Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" 18,600 SEASON TICKET HOLDERS "

Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:10 pm

Should 18,600 season ticket holders of all been sent out a ballot vote by our club ?

Regarding the change of badge/colour ?

The club have known for months, so there was plenty of time.

Re: " 18,600 SEASON TICKET HOLDERS "

Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:12 pm

I think this would have been the best idea tbh.
People would still moan tho :lol:

Forever Blue wrote:Should 18,600 season ticket holders of all been sent out a ballot vote by our club ?

Yes but it wouldn't have made a difference. The changes were always going to go ahead regardless of what the fans wanted.

Just created a topic re Re Branding Supporters Feelings unknown where I touched on this.

Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:13 pm

Absolutely, that mcauliffe should be organising things like that instead of wasting time on twitter

Don't be daft they run there companys off internet polls. If anyone believes this bullshit then I'm amazed.

Of course they should. The responses would be far more representative of all our fans feelings towards the changes, unlike the Wales online poll or that of CCSC.

As TLG posted on CCMB, Sunderland did a similar thing when they moved from Roker Park.

Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:14 pm

bridgendbluebird30 wrote:Just created a topic re Re Branding Supporters Feelings unknown where I touched on this.

I just responded to your point. Do I copy my response onto this topic too..? :lol:

Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:14 pm

They didn't and don't give a toss about the fans because its now been proven that the photoshot for the new kits actually happened in April!!! So with that in mind even if every fan was against it the plan still would have got through.

Over 100 years of tradition changed overnight without a care in the world :evil:

Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:24 pm

Angry Man wrote:They didn't and don't give a toss about the fans because its now been proven that the photoshot for the new kits actually happened in April!!! So with that in mind even if every fan was against it the plan still would have got through.

Over 100 years of tradition changed overnight without a care in the world :evil:

of course they were taken in april, because red was gonna be away....so they just switched it round. Dont make silly statements like that to back upo ur arguement

Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:31 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Should 18,600 season ticket holders of all been sent out a ballot vote by our club ?

Yes i think so Annis , i think that would have been the most democratic way to do it. but i still think more would have been in favour of the rebranding, hence the same Result :!:

Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:31 pm

WHY? what if they voted no to a change, what would they do about funding the club if the Malaysians pulled out, if the vote was to not accept the colour change or the investment, why wait till now, why didn't they step up to the mark two years ago when the Malaysians seemed to be the only answer to us staying in business.

What alternatives did you have Annis when we were intent on driving Ridsdale out of the club, were you hoping the season ticket holders would come up with the funds needed to keep us in business, what was your plan B?

Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:37 pm

BigGwynram wrote:

WHY? what if they voted no to a change, what would they do about funding the club if the Malaysians pulled out, if the vote was to not accept the colour change or the investment, why wait till now, why didn't they step up to the mark two years ago when the Malaysians seemed to be the only answer to us staying in business.

What alternatives did you have Annis when we were intent on driving Ridsdale out of the club, were you hoping the season ticket holders would come up with the funds needed to keep us in business, what was your plan B?

Ridsdale was not keeping our club afloat and not putting one penny in it, just taking. You led the march with me, did u have a plan B ?

Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:40 pm

BigGwynram wrote:

What you on about Gwyn, did'nt Ridsdale lie to us about season ticket money to keep us afloat? Similar to our owners lying to us over the rebranding.

Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:41 pm

Yes absolutely right.we should have been contacted. Some people are going by the results used by the echo's poll, which is riddled with jack votes for a yes to rebrand. If they cared one bit for what the fans opinions were, it's common sense to contact the season ticket holders and ask for an opinion

Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:42 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
BigGwynram wrote:

Ridsdale was not keeping our club afloat and not putting one penny in it, just taking. You led the march with me, did u have a plan B ?

Yeah but he has a point Annis, what is your plan with no Malaysians?

Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:46 pm

Damned Yank wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
BigGwynram wrote:

My first plan would be to stop us losing money, they havent in 2 years have they ?
Over 9 Cardiff City staff work over in Malaysia and guess who pays for them ?
Cardiff City is not rn properly and everyone knows it, do u honestly believe the Malaysians know whats going on at our club daily. Our debt was £36 mill when they took over, they totally run our club, so how come its over £80 mill now ?

Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:50 pm

Yes they should of definetly.
But was that ever gonna happen. NO.

The more I read about the red change the more pissed I'm becoming.

And I answered to a topic this morning said I'm not gonna mention it again

Aaaaaaagggghhhhhh

Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:52 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Damned Yank wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
BigGwynram wrote:

My first plan would be to stop us losing money, they havent in 2 years have they ?
Over 9 Cardiff City staff work over in Malaysia and guess who pays for them ?
Cardiff City is not rn properly and everyone knows it, do u honestly believe the Malaysians know whats going on at our club daily. Our debt was £36 mill when they took over, they totally run our club, so how come its over £80 mill now ?

Also fair points. But to do point number one, would that mean a smaller playing squad who earn less?

Or just cutting other unneccessary costs? The way I see it, a lot of our loss comes from servicing debt, so you'd need a big influx of funds just to pay that off.

Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:52 pm

Personally i dont think it would of made any difference, but i do belive they still should of contacted us ! :(

Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:55 pm

Annis I suggested this on May 9th.....that would have been the fairest way, but I think you have to include away members and stadium card holders.

Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:59 pm

Ive reiterated that the poll should have been done on a home match day, then you'd get a fair reflection... Any Tom, Dick & Harry had voted online, I know of Jacks, Forest and Liverpool fans to have voted online. It just proves that it was unfair poll and that it was going to happen whether we liked it or not.

Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:02 pm

Yes of course they should have been consulted.If the Malaysians had told us in advance we were going to be rebranded whether we like it or not then I wonder how many would have renewed ? :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:07 pm

BigGwynram wrote:

Gwyn thats typical of you.You did not think we had a right to be consulted in the first place and if the season ticket holders had been consulted and the vote was against the rebranding then you would have ignored the fans democratic voice and still gone around spreading your doomsday propaganda.

Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:11 pm

36m in debt 2 years ago and now 80 odd mill in debt since they been in charge,so you saying since they come here in 2 years they have amassed another 50 mill on to our debt.who comes up with these figures honestly :?: :?:

Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:19 pm

iWork for a huge retail company we hold focus groups we have customer and staff surveys and we listen and take action when the views expressed do not conflict with the company's main driver. To create shareholder value! That's what it's all about I'm afraid. Anyone who tells you anything else is being disingenuous.
The shareholders with the voting powe drive the strategy......END OF! Want to change it? Buy the shares zor shop somewhere else..... Simple

Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:21 pm

Aren't our board/owners/investors allowed to make decisions any more? Who do we think we are that they have to ask us what they should do?

Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:22 pm

Bluebird64 wrote:

Yes of course they should have been consulted.If the Malaysians had told us in advance we were going to be rebranded whether we like it or not then I wonder how many would have renewed ? :ayatollah:

Thing is though we never give the Malaysians a chance to present it to us properly.....leaked again... could be our downfall one day.

Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:22 pm

cant we go bust like portsmouth and southampton , i dont know how it all works, any one know?

Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:40 pm

Would av been a fair way to communicate with have us fans felt but Annis the do what they want as we sing and they have done exactly what they want they wouldnt dare change anything Malaysian though would they.

They are selling malaysia to the world not CCFC and they aint got a clue how to connect with the fans they dont no football do they.