Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

How Will The Club Look and Be In 5 Years Time ?

Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:31 pm

My opinion is the following.

1. Playing in red, with an extended stadium in a sea of red seats. The full brand of Cardiff City will be red with blue forgotten forever to the history books including the Bluebird.

2.The Club playing top flight football in the Premiership to a full house every week of fans coming all across the UK to watch the team.

3. A multi culture fan base of season ticket holders.

4. TV rights sold across Asian networks in both Malaysia and China.

5. A Stadium fully named branded to brands from the Far East.

6. Sky High season ticket prices.

7. Corporate facilities at Stadium extended.

8. Possibly some Asian players like Man Utd have with Park

9. A whole new fan base in the main of new supporters, just like at Chelsea these days.

10. New training facilities with open days to visitors with state of the art facilities to match the best in the premiership and used by the Academy too.

Re: How Will The Club Look and Be In 5 Years Time ?

Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:33 pm

AndyinHD wrote:My opinion is the following.

1. Playing in red, with an extended stadium in a sea of red seats. The full brand of Cardiff City will be red with blue forgotten forever to the history books including the Bluebird.

2.The Club playing top flight football in the Premiership to a full house every week of fans coming all across the UK to watch the team.

9. A whole new fan base in the main of new supporters, just like at Chelsea these days.

10. New training facilities with open days to visitors with state of the art facilities to match the best in the premiership and used by the Academy too.

Are u VT/TG's, PA ?

Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:34 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Are u VT/TG's, PA ?

Not at all. I'm in the Blue camp as some would call it.

Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:36 pm

The Asian thing is a fallacy. Park & Kagawa are fantastic players.

Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:37 pm

The Lad wrote:The Asian thing is a fallacy. Park & Kagawa are fantastic players.
Maybe but they also attract a National audience too.

Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:07 pm

I would prefer to be playing in blue, the club badge staying the same , standing on the terraces or the other teams end. Dressed head to toe in the up to date fashion , going away on a persil ticket or student rail card, Or travelling up to a game in the back of a transit bus. Having a drink with all the lads without a care in the world , taking liberties in some shite city especially Swansea . f**k the corporate coffee and biscuits. Scalding bovril and a mars bar, £ 3 to get in or jumping the turnstyle. Singing our hearts out win or lose. Walking down sloper road in the rain after losing badly saying that's the last time I watch that shite, only to go the next match! f**k knows why. Just for the crack I suppose. It's long gone but I always remember the buzz and the stained white walls of Ninian Park. :old: :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:10 pm

cardiff yid wrote:I would prefer to be playing in blue, the club badge staying the same , standing on the terraces or the other teams end. Dressed head to toe in the up to date fashion , going away on a persil ticket or student rail card, Or travelling up to a game in the back of a transit bus. Having a drink with all the lads without a care in the world , taking liberties in some shite city especially Swansea . f**k the corporate coffee and biscuits. Scalding bovril and a mars bar, £ 3 to get in or jumping the turnstyle. Singing our hearts out win or lose. Walking down sloper road in the rain after losing badly saying that's the last time I watch that shite, only to go the next match! f**k knows why. Just for the crack I suppose. It's long gone but I always remember the buzz and the stained white walls of Ninian Park. :old: :ayatollah:

Agree.But as you say it's probably long gone.

Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:15 pm

Does anybody really believe that the Malaysians will get CCFC (if it's still called that) into the Premier League? League 1 more like it. Even in the PL, loads of seats go unsold every week, so why would people travel to see Cardiff Chinese Dragons?

Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:31 pm

llangainbluebird wrote:Does anybody really believe that the Malaysians will get CCFC (if it's still called that) into the Premier League? League 1 more like it. Even in the PL, loads of seats go unsold every week, so why would people travel to see Cardiff Chinese Dragons?

Yes I think "we" will get to the Premership. Be no chance of empty seats. The Far East follow their own and having their " own" premiership club will attract in mass.

Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:33 pm

Similar to Darlington

Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:34 pm

playing in blue as the malasians will be long gone with the money they have pillaged from the club
The club playing lower league football to a mostly empty stadium after entering administration after the malaysian departure
A small band of real fans who will follow their club no matter what
chances of seeing CCFC on tv very slim
if we have still got a stadium it wont have anything far eastern in it.
season tickets pirces lol you will have trouble giving them away
corporate customers long since deserted the club
The cheapest players we can get to keep the club afloat
the original fanbase not all these fair weather supporters who wont watch the club unless they are doing well
Training on the nearest recreation ground as paying for training facilities wont be in the budget

I know thats a worst case scenario way of looking at it but without any guarantees (something so far the malaysians have refused to give) then that is what could possibly happen

Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:36 pm

AndyinHD wrote:
llangainbluebird wrote:Does anybody really believe that the Malaysians will get CCFC (if it's still called that) into the Premier League? League 1 more like it. Even in the PL, loads of seats go unsold every week, so why would people travel to see Cardiff Chinese Dragons?

Yes I think "we" will get to the Premership. Be no chance of empty seats. The Far East follow their own and having their " own" premiership club will attract in mass.

Will be plenty of empty seats for all games apart from the top 6 if they expand to 35,000. Not much difference playing West ham, Newcastle, west brom, reading etc in championship to playing in premiership and we only sold 23,000 for play off match against west ham.

Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:39 pm

bspark wrote:
AndyinHD wrote:

Will be plenty of empty seats for all games apart from the top 6 if they expand to 35,000. Not much difference playing West ham, Newcastle, west brom, reading etc in championship to playing in premiership and we only sold 23,000 for play off match against west ham.

I'm sure they haven't rebranded to cater for the current fan base number and aim to attract a far larger audience.

Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:43 pm

Debt up to our eyeballs

Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:44 pm

AndyinHD wrote:
bspark wrote:
AndyinHD wrote:

I'm sure they haven't rebranded to cater for the current fan base number and aim to attract a far larger audience.

Interesting, a larger audience who aren't interested in watching west ham in a play off semi but are willing to watch west ham in a basement premier league clash at double the prices because Cardiff are playing in red. Why haven't the reached out to these 12,000 enigmas before?

Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:44 pm

I think we'll be playing in blue after the Malaysians bugger off with all their cash, have a real badge again. 35,000 seater stadium, state of the art corporate facilities.

BUT, back to playing in the Championship at the wrong end. We'll be left with virtually no money at all

Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:13 pm

From This , http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5184/568 ... d058e3.jpg

TO

http://www.vagabondjourney.com/travelog ... p-fans.jpg

Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:51 am

The Malaysians will not "bugger off" as you put it - they will sell up after making a great success of their re branding . The new owner will remain a red . Blue is gone forever.

Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:59 am

Angry Man wrote:Debt up to our eyeballs

There will be no debt until the rebrand is re sold to the next buyer. Tan is a frugal investor he will turn it around his way make a clean profit and then move on possibly.