry.

Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:40 am

Why would we go CUP or cap in hand in the owner, it is his club, his baby and he now needs to feed it for it to grow.
For him to protect or make a profit, then he needs to provide the necessary funds to grow the business to a profit making or at least a sell-able asset.
That's how business's work, when I was establishing my business, I had to take the risk and initially borrow and go into debt.
Most big business's especially for the first years are in debt, in fact some of them permanently stay in debt and grow their holdings and assets on the strength of that debt.

Take a business such as Wetherspoons, I would imagine they still owe zillions, because as soon as they get income they borrow on the strength of that and open more business's.
So they may owe millions in loans, but in holdings they have far more in assets than their debt. This works especially well when loans are as reasonable as they are now. this is how growth is stimulated and if loan rates go high borrowing and investment drop and growth in the business section stalls.

Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:56 am

Angry Man wrote:
NJ73 wrote:"Cup in hand" :lol:

oopss :oops:

Freudian slip :lol:

Which Cup do you mean :

we should do another Poll :

FA Cup
Carling Cup

:lol: :lol:

Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:59 am

Lawnmower wrote:Even if the old debts are settled we wills till need to go 'cap in hand' to them every month to cover the shortfall between our income and running costs due unless/until we get to the Premier league.

But isn't that precisely the point - the only way that VT will get any return from us is if we are promoted.

OK, he may not be doing it for the love of CCFC, but if his ambitions and ours (for different reasons) end up in this being a successful club on the pitch, happy days :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:38 am

BigGwynram wrote:Why would we go CUP or cap in hand in the owner, it is his club, his baby and he now needs to feed it for it to grow.
For him to protect or make a profit, then he needs to provide the necessary funds to grow the business to a profit making or at least a sell-able asset.
That's how business's work, when I was establishing my business, I had to take the risk and initially borrow and go into debt.
Most big business's especially for the first years are in debt, in fact some of them permanently stay in debt and grow their holdings and assets on the strength of that debt.

Take a business such as Wetherspoons, I would imagine they still owe zillions, because as soon as they get income they borrow on the strength of that and open more business's.
So they may owe millions in loans, but in holdings they have far more in assets than their debt. This works especially well when loans are as reasonable as they are now. this is how growth is stimulated and if loan rates go high borrowing and investment drop and growth in the business section stalls.

Correct analogy Gwyn. 70 million deficit has to be turned around. Who's though put us in this actual position where we have to rely on this bail out ? What's your opinion ? Look forward to your reply as a pro red person with clearly strong views.

Also out of interest how much will you be prepared to pay for your season ticket to watch the rebranded team ?

Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:00 am

Die Walkure wrote:

But isn't that precisely the point - the only way that VT will get any return from us is if we are promoted.

OK, he may not be doing it for the love of CCFC, but if his ambitions and ours (for different reasons) end up in this being a successful club on the pitch, happy days :ayatollah:

If your aspiration is to see a football team locally in the Premiership to go and watch brings you happy days then you are on the right track - although you won't be watching the real Cardiff city many of us have followed and supported for years.

It's rather like going to watch a band say called " Bee Gees " with a new line up and no original members of the band but singing the same songs .

Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:08 pm

AndyinHD wrote:
BigGwynram wrote:Why would we go CUP or cap in hand in the owner, it is his club, his baby and he now needs to feed it for it to grow.

Correct analogy Gwyn. 70 million deficit has to be turned around. Who's though put us in this actual position where we have to rely on this bail out ? What's your opinion ? Look forward to your reply as a pro red person with clearly strong views.

Getting to where we are as put us in this position, actually if we had a rich benefactor from the start we would not have had to borrow so much from institutions, or sold off cheaply all our revenue streams, it a shame they hadn't stepped in straight after the Sam Hammam era and taken us on from there, they have come in now and had to plug loads of gaps, and honour lot's of contracts and agreements that were made before they got here.
We have lived beyond our means and it has caught up with us, but now with these backers we have the means so let's get out there and live.
But this business is like so many others and not just football, somewhere along the line you have to speculate/gamble to accumulate,

Also out of interest how much will you be prepared to pay for your season ticket to watch the rebranded team ?

How ever much market forces and economics dictate, if they are hugely successful and people are clambering to get in, the as with market forces we can expect a price increase, but don't think the Malaysian's will be any different there to any other owner, do you? :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:10 pm

Why would Merthyr go cup in hand to Tan?

Find your own backer, Brown.

Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:36 pm

If your aspiration is to see a football team locally in the Premiership to go and watch brings you happy days then you are on the right track - although you won't be watching the real Cardiff city many of us have followed and supported for years.
:lol:

If that was my aspiration, after 46 years of watching, don't you think I'd have fucked off by now :lol: And what is the real cardiff City as you call it, because to me and many others it's more than a badge or a shirt colour.

It's rather like going to watch a band say called " Bee Gees " with a new line up and no original members of the band but singing the same songs .[/quote]

I'd think we'd be struggling if we still had the same players I satrted watching all those years ago, the youbgest of them would be around seventy. :lol: How do you feel honestly when we keep progressing and cahnging managers, players ,owners, badges etc. :lol: Bet you still got gas lights in your house. :lol:

Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:36 pm

:lol:

If that was my aspiration, after 46 years of watching, don't you think I'd have fucked off by now :lol: And what is the real cardiff City as you call it, because to me and many others it's more than a badge or a shirt colour.

It's rather like going to watch a band say called " Bee Gees " with a new line up and no original members of the band but singing the same songs .[/quote]

I'd think we'd be struggling if we still had the same players I satrted watching all those years ago, the youngest of them would be around seventy. :lol: How do you feel honestly when we keep progressing and changing managers, players ,owners, badges etc. :lol: Bet you still got gas lights in your house. :lol:

Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:39 pm

Youll be f*cking knackered if you wanted to see the original Bee Gees now.

Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:39 pm

AndyinHD wrote:
Die Walkure wrote:

It's rather like going to watch a band say called " Bee Gees " with a new line up and no original members of the band but singing the same songs .

Andy, you are entitled to your opinion, although I hope in time you'll reconsider, but for most of the Premiership wold be nice, but isn't the key issue here. Its more about having a club to support, the hole is too deep, we've been heavily in debt for yers and years now, had VT not stepped in we would have gone bust.

I'm hoping the new investment will be the end to the off-field issues dominating our discussions and the worry that any day now the plug will be pulled and we'll go the way of Bradford, Luton, Newport and now Portsmouth.

Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:21 pm

Angry Man wrote:

well the same as what would have happened if he didnt come in liquidation!!! and dont give me that bollocks of scare mongering! city is a buisness if you make money you survive lose money you die its as simple as that in cities case 40mil+ debt plus working at loss adds up to lquidation doesnt it??? admin wouldnt solve the problem!

Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:45 am

Tan's just the Malaysian Glazier. Or should I say, the Madoff of Malaysia.

The debts aren't debts from football expenses. They're debts from him taking cash loans out of the club for himself. In his case, mostly to pay for the purchase of the club. Its standard practice for shysters and charlatans eg Man U, Lpool and many, many others.

Really sad that so many haven't taken the time to realise that. ( The one's that aren't his pr agency plants, anyway).

He hasn't rescued us, he's just tried to f**k us, again and again.
Once people realise, that c**t's toast at this club.

Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:50 am

SavetheBluebirds wrote:Tan's just the Malaysian Glazier. Or should I say, the Madoff of Malaysia.

The debts aren't debts from football expenses. They're debts from him taking cash loans out of the club for himself. In his case, mostly to pay for the purchase of the club. Its standard practice for shysters and charlatans eg Man U, Lpool and many, many others.

How do you take cash loans out of a club with no cash, CONFUSED

Really sad that so many haven't taken the time to realise that. ( The one's that aren't his pr agency plants, anyway).

He hasn't rescued us, he's just tried to f**k us, again and again.
Once people realise, that c**t's toast at this club.

Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:27 am

WE GO CUP IN HAND EVERY MONTH TO HIM, BEST ALL THE ANTI RED REMEMBER THAT. ITS COS OF HIM WE ARE STILL LOOKING FORWARD TO NEXT SEASON> :old:

Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:32 am

Cup in hand

as if we didn't need more evidence for you being a spakker