Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

WOULD YOU RATHER KEEP THE BLUE SHIRT OR CURRENT BADGE ?

You may select 1 option

View results

Re: POLL : BLUE SHIRT OR CURRENT BADGE ?

Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:33 pm

JONNY012697 wrote:
carlccfc wrote:
JONNY012697 wrote:
carlccfc wrote:
JONNY012697 wrote:
carlccfc wrote:Just remember the badge would be everywhere and every piece of memorabilia, it will even be on the front of the house, at least then we could at least buy the products with our current badge on and on polo shirts, towels, t-shirts etc and in the colour blue hopefully as well.

but so has all our other badges
there is a precedent for a complete badge change you can thank your best friend for that and thats what they will say
Manchester United have changed their badge in the past as well as Chelsea, Manchester City and most notably Liverpool who will be paying with a changed badge next season.

I cannot remember Annis ever changing the badge.

fine ill spell it out for you Mr Sam Hammam
you cant argue against facts
its been done before why cant it happen again
if you want to campaign for something id keep the club colours

I will spell it out for you then Sam Hammam is not my best friend!

Cut the sarcasm and we can discuss and debate like adults.

Do you believe that if we go and campaign right now for the change back to blue we will be successful?

I believe we have more chance of keeping the current badge than turning the kit to back to Blue.

cutting sarcasm goes both ways - but ill concede your point
personally
I dont think much will change I dont think the Malaysians are in the habit of changing their minds very quickly
but I believe the colour change would be easier to obtain as the next years shirt designs have been released and just swapping the away kit to the home kit and vice versa is easy and at little or no cost and is a reasonable idea.
you can argue that playing our home games in red while our stadium is surrounded by blue would look stupid and embarrassing.
thats not to say give up on the original club badge but i believe the club colours would be easier to obtain.

And what if I said to you the 'proposed new badge' will not be the badge we will see at the start of season ?

Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:34 pm

JONNY012697 wrote:
carlccfc wrote:
JONNY012697 wrote:
carlccfc wrote:
JONNY012697 wrote:
carlccfc wrote:Just remember the badge would be everywhere and every piece of memorabilia, it will even be on the front of the house, at least then we could at least buy the products with our current badge on and on polo shirts, towels, t-shirts etc and in the colour blue hopefully as well.

there is a precedent for a complete badge change you can thank your best friend for that and thats what they will say
Manchester United have changed their badge in the past as well as Chelsea, Manchester City and most notably Liverpool who will be paying with a changed badge next season.

Do you believe that if we go and campaign right now for the change back to blue we will be successful?

I believe we have more chance of keeping the current badge than turning the kit to back to Blue.

personally
I dont think much will change I dont think the Malaysians are in the habit of changing their minds very quickly
but I believe the colour change would be easier to obtain as the next years shirt designs have been released and just swapping the away kit to the home kit and vice versa is easy and at little or no cost and is a reasonable idea.
you can argue that playing our home games in red while our stadium is surrounded by blue would look stupid and embarrassing.
thats not to say give up on the original club badge but i believe the club colours would be easier to obtain.

On the contrary I think we have seen the evidence that the Malaysians do change their mind very quickly.

Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:37 pm

I'd keep the official Bluebird Club-crest. What I can't understand is if the owners were so intent on having red shirts why the couldn't have come a little towards the fans by keeping this crest.

StT.

Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:42 pm

I am very surprised by the vote so far - 45% prefer to keep a blue shirt, 55% prefer to keep the badge.

The badge has changed so many times over the years - 1927 dragon, 1970s bluebird, Sam's St Davids Cross, the latest updated fiddly one with all the bits on....

The issue of 'principle' for those opposed to the changes always seemsed to be the shirt - the 'we have played at home in blue since 1908' argument - that blue = 'identity'.

It is as if the line - we are the Bluebirds, we play in blue (at home, anyway) - is less important than opposition to a really aweful badge design.

Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:45 pm

What sort of a choice is that? Just now, all over Europe, clubs are presenting their kits for next season. A bit of difference here and there, but basically the same. Keeping their clubs' traditions. But not our Malaysians. Oh no, arrogant beyond belief, they have to change both badge and primary (home) colour.

And here we are, grovelling for scraps. It is difficult to imagine a more pathetic scenario. We are a laughing stock.

Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:48 pm

I'd keep the existing, official Club-crest which features the bluebird. What I can't understand is that if the owners were intent on having red shirts why they couldn't have come a little way to the fans by keeping the present Club-crest.

StT.

Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:53 pm

carlccfc wrote:
JONNY012697 wrote:
carlccfc wrote:
JONNY012697 wrote:
carlccfc wrote:
JONNY012697 wrote:

personally

And what if I said to you the 'proposed new badge' will not be the badge we will see at the start of season ?

well I havent seen any evidence of that yet
if you have evidence to the contrary please enlighten me, if you have knowledge that the new badge will change again then it opens a new possibility
but as I understand the situation
they have shown our new badge
and shown us the new kits we will play in next season
swapping the kits around would be easier and very simple
(but if you have knowledge that no other fan is aware of it still doesnt mean that your idea is the only course of action)

Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:58 pm

JONNY012697 wrote:
carlccfc wrote:
JONNY012697 wrote:
carlccfc wrote:
JONNY012697 wrote:
carlccfc wrote:I cannot remember Annis ever changing the badge.

personally

if you have evidence to the contrary please enlighten me, if you have knowledge that the new badge will change again then it opens a new possibility
(but if you have knowledge that no other fan is aware of it still doesnt mean that your idea is the only course of action)

I never suggested my idea is the only course of action but I have heard that there will be changes to the badge, how big or how small they will be I don't know.

Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:04 pm

carlccfc wrote:I never suggested my idea is the only course of action but I have heard that there will be changes to the badge, how big or how small they will be I don't know.

The easiest thing from the club's point of view would be to switch the home + away shirts.

I would have thought they've already got 10k shirts with the new badge on the way, along with a load of other merchandise, so can't see how they'd be able to change it now. I would of course love to be wrong, and maybe they haven't get ordered any new shirts etc.

Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:13 pm

Shirt for me :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:17 pm

carlccfc wrote:
JONNY012697 wrote:
carlccfc wrote:
JONNY012697 wrote:
carlccfc wrote:
JONNY012697 wrote:

personally

I never suggested my idea is the only course of action but I have heard that there will be changes to the badge, how big or how small they will be I don't know.

but you do appear to be very fixated on and one sided that the badge change is the way to go
youve asked what people would prefer and have then said this is what you are going to do, though I maybe be wrong it appears its your way or the highway.
do you have confirmation that the badge will change or is it just a rumour?
plan strategies based on facts not on what may or may not happen in the future.
thats not to say you cant plan a strategy if the rumour does come about and you will be ready, but your main strategy should be based on the facts first.
I would campaign for the colour change first as it brings along an easy compromise and if what you have heard comes true, propose the badge design should be decided by the fans (like Ridsdale did when we reverted back to our current badge) and insist that our current badge should be an option for fans to choose from aslong as the new design and any other options the club has proposed.

Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:55 pm

for me its very difficult i cant stand the idea of cardiff playing in red at home so it would lead me to choose the shirt on the other hand i hate that new badge with a passion and love our old one with just as much passion, so i cant really say what i prefer at a push i would have to go for shirt

Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:59 pm

I'd rather keep the blue shirt, and if the badge had to change then I'd like a bluebird on the upper back of the jersey.

Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:16 pm

Hiya mate! Alright? wrote:It all depends on what "NEW" Badge is being proposed. I believe most fans are so opposed to the badge at the moment because of the amateur design on currently offer, therefore most would probably chose badge over colour, but if we were offered something more classy like this design below, I think it would change people's opinions. At the moment I'd say red with our traditional badge, but if we had a badge like this then I'd say blue kit with this one. (mind you, it could work on both though, so just a case of which is the home and which the away kit)

ccfcbadge.jpg

The proposed new badge looks like a bloody beermat-designed by 10 year olds ,hiya mate`s badge is a 1000 times better

Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:33 am

Tough one.

I'd go with blue shirts.

I hate that badge though. It's awful. I'd rather the old badge back but would compromise, some of the designs posted on here have been quality.

Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:22 am

If people want change e mail them this badge till they are of it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:16 am

Chris1988 wrote:for me its very difficult i cant stand the idea of cardiff playing in red at home so it would lead me to choose the shirt on the other hand i hate that new badge with a passion and love our old one with just as much passion, so i cant really say what i prefer at a push i would have to go for shirt

This^^^^^^

Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:58 am

boyo1927 wrote:
carlccfc wrote:I was asked this question by a club official, in between the two meetings, for me I want to keep the badge if I only the had the choice of one.

If you had the choice which would you choose, I would obviously want to keep both and I don't know or have heard of anyone who would want to go to red for any other reason than the re-branding proposal so for that reason I have not added the option of keeping both in the poll.

Blue shirt for me, I would prefer that identity at home as its a very visual thing, the badge has changed plenty of times over the years! We are still the Bluebirds even with this badge! :ayatollah:

Good post fella. Agree with everything you said. Bluebirds!!

Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:01 am

if i had one choice it would be the badge, as we still got the blue shirt :( :cry: :old: :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:02 am

fryman125 wrote:If people want change e mail them this badge till they are of it.

thats one sexy badge! ;)

Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:03 am

I don't like either, but i went for the SHIRT :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:42 am

i havn,t voted as i,m not ccfc but the shirt colours are the most important for me .badges get altered over time.there again your badge has been changed not altered.didn,t man city and sunderland do a bit of consulting before they changed theirs?both a lot bigger clubs than ccfc but took time to get the fans view.surprised that a dragon couldn,t have been placed on the back of the shirt above the numbers somewhere.they could have played every away game in red or even the odd home game that would be televised in malaysia/china in a red top.maybe a cup game.if this is intended to get a chinese market/stock market then these i fear will be the first but not the last thing to go

Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:49 am

Easy one!!! The badge it's what represents us bluebirds!! Bluebirds!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:10 am

alfie sherwood wrote:Blue shirt for me.

The badge has changed many times over the years. Wear a blue shirt and we are automatically the bluebirds regardless of how poor the badge is.

We've played in a blue shirt for 104 years whereas the badge has changed loads of times since the 1950s when City first began using it.

Thats me too :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:46 am

I hate the changes full stop, but to keep our club afloat i could accept red throgh gritted teeth. Tbahen i saw the Brains beer mat badge and the shit shirt and i hate them both and i am now Blue all the way.

Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:55 pm

I think this poll is flawed purely due to the fact that the new badge design is so poor if the new badge was of a better design (Not difficult) with the Bluebird much more prominent. Then i am pretty sure the vote would swing to keeping the Blue shirts?

Hope there is still time for consultation and compromise :old: :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:32 pm

JONNY012697 wrote:id stick with the shirt, for one reason, the colour is more recognisable to neutral spectators.
badges have been changed by clubs throughout the country, like Liverpool have changed the design of their badge for next season but are still have a red shirt.
club colours are more recognisable.
if you asked someone on the street who has no affinity to football and asked them what colours do Cardiff play in 9 out of 10 will probably give the correct answer of blue.
if you asked the same person to describe Cardiff City's club badge they would probably get it wrong.

Good points deffo the shirt for me

Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:00 pm

Keep our badge,we can always go back to blue ! BLUEBIRD TILL I DIE :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:22 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Blue shirt by miles for me.

agreed :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: