Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re Branding Supporters Feelings Unknown

Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:06 pm

Although there were 2 snap polls the true feeling of CCFC supporters is unknown and only time will show if the re branding has had an impact. Come the start of the season will the stadium be a flood of blue, red, a mixture or just half empty.

There is a group totally in favour of change, those that totally oppose but there is probably a large percentage who will reluctantly see the change due to the fear of the club going bust. I know it costs money but if all season ticket holders had been consulted I believe that it would show a totally different picture from the snap poles. That would have given the owners a true reflection of the supporters feelings, perhaps it was something that they would not want to see just in case it wasn,t in their favour. Come the start of the season and more importantly next season the impact of the re branding will be known if there is any. Many supporters had re newed season tickets on the back of the Wembly game and prior to the announcement. The start of next season may show the true impact. Interesting times ahead.

Re: Re Branding Supporters Feelings Unknown

Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:12 pm

They didn't and don't give a toss about the fans because its now been proven that the photoshot for the new kits actually happened in April!!! So with that in mind even if every fan was against it the plan still would have got through.

Over 100 years of tradition changed overnight without a care in the world :evil:

Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:14 pm

‎" 18,600 SEASON TICKET HOLDERS ? "
link
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=83340

Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:15 pm

This will be the real test I agree.

Although the polls are pretty certain, nearly everyone I've seen including on here supports (even if reluctantly) the rebrand.
I'm yet to see one totally against it actually.

Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:18 pm

2blue2handle wrote:This will be the real test I agree.

Although the polls are pretty certain, nearly everyone I've seen including on here supports (even if reluctantly) the rebrand.

All this media coverage could damage our chances of landing players during the pre-season so if the results aren't there at the start then what will people who are in the reluctant bracket feel then..?

Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:20 pm

Angry Man wrote:

All this media coverage could damage our chances of landing players during the pre-season so if the results aren't there at the start then what will people who are in the reluctant bracket feel then..?

If if if if, I don't have a crystal ball.

Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:21 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
Angry Man wrote:

Well thats why so many people are angry over it. This project has too many 'ifs' and 'buts' yet people are supporting it no matter what!!!

Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:22 pm

Angry Man wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
Angry Man wrote:

Well thats why so many people are angry over it. This project has too many 'ifs' and 'buts' yet people are supporting it no matter what!!!

I don't think they are at all, I think a lot of people are cautious about it but see it as the only way forward.

Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:29 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
Angry Man wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
Angry Man wrote:

I don't think they are at all, I think a lot of people are cautious about it but see it as the only way forward.

Thats because only one option has been pushed. However the 'cutting the cloth' way forward is only now started to be spoken about. We can't hide from the fact that the debt mountain has grown under the present owners yet they want to continue to 'borrow and spend' which in my book is sucidal.

Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:32 pm

Interesting to see how many turn up for the first match. How many wearing red/blue, how many supporters attending if we have an average season and how many turn up after next seasons renewal. The true impact will be seen if any.Some may reluctantly agree to the change but show their feeling in other ways, e.g not purchasing Programmes, items from the club shop, etc.

Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:34 pm

The debt was always going to get much worse before it got better unless they asset stripped the club as soon as they came in to reduce costs.
I'd bet off the field cost have been cut highly in the last few years.