Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

WOULD YOU RATHER KEEP THE BLUE SHIRT OR CURRENT BADGE ?

You may select 1 option

View results

POLL : BLUE SHIRT OR CURRENT BADGE ?

Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:16 pm

I was asked this question by a club official, in between the two meetings, for me I want to keep the badge if I only the had the choice of one.

If you had the choice which would you choose, I would obviously want to keep both and I don't know or have heard of anyone who would want to go to red for any other reason than the re-branding proposal so for that reason I have not added the option of keeping both in the poll.

Re: POLL : BLUE SHIRT OR CURRENT BADGE ?

Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:21 pm

The Badge :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:28 pm

Badge, no question about it.

Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:31 pm

Blue shirt by miles for me.

Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:33 pm

If I had a choice then the badge. :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:34 pm

the bluebird on the badge, which the malasians have done after a comprimise :ayatollah:

if only we all can relax and say lets ride it out for now see where this is going and we will worship the bluebird still on the badge, we can still shout bluebirds and be proud of our blue history regardless if the blue shirt aint at home, its still the away colour :ayatollah: take the tradition out on away turf and battle in blue. best of both worlds :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:35 pm

Shirt

Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:36 pm

Blue shirt for me.

The badge has changed many times over the years. Wear a blue shirt and we are automatically the bluebirds regardless of how poor the badge is.

We've played in a blue shirt for 104 years whereas the badge has changed loads of times since the 1950s when City first began using it.
Last edited by alfie sherwood on Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:36 pm

The badge.

Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:39 pm

Do you think they could move on the badge and use one of the fans ideas. it would be seen as a olive branch. I'm a reluctant red but our new club crest is on par with blackburns venkys logo of feathers. In a nutshell shite. Bang heads together and make them see the light.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:41 pm

Definitely the blue shirt. I don't mind changing the badge (even though I'm not a big fan of the new one and I did love our previous badge) but I think the blue shirt is way more important.

Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:51 pm

carlccfc wrote:I was asked this question by a club official, in between the two meetings, for me I want to keep the badge if I only the had the choice of one.

If you had the choice which would you choose, I would obviously want to keep both and I don't know or have heard of anyone who would want to go to red for any other reason than the re-branding proposal so for that reason I have not added the option of keeping both in the poll.

Blue shirt for me, I would prefer that identity at home as its a very visual thing, the badge has changed plenty of times over the years! We are still the Bluebirds even with this badge! :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:54 pm

If this question is worded correctly I would rather keep the Blue shirt than a badge!

Playing in red at home is just wrong! Especially when the rest of the stadium is blue! :roll:

Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:56 pm

the badge easily, the new one is an embarrassment. its tacky and ugly

Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:57 pm

I disagree a badge is like your national emblem and not to be changed lightly. But kits are always changed for one reason money,money. I want this current badge pulled and a branstorming task carried out.

Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:01 pm

id stick with the shirt, for one reason, the colour is more recognisable to neutral spectators.
badges have been changed by clubs throughout the country, like Liverpool have changed the design of their badge for next season but are still have a red shirt.
club colours are more recognisable.
if you asked someone on the street who has no affinity to football and asked them what colours do Cardiff play in 9 out of 10 will probably give the correct answer of blue.
if you asked the same person to describe Cardiff City's club badge they would probably get it wrong.

Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:09 pm

It all depends on what "NEW" Badge is being proposed. I believe most fans are so opposed to the badge at the moment because of the amateur design on currently offer, therefore most would probably chose badge over colour, but if we were offered something more classy like this design below, I think it would change people's opinions. At the moment I'd say red with our traditional badge, but if we had a badge like this then I'd say blue kit with this one. (mind you, it could work on both though, so just a case of which is the home and which the away kit)

ccfcbadge.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:38 pm

I'd have to agree with the badge.

At least then our away shirt would be our 'proper' shirt with our 'proper' badge. But then I guess if we're having a red shirt there's no real benefit having it as our home over our away shirt is there?

Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:39 pm

Keep the blue shirt. Rarther keep the blue shirt and have this new badge, than red kit and older badge. :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:42 pm

Just remember the badge would be everywhere and every piece of memorabilia, it will even be on the front of the house, at least then we could at least buy the products with our current badge on and on polo shirts, towels, t-shirts etc and in the colour blue hopefully as well.

Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:44 pm

carlccfc wrote:Just remember the badge would be everywhere and every piece of memorabilia, it will even be on the front of the house, at least then we could at least buy the products with our current badge on and on polo shirts, towels, t-shirts etc and in the colour blue hopefully as well.

Definitely.

I for one won't buy anything with that hideous new badge on it!

Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:47 pm

carlccfc wrote:Just remember the badge would be everywhere and every piece of memorabilia, it will even be on the front of the house, at least then we could at least buy the products with our current badge on and on polo shirts, towels, t-shirts etc and in the colour blue hopefully as well.

When Sam changed the badge it didn't stop us going forward tho and that badge felt a lot less "Cardiff city" to me.
I'll find it very odd seeing us in red.

Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:48 pm

but so has all our other badges
there is a precedent for a complete badge change you can thank your best friend for that and thats what they will say
Manchester United have changed their badge in the past as well as Chelsea, Manchester City and most notably Liverpool who will be paying with a changed badge next season.

Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:49 pm

JONNY012697 wrote:

there is a precedent for a complete badge change you can thank your best friend for that and thats what they will say
Manchester United have changed their badge in the past as well as Chelsea, Manchester City and most notably Liverpool who will be paying with a changed badge next season.

I cannot remember Annis ever changing the badge.

Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:00 pm

The shirt by a million miles.

Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:03 pm

carlccfc wrote:
JONNY012697 wrote:

fine ill spell it out for you Mr Sam Hammam
you cant argue against facts
its been done before why cant it happen again
if you want to campaign for something id keep the club colours

Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:17 pm

Keep the badge, change the colour.

Agree with an above post that the badge will be everywhere. Which, for me, makes it predominantly more important at the moment....and I'm more partial to a nice poloshirt which will hopefully be available in blue.....plus, it also means any anti-reds can just buy an away shirt!

Everyone's a winner baby!

Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:22 pm

JONNY012697 wrote:
carlccfc wrote:
JONNY012697 wrote:

I will spell it out for you then Sam Hammam is not my best friend!

Cut the sarcasm and we can discuss and debate like adults.

Do you believe that if we go and campaign right now for the change back to blue we will be successful?

I believe we have more chance of keeping the current badge than turning the kit to back to Blue.

Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:31 pm

carlccfc wrote:
JONNY012697 wrote:
carlccfc wrote:
JONNY012697 wrote:

I will spell it out for you then Sam Hammam is not my best friend!

Cut the sarcasm and we can discuss and debate like adults.

Do you believe that if we go and campaign right now for the change back to blue we will be successful?

I believe we have more chance of keeping the current badge than turning the kit to back to Blue.

cutting sarcasm goes both ways - but ill concede your point
personally
I dont think much will change I dont think the Malaysians are in the habit of changing their minds very quickly
but I believe the colour change would be easier to obtain as the next years shirt designs have been released and just swapping the away kit to the home kit and vice versa is easy and at little or no cost and is a reasonable idea.
you can argue that playing our home games in red while our stadium is surrounded by blue would look stupid and embarrassing.
thats not to say give up on the original club badge but i believe the club colours would be easier to obtain.

Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:32 pm

Blue shirt for me, we have changed badge many times but we have been blue for over 100 years