Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Dutch fans back the Blue campaign

Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:22 am

Just had a link emailed to me from Willem II fans in Holland who are appalled at whats happening. Its all in Dutch but shows how our club is being analysed all over europe.

http://www.indehekken.net/against-modern-football/keep-cardiff-city-blue/

Re: Dutch fans back the Blue campaign

Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:25 am

Those Willem II ultras seem like a sound lot. Holding a banner for us and everything :P. We shoulda had these in preseason.

Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:26 am

What good are dutch fans if we own fans have taken it the arse and can nothing about it.

Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:26 am

The writer of that article claims within 1-5 years we'd have gigantic debts.

Yeah, I forgot we were so debt free at the moment.

EDIT: From wiki.

Some Willem II fans were seen in the 'Eastend' (Bristol City's most popular stand) for their game against Sheffield Wednesday on the 31st October 2009, there were songs sung about Willem II.

Suppose it beats the numerous Den Haag fans who infiltrated us.
Last edited by nerd on Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:28 am

frosty_x wrote:Those Willem II ultras seem like a sound lot. Holding a banner for us and everything :P. We shoulda had these in preseason.

I think the photo was the Austrian fans demonstrating and they put that in the blog article, but I also believe fans in Czech Republic held a banner in protest for us also :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:30 am

How do I translate it..........? yeah, dull as f**k :lol:

Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:33 am

ENGLISH
In early May suddenly came the news that Vincent Tan, the Malaysian owner of Cardiff City, the club colors after 104 years wanted to change from blue to red. Also had nicknamed The Bluebirds after 101 years disappear and become The Red Dragons. The capital of Wales exploded with rage and action "Keep Cardiff City Blue" was designed. The Malaysians were quick in their droppings. The fans did not have to do according to them, because in 2012, Cardiff City just play in blue and the nickname did not need to change. However, Tan said that the fans could forget about his promised investment of 100 million pounds. They seem now to come anyway, because he decided on 6 June at Cardiff City now still in a red shirt lifting and immediately changed the logo and nickname.

The reason why Tan has made these changes is zum Kotzen. He wants to Cardiff City namely the Asian market and conquer red speaks Asians apparently more than blue. Nonsense, of course, because most Asian 'football fans' interest to the color not care. They want only successes. As they get turned on. The blue Chelsea has the victory in the Asian Champions League more 'fans' bijgekregen than when they were in the red play. But Tan is not sensitive to these arguments. Also speaking in his dragon in Asia more than a bird, hence The Bluebirds now The Red Dragons and the bird in the logo has almost disappeared. Instead there is now a dragon on pontifical.

Players come and go, as well as coaches, presidents and eventually fans. The identity of a club's name, the history, the shirt, the club colors and logo. In Cardiff, only the name and history remained. More than one hundred years of tradition is put overboard by a crazy owner. In 1908 Cardiff City decided henceforth to play in blue instead of yellow-brown cubes shirt. Since then, in blue great success. Thus in 1924 the club was second at the highest level, in blue. Three years later coor Cardiff, the first and last non-English club won the FA Cup, in blue. In 1971, in the quarterfinals of the European Cup II Real Madrid with 1-0 records, in blue. And then the club wants a passerby in a red shirt to play?

Nicknamed The Bluebirds have a nice origin, which is why it is so terrible that those will disappear. On August 29, 1862 Maurice Maeterlinck was born in Ghent. Maeterlinck came from a wealthy family and therefore spoke, with his last name differently than you might suspect, French. That was also the language in which his work appeared, when he decided to become a writer. He was there quite good at it, because in 1911 he received the Nobel Prize for literature for his work. L'Oiseau Bleu (written in 1908) is seen as the culmination of his work. A play full of symbolism about the quest of two children to a blue bird. This bird must ensure that the seriously ill child of a neighbor is healed and it does eventually.

The play was performed throughout Europe, also in Cardiff, where the English under the name "The Blue Bird" for a week in a packed New Theatre was staged. The play received great reviews and was the talk of the day in Cardiff. One fan was so enthusiastic that he aanschreef to the club nicknamed "The Bluebirds" to adopt. They found it a bit, especially since Cardiff last three years playing in blue. The nickname fit perfectly. Later, the club is a blue bird in the club logo on the past 101 years and you could hear the biweekly "Come on you Blue Birds" from the stands and roll all thanks to a man from Ghent.

A man from Batu Pahat will destroy all that now, although it still be long before "Come on you Red Dragons" from the stands will roll. Vincent Tan has promised in exchange for these changes in the club £ 100 million to invest. Oddly enough kick some fans in there, so there is a huge war raging on the forums of Cardiff City between supporters and opponents of the changes. Tan has just put money into the club and the money he so far has lent to the club, Cardiff City must eventually pay back at 7% interest. I fear that Tan, who until recently had never heard of Cardiff City, just a lot to earn the club. It will not surprise me if Cardiff a year or five gigantic debts. Tan will leave the fans with a bankrupt club, red shirts and wrong nickname behind.

One of the solutions can be to itself to create a club, for example, an AFC Cardiff. The fans only run against the problem that they are not in the English league may come true. The club will never, like AFC Wimbledon or FC United, to return to the old level. I fear therefore that the fans who have now decided the money of their season ticket back and not ask to go to the stadium until the club plays again in blue, lost to football. Tan makes no difference, because Red Bull Salzburg have proven that the chairs of the principal immediately be filled by fans glory hunters. Despite endorsements from many football fans, even from Austria and the Czech Republic, I fear that the Tan f**k no interest and Cardiff City in the coming years will play in red.

It is terrible for the real fans. Some thirteen years ago played in Cardiff at the bottom of the fourth division and they were about to be relegated to the amateurs. Only 5000 men came to the stadium and only a few hundred, two every week to away games. Especially those fans who were there for the club when it went bad, now hooks en masse. "Who the hell wants to sell the soul of the club to people who've never done away York?" Wrote one of those die-hards of old and the slogan "Better dead than red" even though I often read. The man the legendary 'Ayatollah' invented, Phil Stead, is now dropped and there are more. Especially the fans who came to Cardiff in recent years, since they have the new stadium and onto the door of the Premier League bosses, find the changes are not so bad and find the men of "Keep Cardiff City Blue" posers. "It's just a color?"

Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:33 am

RichardBluebird wrote:How do I translate it..........? yeah, dull as f**k :lol:

http://translate.google.com/translate?s ... ty-blue%2F

Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:34 am

If you're using chrome or firefox as your web browser, google translate is available as an addon/extension. It then gives you an option to translate.

Or you can go to google translate web site, copy and paste the text into there.

Sadly, google translate does not as yet work for swansealad69's ( or whatever his name is ) language.

Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:36 am

Re-reading that article, it seems to be nothing more than supposition and copy and paste from our forums.

It repeats the myth one irate person put on CCMB that at our worst we had 5k fans, which for anyone who was there is clearly utter bollocks.

Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:37 am

bluebird1977 wrote:What good are dutch fans if we own fans have taken it the arse and can nothing about it.

:lol:

Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:41 am

nerd wrote:

If you're using chrome or firefox as your web browser, google translate is available as an addon/extension. It then gives you an option to translate.

Or you can go to google translate web site, copy and paste the text into there.

Sadly, google translate does not as yet work for swansealad69's ( or whatever his name is ) language.

Thank you Nerdy, just realised Ive had to do update. Cheers pal.

Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:23 am

http://www.football.co.uk/cardiff_city/ ... 6791.shtml

Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:13 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:What good are dutch fans if we own fans have taken it the arse and can nothing about it.

Have you done anything about it yourself mate?

Just wondered?

Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:44 pm

SBF1 wrote:

Just wondered?

what could he have done
they have done what they wanted and f**k the fans

Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:02 pm

MAESTEG BLUE wrote:
SBF1 wrote:

Just wondered?

what could he have done
they have done what they wanted and f**k the fans

Some have taken season tickets for refunds, vowed never to go again etc, so some have done something about it.
Just wondered if he has.

The Malaysians will not stop me going because they like red though. :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:06 pm

Cefnfforestbluebird wrote:Just had a link emailed to me from Willem II fans in Holland who are appalled at whats happening. Its all in Dutch but shows how our club is being analysed all over europe.

http://www.indehekken.net/against-modern-football/keep-cardiff-city-blue/

THE STAND WITH THE BANNER IN LOOKS JUST LIKE THE GRAGE END