Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

If we turn up this season

Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:03 pm

playing in red without the big signings there will be an avalanche of red supporters turning back to blue.

Financial survival is what has conned the red supporters into supporting the rebrand. The thing is most of these red supporters believe that this survival package includes big signings. So if these signings don't happen these red supporters will be seeing red and turning back to blue again.

Re: If we turn up this season

Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:04 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:playing in red without the big signings there will be an avalanche of red supporters turning back to blue.

Financial survival is what has conned the red supporters into supporting the rebrand. The thing is most of these red supporters believe that this survival package includes big signings. So if these signings don't happen these red supporters will be seeing red and turning back to blue again.

what if they do happen?

Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:07 pm

CraigCCFC wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:playing in red without the big signings there will be an avalanche of red supporters turning back to blue.

what if they do happen?

Then I would say the reds will be relieved.

Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:13 pm

Not really big signings have never bothered me just like the prem dream isn't everything for me.
I'm more keen to see Langston paid and the Malaysians convert debt to equity over the next year or two.

Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:06 pm

EAT humble pie for most on here ,with ten accounts each making out RED was the way to go. :roll: o DEAR. CCFC :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:08 pm

If we do not go up this seasons we are in dire straights, it's promotion or bust and the gullible reds f*cking know it. But then again that's why they are red, the lure of premier league football. It's the only thing they "support" us for.

:old: :old: :old:

Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:09 pm

Sorry Ian even though I understand what your point is I don't agree with it, for me it is about financial stability and clearing of the debt, if signings are made and if Premier League is delivered then that is, to me anyway, bonuses to the plan of making the club debt free.

Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:10 pm

Yep :ayatollah: we have had the 5million here and 3million there PR stunts go out already i expected the club to continue with them and play the old "oh well we tryed" violin like last season .

Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:12 pm

carlccfc wrote:

Sorry Ian even though I understand what your point is I don't agree with it, for me it is about financial stability and clearing of the debt, if signings are made and if Premier League is delivered then that is, to me anyway, bonuses to the plan of making the club debt free.

But Carl I am adamant that the shirt sales in the Far east will not reap the financial rewards promised by the Malaysians. It's promotion or bust, Premier league football is the only way we will clear our debts, the Malaysians will leave this club in League one in three years time saddled with more debt than we started with.

:old:

Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:32 pm

Bluebird since 1948 wrote:
carlccfc wrote:

But Carl I am adamant that the shirt sales in the Far east will not reap the financial rewards promised by the Malaysians. It's promotion or bust, Premier league football is the only way we will clear our debts, the Malaysians will leave this club in League one in three years time saddled with more debt than we started with.

:old:

The only way VT can leave us with more debt is to form a Company to lend himself Money and mortgage it against the club, and who would do a thing like that.

Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:03 am

carlccfc wrote:

Financial stability you say Carl. So VT clears the debt with the promised £100 million and we owe nothing today. What about 2 years time Carl? If rumours are true since the Malaysians have been here our debt has doubled. That tells me we will be back to square one in a couple of seasons and playing in red.

We need the quality big signings, still plenty of time to get them, to reach the premier and that should substain our financial stability. Without that we will be back in the red playing in red because so far the Malayians have showed very little business acumen for running a football club.

Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:13 am

Bakedalasker wrote:
carlccfc wrote:

Financial stability you say Carl. So VT clears the debt with the promised £100 million and we owe nothing today. What about 2 years time Carl? If rumours are true since the Malaysians have been here our debt has doubled. That tells me we will be back to square one in a couple of seasons and playing in red.

We need the quality big signings, still plenty of time to get them, to reach the premier and that should substain our financial stability. Without that we will be back in the red playing in red because so far the Malayians have showed very little business acumen for running a football club.

Those rumours aren't true in the case of the accounts.

Our total debt in may 2010 was £63.5m

Our total debt in may 2011 was £69m

Its clearly increased since then, but nowhere near doubled.

The growth in debt is also not hlped by several million pounds of interest accumulating each year on the debts to Sam, PMG and VT now, so if we clear these up then that will certainly help.

However the club will need to be run at a loss to keep us in with a chance of promotion so yes VT will have to keep weighing in.

Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:24 am

Theres no doubt that the club will have to be seen to be making good on their promises.Even as a supporter of the financial packet attatched to the colour change I have to say-you've talked the talk,now walk the walk.

Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:30 am

Ian, it will be very very interesting what happens.

Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:34 am

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:35 am

For me its not about signings....the big issue is converting the debt into equity.

Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:49 am

3.00 at Worcester - Red Not Blue !

Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:50 am

According to TG we have been losing 1mill a month with the current squad and set up at the club. With more quality players comes higher wages so next year if we haven't done something about other outgoings we will be losing more each year. The investment and other existing debt is irrelevant to this as we'r still on a loss. And if we don't get promoted we will still find ourselves in around 13-14mill debt come the end of the season.

Let's be honest, I along with 95% of this forum don't even know who won the second tier of Spanish football last season so why would a Asian buy a championship shirt and start following them!? The only way it's going to happen is if we become a club the size of United, Bracelona, Real or Liverpool.

Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:53 am

keanoswinklepickers wrote:3.00 at Worcester - Red Not Blue !

NON - RUNNER........ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ....CLASS :lol: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:53 am

Marc wrote:
keanoswinklepickers wrote:3.00 at Worcester - Red Not Blue !

NON - RUNNER........ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ....CLASS :lol: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

:lol: flop

Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:54 pm

BlueWhite&Yellow wrote:According to TG we have been losing 1mill a month with the current squad and set up at the club. With more quality players comes higher wages so next year if we haven't done something about other outgoings we will be losing more each year. The investment and other existing debt is irrelevant to this as we'r still on a loss. And if we don't get promoted we will still find ourselves in around 13-14mill debt come the end of the season.

Let's be honest, I along with 95% of this forum don't even know who won the second tier of Spanish football last season so why would a Asian buy a championship shirt and start following them!? The only way it's going to happen is if we become a club the size of United, Bracelona, Real or Liverpool.

also you have had biggish names arrive before and not got to the promised land.bigger names=bigger wage bills.

Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:01 pm

carlccfc wrote:

Carl,

If they pay off langston and convert the existing loans to equity, how long do you think they will keep doing that in the championship when they are loaning 12m per year and building all these new facilities on top?

Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:01 pm

BlueWhite&Yellow wrote:According to TG we have been losing 1mill a month with the current squad and set up at the club. With more quality players comes higher wages so next year if we haven't done something about other outgoings we will be losing more each year. The investment and other existing debt is irrelevant to this as we'r still on a loss. And if we don't get promoted we will still find ourselves in around 13-14mill debt come the end of the season.

I'm sure other cut backs will be being made though.
Naylor, Quinn, Parkin would have all been in good wages, prob 20k+ a weeks worth from players not needed and didn't play.
We won't be paying two managers this season either - bonus
I'm sure they will be lookin to offload a load of others players to counteract the new signings.

As people kept saying you have to speculate to accumulate. I think the key since MM joined is we are now signing players with a resale value and in most a profit.

Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:20 am

2blue2handle wrote:

I'm sure other cut backs will be being made though.
Naylor, Quinn, Parkin would have all been in good wages, prob 20k+ a weeks worth from players not needed and didn't play.
We won't be paying two managers this season either - bonus
I'm sure they will be lookin to offload a load of others players to counteract the new signings.

As people kept saying you have to speculate to accumulate. I think the key since MM joined is we are now signing players with a resale value and in most a profit.

We run with a small squad last year, hopefully we will have more strength and depth next year surely even if we have got rid of some of the high earners the wage bill will be the same if not more. Also it doesn't really matter if we buy players with a resale value as the money goes to PMG if sell a player and according to what I have read its the only way we can pay them back.

Having DJ off the wage bill will help but we will be still making a loss in my opinion unless we make the PL. Wer not guarenteed to get there as its been proving by other clubs and our selves when we had the likes of Jay and Chops ect.

Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:47 am

Been thinking the same thing myself.....I think you are 100% right.

Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:01 am

Bakedalasker wrote:
CraigCCFC wrote:

what if they do happen?

Then I would say the reds will be relieved.

I'd say the majority of anti branding will come crawling back :ayatollah:

Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:38 am

I am for the changes but honestly I don't give a damn about big names. Most people are the same. Just give us security. Different concepts.