Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Is it much difference between the Glaziers takeover and this

Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:11 pm

The only different was that United were in the black when they took over. But both clubs are now swimming in debt, both are borrowing more, yet the reaction from fans between what happened there and what happened here is miles apart.

Is this a gamble supporters really want their football club to take..? because if it goes wrong :cry:

Re: Is it much difference between the Glaziers takeover and this

Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:15 pm

Why do you care you aint a city fan :roll:

Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:21 pm

jinks-rct wrote:Why do you care you aint a city fan :roll:

Is that the only response you can come up with..? The club is playing Russian Roulette and thats your response!!! Grow up Jinks FFS

Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:32 pm

Go and play with the trains!

Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:36 pm

Overthemoon wrote:Go and play with the trains!

Well these are the responses of two red supporters. Why didn't Media Wales have an IQ test before people could vote..? :lol:

Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:38 pm

Angry Man wrote:

Well these are the responses of two red supporters. Why didn't Media Wales have an IQ test before people could vote..? :lol:

They should have done the same to all the constituents who voted for you, to get you your one term in office! :P

Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:42 pm

Overthemoon wrote:
Angry Man wrote:

They should have done the same to all the constituents who voted for you, to get you your one term in office! :P

Fully agree as I would have had two terms then ;)

Anyway back to my original point, do you have anything constructive to say or like many other Red supporters are you not recongising the fact that its too much of a gamble..?

Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:45 pm

Angry Man wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:
Angry Man wrote:

Anyway back to my original point, do you have anything constructive to say or like many other Red supporters are you not recongising the fact that its too much of a gamble..?

You've never got anything constructive to say, as you're like a fecking seagull!

You drop your shit all over the board and then feck off!

Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:49 pm

Overthemoon wrote:
Angry Man wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:
Angry Man wrote:

You've never got anything constructive to say, as you're like a fecking seagull!

I rest my case with my IQ statement

Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:52 pm

Angry Man wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:
Angry Man wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:
Angry Man wrote:

If you had one more brain cell you'd be an amoeba!

Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:53 pm

Angry Man wrote:The only different was that United were in the black when they took over. But both clubs are now swimming in debt, both are borrowing more, yet the reaction from fans between what happened there and what happened here is miles apart.

Is this a gamble supporters really want their football club to take..? because if it goes wrong :cry:

you really are thick sometimes which is interesting in its own way
our situation and Manchester United's situation are miles apart
Manchester United are believed to be worth nearly £2billion and their debt is worth approx. £420million so even if their debts were all called in tomorrow even if they had to sell large amounts of their assets they would still be here or be it maybe in league 1.
If our debts were called in tomorrow our club would cease to exist.
theres the difference
Manchester United fans are worried they might not be able to compete at the top level with their debt
Cardiff City fans are worried they might not be able to compete at all.

Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:08 am

JONNY012697 wrote:
Angry Man wrote:The only different was that United were in the black when they took over. But both clubs are now swimming in debt, both are borrowing more, yet the reaction from fans between what happened there and what happened here is miles apart.

Manchester United are believed to be worth nearly £2billion and their debt is worth approx. £420million so even if their debts were all called in tomorrow even if they had to sell large amounts of their assets they would still be here or be it maybe in league 1.
theres the difference
Manchester United fans are worried they might not be able to compete at the top level with their debt

Well as you are a steward and representing the club I think your remark just shows the intelligence levels at the club at times.

Both sets of fans are worried because both board are taking gambles. As you know its all around serviving the debt. As everyone knows United have re-financed on more than one occasion because they are struggling with the terms so if we don't get promoted will we do the same..? United fans protested and showed their anger because they didn't want their club taking such a risk yet ours are prepared to let the owners play Russian Roulette and 'if' they lose then there will we be..?

Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:10 am

Overthemoon wrote:

I rest my case with my IQ statement[/quote]

If you had one more brain cell you'd be an amoeba![/quote]

4 responses now and still nothing constructive. I rest my case

Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:12 am

Angry Man wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:

If you had one more brain cell you'd be an amoeba![/quote]

4 responses now and still nothing constructive. I rest my case[/quote]

It's a stupid comparison, you're trying to stir the shit again, so what's your fecking point? :?

Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:14 am

Overthemoon wrote:
Angry Man wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:

4 responses now and still nothing constructive. I rest my case[/quote]

It's a stupid comparison, you're trying to stir the shit again, so what's your fecking point? :?[/quote]

If you read my comments the comparison is actually are both clubs likely to service the debt if things go tits up

Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:17 am

Angry Man wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:
Angry Man wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:

It's a stupid comparison, you're trying to stir the shit again, so what's your fecking point? :?[/quote]

If you read my comments the comparison is actually are both clubs likely to service the debt if things go tits up[/quote]

As I said it's s stupid comparison, as Man Utd have got a turnover that our club can only dream about!

Their turnover is far more than their debt, where our turnover is far less than our debt!

We'd be in the shit, where they wouldn't be!

Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:20 am

Overthemoon wrote:
Angry Man wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:
Angry Man wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:

It's a stupid comparison, you're trying to stir the shit again, so what's your fecking point? :?

If you read my comments the comparison is actually are both clubs likely to service the debt if things go tits up[/quote]

As I said it's s stupid comparison, as Man Utd have got a turnover that our club can only dream about!

Their turnover is far more than their debt, where our turnover is far less than our debt!

We'd be in the shit, where they wouldn't be![/quote]

yet their fans still play holy hell over it and our fans roll over and take it

Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:23 am

Angry Man wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:
Angry Man wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:
Angry Man wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:

If you read my comments the comparison is actually are both clubs likely to service the debt if things go tits up

We'd be in the shit, where they wouldn't be![/quote]

yet their fans still play holy hell over it and our fans roll over and take it[/quote]

You're trying to shit stir again and being boring!

If you want to debate more sensible matters that haven't beel flogged to death already, then feel free!

Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:30 am

Angry Man wrote:
JONNY012697 wrote:

theres the difference

Well as you are a steward and representing the club I think your remark just shows the intelligence levels at the club at times.

Both sets of fans are worried because both board are taking gambles. As you know its all around serviving the debt. As everyone knows United have re-financed on more than one occasion because they are struggling with the terms so if we don't get promoted will we do the same..? United fans protested and showed their anger because they didn't want their club taking such a risk yet ours are prepared to let the owners play Russian Roulette and 'if' they lose then there will we be..?

wow the steward thing havent had that thrown at me for a while lol
and I dont represent the club when it comes to the financial side so your argument is flawed
I am a steward, Im also I supporter of Cardiff City which is why im not a steward at Swansea and trust me they pay more.
clubs always make gambles, the whole football industry is based on a gamble, that gamble being winning football games which leads to promotions and winning silverware.
Sams gamble payed off as in we are playing at a higher level than where we once were, it also failed as in the financial mess we are in.
If the gamble pays off we play at a higher level if it doesnt we either stay where we are or in a lower position. The responsibility comes when the board decide can they afford the gamble if things go wrong. In the opinion of Manchester United fans they are concerned that they will start going backwards based on their boards decisions. If our board dont play this situation correctly we may cease to exist, but if our board didnt exist as it does we wouldnt have a football club.
Its very simple logic and not hard to figure out.
Manchester United want glory at the top level.
Cardiff City just want to have a football club and not an empty space where one used to be.
By the way its surviving not serviving and im not sure what 'there will we be' means I assume you meant 'where will we be'

Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:43 am

JONNY012697 wrote:wow the steward thing, haven't had that thrown at me for a while lol

You're lucky Polo has retired from the board! :) :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:46 am

Overthemoon wrote:
JONNY012697 wrote:wow the steward thing, haven't had that thrown at me for a while lol

yes thats true I do miss him in a weird way though lol

Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:48 am

JONNY012697 wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:

yes thats true I do miss him in a weird way though lol

Same here! :) :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:27 am

You ask a question and all you have had is "do you have a brain cell" "f**k off" "you dont support cardiff city" .... Some rite toads on here :lol:
You can not win eitherway adam . :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:13 am

bluebird1977 wrote:You ask a question and all you have had is "do you have a brain cell" "f**k off" "you dont support cardiff city" .... Some rite toads on here :lol:
You can not win eitherway adam . :ayatollah:

Come on Tugger, surely even you can see that he was trying to stir the shit and that it was a stupid comparison? :?

Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:25 am

Overthemoon wrote:
Angry Man wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:
Angry Man wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:28 am

jinks-rct wrote:Why do you care you aint a city fan :roll:

This should ov been end ov thread

Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:37 am

Angry man is an idiot the glaziers borrowed money to buy Man U whereas VT is putting his own money in to buy us.

Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:42 am

Igovernor wrote:Angry man is an idiot the glaziers borrowed money to buy Man U whereas VT is putting his own money in to buy us.

I agree Angry is a f*cking idiot but VT has loaned us money with interest in top so there are similarities.

Its debt whichever way you look at it

Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:49 am

But if as he says he will convert that debt into shares, then we will at that point have no debt :thumbup:

Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:52 am

Igovernor wrote:But if as he says he will convert that debt into shares, then we will at that point have no debt :thumbup:

Thats a big "If" and ultimately the £100m question.