Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MAD CLUB BUT HEY, OUR CLUB !

Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:50 pm

On Wednesday I wrote in my column in the Echo that I will lobby to bring back the blue, I am not pretending that I can win the day or anything of the sort but if done correctly and without the vitriol then I see no harm in at least trying to get some change on the total re-branding of Cardiff City FC.

Firstly, I want Vincent Tans money, I want him to invest the money that we have been told he is offering. Why do I want it?

It is not because we could be playing Premiership football, it is not about bringing transfer records but I believe and we have to give him time to deliver on the debt to equity plan we have been promised. That is why I support the investment package.

I don't want to see the Bluebirds running out in red but unfortunately we all know without his vision of our future, unless we play in red he will not put in the money to secure the long term future of this club.

But what I don't understand and cannot accept is, that there can be no compromise on the badge.

If VT believes that strongly in red then he has got his wish but why can't it be the current badge on his red shirt ?

If there was a change and the badge was put back to our current badge then I think it may go some way to repairing the hurt and offence that has been caused, even though I accept that the Malaysians never intended to cause offence.

I don't want to run them out of town but step by step I believe we can at least try and work on a compromise to start.

Re: MAD CLUB BUT HEY, OUR CLUB !

Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:55 pm

as much as i would love to keep our current badge, i believe its a non starter because they wanted a dragon to act as a fusion of wales and the asian market right? so i dont think he will let that happen and probably say ive comprimised and put the bluebird back on the badge, no harm in trying though :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:56 pm

I don't mind a new badge, I've got a montage of City heros over the years on my wall at work and there are at least 6 different badges there, but surely we can do better than that sad effort we've been presented with.

citybluechris wrote:as much as i would love to keep our current badge, i believe its a non starter because they wanted a dragon to act as a fusion of wales and the asian market right? so i dont think he will let that happen and probably say ive comprimised and put the bluebird back on the badge, no harm in trying though :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

There is a Dragon on the current badge Chris.

I think that would make huge strides in repairing a lot of things if they let us keep the badge, top post :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:57 pm

Lawnmower wrote:I don't mind a new badge, I've got a montage of City heros over the years on my wall at work and there are at least 6 different badges there, but surely we can do better than that sad effort we've been presented with.

That is why Tim I would rather go with the one we know and not the cheap, tacky looking effort that is now proposed.

Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:58 pm

Why compromise ? Why does he need to? His business plan will be a lot larger than worrying about 20,000 regulars. There is no money to be made just supporting financially those 20,000 peoples different opinions . Especially not worth investing millions in to.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=83310 :ayatollah:

Marc wrote:I think that would make huge strides in repairing a lot of things if they let us keep the badge, top post :ayatollah:

Marc, we have to start somewhere and where better than the logo.

Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:00 pm

carlccfc wrote:
citybluechris wrote:as much as i would love to keep our current badge, i believe its a non starter because they wanted a dragon to act as a fusion of wales and the asian market right? so i dont think he will let that happen and probably say ive comprimised and put the bluebird back on the badge, no harm in trying though :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

yes i no there is but its not the main focus isit and with all the proposed exposure over asia market they would want the dragon be the main foucs

Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:04 pm

I understand all the arguments for red, and while I don't agree with the rebranding, if they had to do it couldn't they have chosen a better shade? Its horrible and with the black shorts and trim it just looks shocking. Coupled with the badge we will look like a pub team and I am really not sure how I will feel when I see them run out wearing that next season.

Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:05 pm

carlccfc wrote:
Marc wrote:I think that would make huge strides in repairing a lot of things if they let us keep the badge, top post :ayatollah:

Marc, we have to start somewhere and where better than the logo.

New fans will accept the new badge.

Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:05 pm

Hate the new badge because it's a piss poor effort and makes only a token gesture towards our Bluebirds identity :( however like many others i can't walk away from the Club i love but will support any sensible effort to retain our current badge :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:09 pm

blueheaven wrote:Hate the new badge because it's a piss poor effort and makes only a token gesture towards our Bluebirds identity :( however like many others i can't walk away from the Club i love but will support any sensible effort to retain our current badge :ayatollah:

The badge is for the Asian attraction and the new proposed customer base . The new regime have far more important issues to turn around a financial mess I'm sure. Every fan every opinion will not ensure the loss of financial blood flow. The new badge is a plaster financially.

Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:12 pm

I hope we can win compromise through sensible and sustained pressure on the club. Those fans who are not in favour of these changes have the right to contact the club, express their views on message boards, protest (peacefully) at games and boycott wearing or buying any of the eventual new red merchandise. There are of course no gurantees that the club will listen but I would urge any supporter who is not happy with the changes not to accept them and stick to their principles. Lets hope some unified voices particularly at games will eventualy register with the club and they give back something, if not all of our proud heritage. As you say it is 'our club'.

Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:14 pm

AndyinHD wrote:
blueheaven wrote:Hate the new badge because it's a piss poor effort and makes only a token gesture towards our Bluebirds identity :( however like many others i can't walk away from the Club i love but will support any sensible effort to retain our current badge :ayatollah:

The badge is for the Asian attraction and the new proposed customer base . The new regime have far more important issues to turn around a financial mess I'm sure. Every fan every opinion will not ensure the loss of financial blood flow. The new badge is a plaster financially.

The Malaysians obviously have a marketing strategy and their own reasons for changing the badge but i just don't like it :(

Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:15 pm

EastleighBlue wrote:I hope we can win compromise through sensible and sustained pressure on the club. Those fans who are not in favour of these changes have the right to contact the club, express their views on message boards, protest (peacefully) at games and boycott wearing or buying any of the eventual new red merchandise. There are of course no gurantees that the club will listen but I would urge any supporter who is not happy with the changes not to accept them and stick to their principles. Lets hope some unified voices particularly at games will eventualy register with the club and they give back something, if not all of our proud heritage. As you say it is 'our club'.

And that is why I want to at least try and get something back, something I believe can be negotiated.

carlccfc wrote:

Carl,

What is your gut feeling on this? Are we going to be making progress or taking backward steps over the next season or two?

EastleighBlue wrote:I hope we can win compromise through sensible and sustained pressure on the club. Those fans who are not in favour of these changes have the right to contact the club, express their views on message boards, protest (peacefully) at games and boycott wearing or buying any of the eventual new red merchandise. There are of course no gurantees that the club will listen but I would urge any supporter who is not happy with the changes not to accept them and stick to their principles. Lets hope some unified voices particularly at games will eventualy register with the club and they give back something, if not all of our proud heritage. As you say it is 'our club'.

What benefit would there be to listen? How will that fit the business model and plan to turnabout a club in financial dire. Straights?

Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:17 pm

Reality Bites wrote:
carlccfc wrote:

Carl,

What is your gut feeling on this? Are we going to be making progress or taking backward steps over the next season or two?

Progress.

Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:19 pm

carlccfc wrote:
Reality Bites wrote:
carlccfc wrote:

Carl,

Progress.

Carl, without doubt progress but how do you see this progress being made to turn around the failing business model ?

Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:21 pm

carlccfc wrote:On Wednesday I wrote in my column in the Echo that I will lobby to bring back the blue, I am not pretending that I can win the day or anything of the sort but if done correctly and without the vitriol then I see no harm in at least trying to get some change on the total re-branding of Cardiff City FC.

Firstly, I want Vincent Tans money, I want him to invest the money that we have been told he is offering. Why do I want it?

It is not because we could be playing Premiership football, it is not about bringing transfer records but I believe and we have to give him time to deliver on the debt to equity plan we have been promised. That is why I support the investment package.

I don't want to see the Bluebirds running out in red but unfortunately we all know without his vision of our future, unless we play in red he will not put in the money to secure the long term future of this club.

But what I don't understand and cannot accept is, that there can be no compromise on the badge.

If VT believes that strongly in red then he has got his wish but why can't it be the current badge on his red shirt ?

If there was a change and the badge was put back to our current badge then I think it may go some way to repairing the hurt and offence that has been caused, even though I accept that the Malaysians never intended to cause offence.

I don't want to run them out of town but step by step I believe we can at least try and work on a compromise to start.

Simple, because its a rebrand. In the wider market place you don't simply re-brand necessarily by changing the colour, you do it by changing the logo, or in a football club's case the badge.

Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:26 pm

Natman Blue wrote:
carlccfc wrote:On Wednesday I wrote in my column in the Echo that I will lobby to bring back the blue, I am not pretending that I can win the day or anything of the sort but if done correctly and without the vitriol then I see no harm in at least trying to get some change on the total re-branding of Cardiff City FC.

Simple, because its a rebrand. In the wider market place you don't simply re-brand necessarily by changing the colour, you do it by changing the logo, or in a football club's case the badge.

The prominent issue that has been put forward has been the colour change and that is what VT sees as the important factor, I agree that re-branding means logo change as well but the emphasis from the club as been colour.

Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:26 pm

Exactly Natman. You also rebrand to reach a new and wider audience . A refresh is another term. More people now eat far more " Snickers" than they did Marathon chocolate Bars . The major increase was due to the Amercian UK resident taking on board the re brand .

Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:27 pm

your on a losing streak with trying to keep the badge im afraid to say.
clubs change their badges all the time
we in our history have changed our badge 5 or 6 times and thats just from the top of my head
your better off fighting for the club colours

Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:32 pm

I don't eat snickers every saturday, spend a fortune travelling the country to eat snickers, feel gutted if I lose my snickers and feel my weekend is complete if I have eaten a good snickers. Why do people not understand the emotional connection of football? Especially Malayasian businessmen.

Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:33 pm

Your better off giving up fighting and accepting the drastic changes that will take place now and in the future as Vincent Tan and his consortium turnaround massively a failing Company with huge losses into a Company of financial strength and structure their way of which they have proven track record of doing so.

They bought into a football club for a reason and no doubt it wasn't for the love of football.

Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:35 pm

carl more worrying to me is that i hope we dont end up calling our selves the redbirds or the red dragons or the dragons it has all ready crept into the media and my 5 year old grandson(season ticket holder for the second year this year)has allready said to me are we now the dragons gramps ,i hope there will be no chanting home or away of any new names and the chants of blue birds will remain cos thats the way we like it :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:36 pm

AndyinHD wrote:Your better off giving up fighting and accepting the drastic changes that will take place now and in the future as Vincent Tan and his consortium turnaround massively a failing Company with huge losses into a Company of financial strength and structure their way of which they have proven track record of doing so.

They bought into a football club for a reason and no doubt it wasn't for the love of football.

No doubt they are not in it for love but I don't understand the better off giving up and just accept.

Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:38 pm

JONNY012697 wrote:your on a losing streak with trying to keep the badge im afraid to say.
clubs change their badges all the time
we in our history have changed our badge 5 or 6 times and thats just from the top of my head
your better off fighting for the club colours

The colour is the important part of the re branding process for VT so I feel that would be pointless at this juncture to try and change but I do feel there will be changes to the badge before the start of the season.