Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Tide has turned

Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:02 pm

As the Langstone saga looks to becoming to an end i notice a shift in opinion. Fans see what is happening to clubs like Rangers and Pompey and realise with financial assurance you have to accept what comes woth it.

We are still Cardiff City playing in the capital City and our club will always be bigger than a shirt colour.
Our fanbase increases,family club of the year, our own stadium not a council let, cup finals with top businessmen in charge.

To those who do not like being a fan, with no inner knowledge, your time is up. You are fans with a fans part to play and i applaud you for what you do. But please drop the politics and embrace.

Re: Tide has turned

Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:05 pm

Welshpaul wrote:As the Langstone saga looks to becoming to an end i notice a shift in opinion. Fans see what is happening to clubs like Rangers and Pompey and realise with financial assurance you have to accept what comes woth it.

We are still Cardiff City playing in the capital City and our club will always be bigger than a shirt colour.
Our fanbase increases,family club of the year, our own stadium not a council let, cup finals with top businessmen in charge.

To those who do not like being a fan, with no inner knowledge, your time is up. You are fans with a fans part to play and i applaud you for what you do. But please drop the politics and embrace.

I know it is futile fighting this. I would love to keep the Blue shirt and badge. I will not buy a red shirt that's for sure.

I will still support the boys though! :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:28 pm

Living near Portsmouth I can tell you now there were would be riots at Fratton Park if they turned their shirts red. At least their fans have some back bone unlike some of ours. Until I read about or see tangible evidence that changing the badge and the colour of our shirt to red will make a massive difference to the clubs finances this whole move is baffling absurd.

Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:40 pm

As someone who's military career has condemned me to being classed as a "plastic" I have a huge amount of respect for the diehard fans and their distress qaboutwhat is happening to "their" club.
I was lucky after leaving the army I have hada career that has resulted in me becoming a director of one of the worlds biggest retailers, so I also have a very clear view of the financial imperatives.
This is one occasion when the head and heart are so opposed the compromise that has to be made by either side appears to be an impossible gulf to bridge.
There is however one thing that we can all get behind and that's Malky and the team, as long as all of us keep that as our top priority time will solve all other issues and wounds.

Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:41 pm

EastleighBlue wrote:Living near Portsmouth I can tell you now there were would be riots at Fratton Park if they turned their shirts red. At least their fans have some back bone unlike some of ours. Until I read about or see tangible evidence that changing the badge and the colour of our shirt to red will make a massive difference to the clubs finances this whole move is baffling absurd.

Your in for a long wait then because (1) VT is never going to broadcast his marketing plans what good businessman would and (2) the benefits are more likely to come to fruition longer term than shorter term which is the type of businessman any business should always have and you have no idea what a great businessman we have here

Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:03 pm

Well said Norfolk blue - let's just get behind MM and the team :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:31 pm

EastleighBlue wrote:Living near Portsmouth I can tell you now there were would be riots at Fratton Park if they turned their shirts red. At least their fans have some back bone unlike some of ours. Until I read about or see tangible evidence that changing the badge and the colour of our shirt to red will make a massive difference to the clubs finances this whole move is baffling absurd.

The fact is, the "Head Sheds" have said, if the branding don't go ahead "other" investment would have to be found.

Go figure the rest.

Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:19 pm

bullshit pompey would roll over backwards for that money