Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

PROOF WE BID FOR SORDELL

Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:10 am

just seen this on other site. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... drama.html

Re: PROOF WE BID FOR SORDELL

Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:11 am

ngriffiths wrote:just seen this on other site. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... drama.html

i was never in doubt but obviously some people just like to ignore these facts to complain more

Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:34 am

Think he could have made a difference for us,and dont think he played much for bolton

Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:37 am

I never had any doubts over the truth of the story at any stage.

Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:50 am

Good digging there mate, maybe it will shut some people up on here about saying that we never put any serious bids in for this player !!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:01 am

The club could put a bid in for Messi or Ronaldo, doesn't mean it is realistic.

Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:02 am

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:The club could put a bid in for Messi or Ronaldo, doesn't mean it is realistic.

oh for god sake the player even said he thought he ws on his way to cardiff, it must of been realistic

Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:09 am

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:The club could put a bid in for Messi or Ronaldo, doesn't mean it is realistic.

Well it's realistic when the player quotes "That at 5pm he was coming out of the team because Cardiff had come in for him,and he was happy to become a Cardiff player!"

The club could put in a bid for any player they like including the two you mentioned - but that's just silly as they isn't a cat in hells chance. But we are refering to a player he who WAS on his way to Cardiff. Which he has now confirmed. So obviously a deal of £4m was agreed what ever the circumstances on payment was, It was a done deal, until Bolton Gazumped us.

Think People should just stop doubting VT, TG and MM for the time being and just get behind the club.

Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:18 am

Adam, there was £2million ready to be transferred to Watford as a downpayment on the £3million that was bid and accepted, that is realistic.

Also Craig Noone was another serious bid also, Noone rang his mate Chris Barker on transfer deadline asking him about Cardiff as he was packing a case to make his way down, it was 'done deal' as far as Noone was concerned.

Maybe if we went after players who were less attractive to other clubs we would get the players we are bidding for but I doubt many of us would be happy if that was the case.

Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:20 am

carlccfc wrote:

Adam, there was £2million ready to be transferred to Watford as a downpayment on the £3million that was bid and accepted, that is realistic.

Also Craig Noone was another serious bid also, Noone rang his mate Chris Barker on transfer deadline asking him about Cardiff as he was packing a case to make his way down, it was 'done deal' as far as Noone was concerned.

Maybe if we went after players who were less attractive to other clubs we would get the players we are bidding for but I doubt many of us would be happy if that was the case.

cant please everyone, thats a catch 22 we want the big names but when you bid in january your competing against 5 clubs per player

Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:24 am

jezzy666 wrote:
carlccfc wrote:

cant please everyone, thats a catch 22 we want the big names but when you bid in january your competing against 5 clubs per player

Exactly :ayatollah:

Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:32 am

Hope we go back in for noone,quality player

Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:49 pm

I like the comment from Sordell "When a club of Bolton's stature comes in for you, you don't need any time to think". Hope you enjoy Championship football for the next few years Marvin....maybe next time a club comes in for you find the time to think!

Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:52 pm

Stan_B wrote:I like the comment from Sordell "When a club of Bolton's stature comes in for you, you don't need any time to think". Hope you enjoy Championship football for the next few years Marvin....maybe next time a club comes in for you find the time to think!

When I read that I'm glad we didn't sign him as he sounds a complete tool

Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:04 pm

ngriffiths wrote:Hope we go back in for noone,quality player

Would rather Will Buckley if im honest.

Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:56 pm

Merlin wrote:
ngriffiths wrote:Hope we go back in for noone,quality player

Would rather Will Buckley if im honest.

Wouldnt mind buckley,lets get them both if we got money.