Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" FRACTURED RELATIONSHIPS & FRIENDSHIPS "

Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:21 pm

First & foremost guys before I get any fcuk off you QPR c*nt etc :lol: I am a Rangers man yes but first & foremost I'm a football fan & very much enjoy watching, listening to & reading anything football related.

Although our clubs have been rivals as such for quite a few years now I enjoy this site as there is some top lads on here & some great football chat / debates to be had & for me personally reading about QPR all the time gets a bit boring so I enjoy coming on here for a different perspective.

OK enough of my waffle the point of this thread is this;

All clubs, forums, groups etc have a bit of in house bickering but what I've read on here the last few days is quite alarming to be honest. This whole re branding situation really looks like it has split the fan base down the middle & caused waves right across South Wales and much further beyond. Although many on here don't know each other & are unlikely to meet each other its clear there are plenty on here who do know each other & are already at each others throats over this whole affair. Its a hard enough situation to deal with a re branding process without friendships being broken or life long friends who happen to sit on either side the fence falling out.

If that does happen then the future will be very bleak regardless of what happens. I personally feel you all have to move in the right direction whatever your feelings are on the matter. I guess its a case of not cutting off your nose to spite your face. Obviously feelings are running high & I've heard plenty say they will not be attending Cardiff games again, others saying they will refuse to buy merchandise, others saying they are done with it whilst the Malaysians are in charge & lets be honest all of those things mean only one thing, Cardiff City Football Club suffers.

You absolutely HAVE to give the owners the chance to try & make this work in the short term (next season & possibly season after) they have made a massive decision & have injected & it seems will further inject massive funds for your club so the least they deserve imo is your 100% support.

Yes it hurts, you probably are hard headed like myself & won't want to listen to a view opposite of your own but I honestly feel if your fan base is divided then you will be partly responsible for your failure if that's how it turns out. If you say OK you know what this fcuking stinks but OK come on Vincent Tan show me big players, show me debts being paid, show me expansion & if it gets you promotion & makes CCFC a global brand as the owners think it will then surely you are all winners?

I genuinely hope whatever happens people who have watched CCFC for years & friends and friendships will remain intact forever more & not be fractured by the actions of owners who in reality know fcuk all about your club or your history.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: FRACTURED RELATIONSHIPS & FRIENDSHIPS

Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:24 pm

Top post fella :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:28 pm

Cheers Stan, much appreciated. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sadly what has happened has divided us big time, never before has it been so bad between our own fans, as u know I will always be Blue and for our Badge and of course will always remain a Bluebird and we are hurting and I am shocked how so many have turned to Red, but I will have to accept their choice, but I am not happy and believe we should of stood for what we have always known and been in our years of supporting our great club. I hope one day we all unite again under the colour of Blue. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:31 pm

F**k off u QPR c**t

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Stan, how the hell are ya fella

Your right in what u say, there is a huge divide. I for one hated it when news struck, but have accepted it now.

But I won't be buyin any red merchandise this season, fact.

But as u say we must let them have a go and see what happens..

My fear that if promotion don't come this season coming then it's gonna get ugly I think

Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:31 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Cheers Stan, much appreciated. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sadly what has happened has divided us big time, never before has it been so bad between our own fans, as u know I will always be Blue and for our Badge and of course will always remain a Bluebird and we are hurting and I am shocked how so many have turned to Red, but I will have to accept their choice, but I am not happy and believe we should of stood for what we have always known and been in our years of supporting our great club. I hope one day we all unite again under the colour of Blue. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Annis, again what alternatives are there?? Simple question all the pro-reds would like an answer on.

Shocked or not things have changed and like Stan has said, give them a chance.

Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:32 pm

I reckon we will be Annis keep the faith! :ayatollah:

Once we get big I think we will swap back :)

Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:35 pm

caerdydd_78 wrote:

Annis, again what alternatives are there?? Simple question all the pro-reds would like an answer on.

I am not going to go over what I have already stated, you have all been black mailed, you have been dictated to. Yes were over £80 mill in debt, but who made most of that debt ?who runs our club ?who has for the last 2 years ?
What do other clubs do ?

Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:36 pm

CardiffCityHD wrote:

I reckon we will be Annis keep the faith! :ayatollah:

Once we get big I think we will swap back :)

I really hope so, it seems like a horrible nightmare.

Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:37 pm

Starting endless threads on the same topic is fuelling the argument and maintaining the divide. Can't you start some rebuilding with some positivity since many out there seem to hang of your every word? Or if not at least relent for a while.

Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:43 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
caerdydd_78 wrote:

I am not going to go over what I have already stated, you have all been black mailed, you have been dictated to. Yes were over £80 mill in debt, but who made most of that debt ?who runs our club ?who has for the last 2 years ?
What do other clubs do ?

Blackmailed how?? Please explain.

Who made that debt?? The debts are clearly visible in the financial accounts for 2011 and next year we will all see what has increased, but you should also know that it's not cheap running a club in the championship successfully when we are not generating enough income to support the costs being spent to try to obtain premiership football. We have had two very successful seasons under the Malaysians as far as I can see.

1) you ave still not answered my question regarding alternatives?

2) it seems in your answer that you still support and want a return of Sam, again why?? I bet your glad your friend who spent over £25 million in leagues 1&2 and almost put CCFC out of business is likely to get money that wasn't his to begin with get it refunded back to him.

What a guy.
Last edited by caerdydd_78 on Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: " FRACTURED RELATIONSHIPS & FRIENDSHIPS "

Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:43 pm

Worrying post on another thread that I feel echoes many on here said 'I'd rather get relegated in blue than promoted in red'

I was shocked but quickly realised how strong feelings are running at the moment.

As I initially said regardless of views I think every fan needs to get behind the process whether they agree or not. Easy for me to say yes, but with only 45-50% of fans backing the new proposals you'll be on a hiding to nothing.

Murmurings towards the board at games, anti re branding songs, lack of sales, attendances will all transmit onto the pitch & into the performances of individuals & the team as a whole & will most definitely end in failure for the club. Who wants to see that?

^^^^^^^^^^^ Hiya lads above :)

:ayatollah:

Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:49 pm

Carpe Diem wrote:

Starting endless threads on the same topic is fuelling the argument and maintaining the divide. Can't you start some rebuilding with some positivity since many out there seem to hang of your every word? Or if not at least relent for a while.

Who started this thread ?

Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:52 pm

caerdydd_78 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
caerdydd_78 wrote:

What do other clubs do ?

Who made that debt?? The debts are clearly visible in the financial accounts for 2011 and next year we will all see what has increased, but you should also know that it's not cheap running a club in the championship successfully when we are not generating enough income to support the costs being spent to try to obtain premiership football. We have had two very successful seasons under the Malaysians as far as I can see.

2) it seems in your answer that you still support and want a return of Sam, again why?? I bet your glad your friend who spent over £25 million in leagues 1&2 and almost put CCFC out of business is likely to get money that wasn't his to begin with get it refunded back to him.

What a guy.

If your going to go down the Sam route again, I cant even be bothered to reply to u, Yes Sam took us from the Dungeon league etc, left us £24 mill in debt, but with £30 mill in players, 2 leagues higher, an accademy,out line planning worth £60 mill and top of the championship by a clear 6pts, and under the current regime were £82 mill in debt, what have they achieved for that please answer in full ?

Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:07 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
caerdydd_78 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
caerdydd_78 wrote:

What do other clubs do ?

What a guy.

If your going to go down the Sam route again, I cant even be bothered to reply to u, Yes Sam took us from the Dungeon league etc, left us £24 mill in debt, but with £30 mill in players, 2 leagues higher, an accademy,out line planning worth £60 mill and top of the championship by a clear 6pts, and under the current regime were £82 mill in debt, what have they achieved for that please answer in full ?

Your brainwashed by Sam im afraid.

Yes, he Had an acceptional record delivering young players through the academy, however the players and investment were never his to begin with. Each time gem sprung through the academy, bang he sold them to the highest bidder and basically kept the cash, He left us £24 million in debt and you say we had £30 million worth of players?? So in a way he bought players with money that was never his?. So why does he deserve it back?? He lost nothing, not a penny he should simply have the debt written off or do what the Malaysians are doing, USE HIS OWN MONEY to pay it off.

2 major facts about Sams time here that I never agreed with.

1 - the stadium would not have been signed off if he was still here, that's about £50 million he cost us.

2 - Trelai fields were better than the training facilities we had under him, it was a joke, from memory a few players turned us down in the past due to the poor facilities we had.

Why people praise him is beyond me.

Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:11 pm

caerdydd_78 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
caerdydd_78 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
caerdydd_78 wrote:

What do other clubs do ?

What a guy.

Yes, he Had an acceptional record delivering young players through the academy, however the players and investment were never his to begin with. Each time gem sprung through the academy, bang he sold them to the highest bidder and basically kept the cash, He left us £24 million in debt and you say we had £30 million worth of players?? So in a way he bought players with money that was never his?. So why does he deserve it back?? He lost nothing, not a penny he should simply have the debt written off or do what the Malaysians are doing, USE HIS OWN MONEY to pay it off.

1 - the stadium would not have been signed off if he was still here, that's about £50 million he cost us.

2 - Trelai fields were better than the training facilities we had under him, it was a joke, from memory a few players turned us down in the past due to the poor facilities we had.

Why people praise him is beyond me.

I am not brain washed by him at all, I know the facts and Cardiff City is more important to me than Sam. If you dont think he achieved much, well thats your opinion. Did anyone else want us when we were in Div 4 with crowds of 3,000, are u sure u were there ?

Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:13 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:

Who started this thread ?

Oh come on you've started 5 or 6 threads just today all related to the same anti red anti Malaysian thing. Then have the nerve to talk about divisions amongst fans. I think we could all do with a breather and give some time for things to start happening, hopefully some signings :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:19 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:First & foremost guys before I get any fcuk off you QPR c*nt etc :lol: I am a Rangers man yes but first & foremost I'm a football fan & very much enjoy watching, listening to & reading anything football related.

Although our clubs have been rivals as such for quite a few years now I enjoy this site as there is some top lads on here & some great football chat / debates to be had & for me personally reading about QPR all the time gets a bit boring so I enjoy coming on here for a different perspective.

All clubs, forums, groups etc have a bit of in house bickering but what I've read on here the last few days is quite alarming to be honest. This whole re branding situation really looks like it has split the fan base down the middle & caused waves right across South Wales and much further beyond. Although many on here don't know each other & are unlikely to meet each other its clear there are plenty on here who do know each other & are already at each others throats over this whole affair. Its a hard enough situation to deal with a re branding process without friendships being broken or life long friends who happen to sit on either side the fence falling out.

If that does happen then the future will be very bleak regardless of what happens. I personally feel you all have to move in the right direction whatever your feelings are on the matter. I guess its a case of not cutting off your nose to spite your face. Obviously feelings are running high & I've heard plenty say they will not be attending Cardiff games again, others saying they will refuse to buy merchandise, others saying they are done with it whilst the Malaysians are in charge & lets be honest all of those things mean only one thing, Cardiff City Football Club suffers.

You absolutely HAVE to give the owners the chance to try & make this work in the short term (next season & possibly season after) they have made a massive decision & have injected & it seems will further inject massive funds for your club so the least they deserve imo is your 100% support.

Yes it hurts, you probably are hard headed like myself & won't want to listen to a view opposite of your own but I honestly feel if your fan base is divided then you will be partly responsible for your failure if that's how it turns out. If you say OK you know what this fcuking stinks but OK come on Vincent Tan show me big players, show me debts being paid, show me expansion & if it gets you promotion & makes CCFC a global brand as the owners think it will then surely you are all winners?

I genuinely hope whatever happens people who have watched CCFC for years & friends and friendships will remain intact forever more & not be fractured by the actions of owners who in reality know fcuk all about your club or your history.

The thing with Sam was that we all thought he was a benefactor when all he did was loan us money, go on a spending spree then left us in the shit and wants every penny back. It's ok to say we had a squad of 30m but that is only if other teams were willing to pay so very subjective. There is no doubt he started the rot and don't think we should pay him a penny

Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:20 pm

What a guy.[/quote]

If your going to go down the Sam route again, I cant even be bothered to reply to u, Yes Sam took us from the Dungeon league etc, left us £24 mill in debt, but with £30 mill in players, 2 leagues higher, an accademy,out line planning worth £60 mill and top of the championship by a clear 6pts, and under the current regime were £82 mill in debt, what have they achieved for that please answer in full ?[/quote]

Why people praise him is beyond me.[/quote]

I am not brain washed by him at all, I know the facts and Cardiff City is more important to me than Sam. If you dont think he achieved much, well thats your opinion. Did anyone else want us when we were in Div 4 with crowds of 3,000, are u sure u were there ?[/quote]

If you know all the facts, you should also know the mess he left us in.

Your right nobody wanted us other than a possible takeover by Ron Noades , but he left us with a very serious debt, that was not his money in the first place, I'm sure if he didn't buy us we wouldn't be in this position to begin with.

And to question my loyalty as a fans is rather low, I've been a season ticket holder 11 years, regardless if I've been a fan 50 years of I've just finished my debut season, it does not give you or anyone else more power over anyone. A fan is a fan, regardless of colour of length of service.

It's our club remember, my feelings are not personal, but some of the posts are too directed towards Sam.
Last edited by caerdydd_78 on Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:21 pm

Carpe Diem wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:

Who started this friend ?

Ill second that :thumbup:
Oh come on you've started 5 or 6 threads just today all related to the same anti red anti Malaysian thing. Then have the nerve to talk about divisions amongst fans. I think we could all do with a breather and give some time for things to start happening, hopefully some signings :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:34 pm

Stan i have had some right ding dongs with my mates and yes that hurt just as much as this re branding shit. But i cant get to grips with this re branding or have i any love for it. its another nail in the coffin for my beloved bluebirds. And that is coming from the heart fella. We could win the champions league but my feelings still would not be the same.

Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:40 pm

Hi Stan good to hear from you Mate and it's good to receive an outsiders perspective of the changes and to be honest i think 99% of Cardiff city Fans are united and want the same thing which is..................................

To retain our Blue shirts

Keep our Bluebirds identity

Keep our Bluebirds badge

Have 100m investment

The problem is we can't have the first three things AND the 100m investment because our Malaysian owners have a different vision, viewpoint and plans to us fans. I hate the changes and want to remain Blue but i also want to see us on a sound financial footing and competing at the top level and our best chance of doing that at the moment is to back and trust the Malaysians but they HAVE to deliver.

The thing that hurts and saddens me the most is the divisions it has caused between fans we are all Cardiff City fans and our identity and support goes much deeper than the colour of shirts we need to remain united and remember we will always remain Bluebirds at heart :old: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:46 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:Worrying post on another thread that I feel echoes many on here said 'I'd rather get relegated in blue than promoted in red'

I was shocked but quickly realised how strong feelings are running at the moment.

As I initially said regardless of views I think every fan needs to get behind the process whether they agree or not. Easy for me to say yes, but with only 45-50% of fans backing the new proposals you'll be on a hiding to nothing.

Murmurings towards the board at games, anti re branding songs, lack of sales, attendances will all transmit onto the pitch & into the performances of individuals & the team as a whole & will most definitely end in failure for the club. Who wants to see that?

^^^^^^^^^^^ Hiya lads above :)

:ayatollah:

Thanks for that Stan - you speak a lot of sense there.

All the best to QPR and Sparky next year - since you started posting on this mb, I've grown to like QPR a lot :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:18 pm

Hi Nukes, Blue, Die.

Must admit it all makes rather grim reading and as a neutral its quite surreal seeing fans of another club so divided.

This could last for years & years.

They have not only upset the vast majority of Bluebirds fans but they have heaped untold pressure on Malky & his team to deliver this season because you know much better than me if you flop next season all hell will break loose & and I can see the Malaysians being put through a very torrid time by already pissed off supporters.

How they didn't consult lifelong fans & season ticket holders is unforgivable in my book.

Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:20 pm

Stan.
What a noble opening post.
Totally agree with it and the sentiments behind it.

A post from a QPR fan with heart and diplomacy - yet still this thread has posts rabbiting on when post on here should be saying thank you to Stan.

I'm Blue. But I'm anti-divide - Stan is right.

We can analyse, pick, attach and defend for ever - never knew we had so many bitches supporting this mighty club.
Insult and counter insult - very fuckin clever.

If I had my way - we'd be in ninian park with a new stand at the canton end and some terracing.

But here we are - corporate-on-sea
Most of the people I've talked to face to face are gutted and vowed not to go again - but they haven't gone for years except wembley games!
I talked to an ex-player on friday night -still close to the club. He said "think of Rangers FC and this is 10 times worse"
No choice he thought.

Come on - pick yourselves up.

We need to get some pride back - ruining each other is making us more a laughing stock than any dictator or well meaning owner

Thank you Stan mate.

CCFC
Blue Brigade

Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:25 pm

Respect Eddie P brother.

Appreciate your words & can see your statement is very much from the heart.

Would be a bigger tragedy than the colour of a shirt for a fanbase to fall apart.

Thanks again mate.

Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:19 pm

The damage is done Stan. Cardiff City will never be the same again. And none of it was necessary. All on the superstitious whim of a bloke who hardly ever goes to games.

Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:32 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
caerdydd_78 wrote:

What do other clubs do ?

So why have you changed your view in under a week. Last week was all about the deal being still on etc. now the rebranding its all about the debt.

You need to be consistent.

Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:44 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:First & foremost guys before I get any fcuk off you QPR c*nt etc :lol: I am a Rangers man yes but first & foremost I'm a football fan & very much enjoy watching, listening to & reading anything football related.

Stan your a top fella , always read ur posts my lad is a season ticket holder of 8 years hes 14 now i want nothing more than a club to follow for me and him , hes seen it all Ninian Park our Wembley appearances he started off in Block A Ninian at 6 loves the banter now in 117 CCS he would kill me if we went in family stand, i know Annis and as he feels im not really happy how things have turned out but Cardiff City is my favourite sin, whatever colour we will be there :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:13 am

This guy is like Paul Abbandonato :shock:

Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:36 am

A sensible post from an outsider. This board contains a high percentage of people who really care passionately about being blue, and they are entitled to their opinion. However, I suspect that the 95%+ who never look at a message board are much more pragmatic about the situation.