Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: MAD CLUB BUT HEY, OUR CLUB !

Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:40 pm

New signings and the start of the season will test the appetite for wanting change. But I won't give in.

Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:44 pm

EastleighBlue wrote:I don't eat snickers every saturday, spend a fortune travelling the country to eat snickers, feel gutted if I lose my snickers and feel my weekend is complete if I have eaten a good snickers. Why do people not understand the emotional connection of football? Especially Malayasian businessmen.

They don't. Although emotional football fans don't rebuild balance sheets and make profitable Companies in the main stay of things.

Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:47 pm

Why dont they just keep old badge and swap dragon with the bluebird.

Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:54 pm

If they (the owners) had a PR department, they'd see that using the current badge instead of this cheap poorly designed dragon would go a long way to repairing the relationship with the fans.

I don't think the can see it though.

Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:08 pm

NickPenarth wrote:If they (the owners) had a PR department, they'd see that using the current badge instead of this cheap poorly designed dragon would go a long way to repairing the relationship with the fans.

I don't think the can see it though.

What will build a relationship which will solely be formed on turnstyle figures and ticket sales will be based on what they achieve on the pitch and by what players they sign. The day of the " fan" being close to the board will be totally eradicated. So will say that's a good thing others will think it's a bad thing.

Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:08 pm

carlccfc wrote:
JONNY012697 wrote:your on a losing streak with trying to keep the badge im afraid to say.
clubs change their badges all the time
we in our history have changed our badge 5 or 6 times and thats just from the top of my head
your better off fighting for the club colours

The colour is the important part of the re branding process for VT so I feel that would be pointless at this juncture to try and change but I do feel there will be changes to the badge before the start of the season.

Would you be ok with the old badge, but with the Dragon centre stage, and the Bluebird in the old place where the Dragon was?

I would be fine with that personally - and whilst I have no major problem with the badge they've shown, I would prefer that idea :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:15 pm

Die Walkure wrote:
carlccfc wrote:
JONNY012697 wrote:your on a losing streak with trying to keep the badge im afraid to say.
we in our history have changed our badge 5 or 6 times and thats just from the top of my head

The colour is the important part of the re branding process for VT so I feel that would be pointless at this juncture to try and change but I do feel there will be changes to the badge before the start of the season.

Would you be ok with the old badge, but with the Dragon centre stage, and the Bluebird in the old place where the Dragon was?

I would be fine with that personally - and whilst I have no major problem with the badge they've shown, I would prefer that idea :ayatollah:

I would rather keep the badge we currently have which already has the dragon on it.

Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:38 pm

carlccfc wrote:On Wednesday I wrote in my column in the Echo that I will lobby to bring back the blue, I am not pretending that I can win the day or anything of the sort but if done correctly and without the vitriol then I see no harm in at least trying to get some change on the total re-branding of Cardiff City FC.

Firstly, I want Vincent Tans money, I want him to invest the money that we have been told he is offering. Why do I want it?

It is not because we could be playing Premiership football, it is not about bringing transfer records but I believe and we have to give him time to deliver on the debt to equity plan we have been promised. That is why I support the investment package.

I don't want to see the Bluebirds running out in red but unfortunately we all know without his vision of our future, unless we play in red he will not put in the money to secure the long term future of this club.

But what I don't understand and cannot accept is, that there can be no compromise on the badge.

If VT believes that strongly in red then he has got his wish but why can't it be the current badge on his red shirt ?

If there was a change and the badge was put back to our current badge then I think it may go some way to repairing the hurt and offence that has been caused, even though I accept that the Malaysians never intended to cause offence.

I don't want to run them out of town but step by step I believe we can at least try and work on a compromise to start.

At last a man who is talking sense. Our new badge is shite, wounds might heal if this new badge could be shelved. It is not worthy on the front of our stadium. It belongs on a beer Matt
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:52 pm

Pathetic Carl. The Malaysians are taking the piss. They have torn the heart out of our club. Cardiff City are a joke. Imagine this happening to Pompey or Rangers. Neither can I. This grovelling to is sickening.

Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:08 pm

carlccfc wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:I don't mind a new badge, I've got a montage of City heros over the years on my wall at work and there are at least 6 different badges there, but surely we can do better than that sad effort we've been presented with.

That is why Tim I would rather go with the one we know and not the cheap, tacky looking effort that is now proposed.

Proposed? it's on the shirts, which btw have been made!

Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:13 pm

I haven,t posted for a while ,as like most of us i am still trying to come to terms with the changes. i feel to a certain extent like a part of me is dead. state of shock. the new badge is awful.
fair play to the ones that have designed and posted their efforts. some are fantastic.
i know we will all still shout bluebirds at our lads on the pitch, and in my heart we will always be the bluebirds, no one can take that away from me.
will it feel like a different team running out there? i dont know.
maybe at first but i think after a lot of consideration and soul searching, i will still be following my local club, CARDIFF CITY THE BLUEBIRDS. red or blue i will be there.
i know the hurt runs deep, very deep and it has hurt me seeing fellow supporters, brothers almost , laying in to each other. we can get through this. lets lobby, lets make ourselves heard, constructively.
otherwise this division amongst ourselves will go to far.
:(

Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:13 pm

I haven,t posted for a while ,as like most of us i am still trying to come to terms with the changes. i feel to a certain extent like a part of me is dead. state of shock. the new badge is awful.
fair play to the ones that have designed and posted their efforts. some are fantastic.
i know we will all still shout bluebirds at our lads on the pitch, and in my heart we will always be the bluebirds, no one can take that away from me.
will it feel like a different team running out there? i dont know.
maybe at first but i think after a lot of consideration and soul searching, i will still be following my local club, CARDIFF CITY THE BLUEBIRDS. red or blue i will be there.
i know the hurt runs deep, very deep and it has hurt me seeing fellow supporters, brothers almost , laying in to each other. we can get through this. lets lobby, lets make ourselves heard, constructively.
otherwise this division amongst ourselves will go to far.
:(

Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:01 pm

i wouldnt want the dragon in the centre, as carl said the dragon is already on there and the club have said we are still called the bluebirds so the bluebird should be centre stage ? I also hate that stupid fire & passion thing there is no need for that on any badge ?

Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:18 pm

carlccfc wrote:
Die Walkure wrote:
carlccfc wrote:

I would rather keep the badge we currently have which already has the dragon on it.

Good luck Carl and I hope you are successful. It would be great if something can start pulling the fans back together again even if it won't be enough for some. At least you'll be doing it in professional, considered and respectful way that many on this forum could learn

Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:11 am

Sensible post and attitude Carl. We have to try to negotiate bit by bit.

I want to see this club establish itself in the Premier League, and just about every other club in the Football League would love to have the chance at this level of investment. The change in colours is a bit of an odd request in some ways, but lets get the club financially stable first, then hopefully change the colours back later.

We have to accept that English football (as we are a part of the English pyramid) is an international product, and to get a slice of the action we have to embrace the ideas and whims of foreign owners, no matter what nationality. Yes, its a risk, and we know that other clubs have had their fingers burned (notably Portsmouth). No-one gets to be a billionaire (or even a millionaire) without one or two questionable tactics in business from time to time. However, I think that the business interests of Vincent Tan and TG stand up to much more scrutiny than some other owners of big clubs.

As you can see from my Avatar, I am accepting of the changes. Having considered things, I would also probably wear a new red shirt to the first home game of the season, because I think it is important to show support to the team on the field and the WHOLE club from top to bottom. If you asked me whether I would prefer to be blue - of course I would. I'm not pro-red, I'm pro-investment.

I have no proof, but I'm pretty sure we're in the overwhelming majority. :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:24 am

MAD CLUB BUT HEY, OUR CLUB ! - Its nowhere near are club if it was are club we would have a say in things atleast not bent over a barrel and have to take it this way and if we dont like it then oh well you can take it that way, thats whats gone on :oops:

Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:51 am

As you are aware I'm strongly in Favour of us keeping some of our Identity and think this idea is a proactive approach to at least try and compromise and do something to protect what Identity we have left.

Whatever the next steps are in approaching this issue constructively, you can count me in 100%

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:22 am

That's a fab compromise play in red but leave our badge as it is,I'd be well happy with that,so VTgets his shirt colour & we as fans get our badge back,whomever in the club can influence this please please do so,also think fans would be a little more likley to buy a red shirt with our original badge on the shirt than that pathetic excuse of a badge that we have to put up with at present,I really hope common sense prevails here!

Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:37 am

I still support Cardiff City, but its DEF not our club anymore, did they ask the 18,600 season ticket holders what they wanted Carl ?

Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:03 am

Forever Blue wrote:I still support Cardiff City, but its DEF not our club anymore, did they ask the 18,600 season ticket holders what they wanted Carl ?

When has it ever been our club? I've never been asked about anything, like when Sam changed the badge or introduced the st Davids cross. Or anything before or since. And even if we had so called fan representatives, they still haven't asked me anything. Football is a not a cooperative, however ideal that may seem.

Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:25 am

carlccfc wrote:
EastleighBlue wrote:I hope we can win compromise through sensible and sustained pressure on the club. Those fans who are not in favour of these changes have the right to contact the club, express their views on message boards, protest (peacefully) at games and boycott wearing or buying any of the eventual new red merchandise. There are of course no gurantees that the club will listen but I would urge any supporter who is not happy with the changes not to accept them and stick to their principles. Lets hope some unified voices particularly at games will eventualy register with the club and they give back something, if not all of our proud heritage. As you say it is 'our club'.

And that is why I want to at least try and get something back, something I believe can be negotiated.

VT doesn't give two hoots what you or I think. I doubt it very much that fans will be able to negotiate with him.

Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:32 am

carlccfc wrote:On Wednesday I wrote in my column in the Echo that I will lobby to bring back the blue, I am not pretending that I can win the day or anything of the sort but if done correctly and without the vitriol then I see no harm in at least trying to get some change on the total re-branding of Cardiff City FC.

Firstly, I want Vincent Tans money, I want him to invest the money that we have been told he is offering. Why do I want it?

It is not because we could be playing Premiership football, it is not about bringing transfer records but I believe and we have to give him time to deliver on the debt to equity plan we have been promised. That is why I support the investment package.

I don't want to see the Bluebirds running out in red but unfortunately we all know without his vision of our future, unless we play in red he will not put in the money to secure the long term future of this club.

But what I don't understand and cannot accept is, that there can be no compromise on the badge.

If VT believes that strongly in red then he has got his wish but why can't it be the current badge on his red shirt ?

If there was a change and the badge was put back to our current badge then I think it may go some way to repairing the hurt and offence that has been caused, even though I accept that the Malaysians never intended to cause offence.

I don't want to run them out of town but step by step I believe we can at least try and work on a compromise to start.

Carl I dont agree with none of it the clubs identity and soul is priceless to me but looking at the way things are if we could get have of the identity back then its a good start and a compromise .

Go for it Carl and if you need any support give me a shout.

Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:38 am

carlccfc wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:I don't mind a new badge, I've got a montage of City heros over the years on my wall at work and there are at least 6 different badges there, but surely we can do better than that sad effort we've been presented with.

That is why Tim I would rather go with the one we know and not the cheap, tacky looking effort that is now proposed.

Carl how about the one in this thread, looks pretty good to me if we do have to change....

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=83225

Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:35 pm

Bluebina wrote:
carlccfc wrote:

Carl how about the one in this thread, looks pretty good to me if we do have to change....

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=83225

I second that it's brilliant. Hope Carl can take this forward

Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:42 pm

llangainbluebird wrote:Pathetic Carl. The Malaysians are taking the piss. They have torn the heart out of our club. Cardiff City are a joke. Imagine this happening to Pompey or Rangers. Neither can I. This grovelling to is sickening.

say something positive for once please!! at least carl is trying to balance things out! even if it is on a knife edge!!