Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: I still dont understand ?

Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:33 pm

Annis please can you state where you are getting 80 million + from and you are misjudging fans by calling them red lovers which is not the case and you well know it

Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:35 pm

bluecyw wrote:Annis please can you state where you are getting 80 million + from and you are misjudging fans by calling them red lovers which is not the case and you well know it

Its his board he can say and do as he likes.

Same as we are bring told its Tans club do he can do ehat he wants.

If you dont like it piss off.

Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:38 pm

CP76 wrote:
bluebird1972 wrote:
scotsjack wrote:
bluebird1972 wrote:
scotsjack wrote:
We posted a loss of over £8 million last year, they put all of the play off bonuses into last year's accounts, no idea why they done that, but yes, the Swans posted a big loss.

The accounts were up to may and play off bonuses wouldn't be paid until june

You would've thought so, but I can remember the accounts being published and they had managed to include all the bonuses hence the big loss. As I said, I have no idea why they squeezed them in on the last day of May? Can't see the difference between taking the loss one year or the next? I'm in no way an expert on these things.

did it say how much they paid in bonuses, would be suprised if more than £250,000 plus

Less than 10k a man bonus for getting a 90m windfall :lol:

Im glad your noty boss

If I was I'd sack you for being iliterate

Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:42 pm

I have to admit I'm worried about the future. Tan is a business man, a business man will ensure he doesn't lose money, so IF he puts in 100 Million, what's his payback? the equity we read about? without promotion it's worthless, maybe even with promotion it could be worthless!

Selling loads of red shirts in the far east? ha! Already have Man Utd, Liverpool and Arsenal counterfeits there. If red is such a lucky colour then why does the Malaysian national team play in BLUE!!!!

100 million is a big chunk of his personal money! What's his payback?

I can't see it and whatever it is I don''t feel comfortable about the future.

I'm also glad I'm not there to watch my beloved Bluebirds playing at home in red against a team in blue.

Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:43 pm

You missed an L in illiterate.

Oh the irony :lol:

Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:44 pm

CP76 wrote:
d20 wrote:annis,the red lovers have their heads in the sand all because of there pathetic premier league dream and their belief that vt is gonna spend big on players ...no chance cant see it ,hes hoping we go up ,the guy doesnt realise how hard it is to get out of this league.....hate all this red shit ,even my 6 year old asked "why are the shirts red we play in blue "....on top of that my 2 year old will never see the bluebirds,other than some team in red....still fuming !!

Im having difficulty explaining to my kid why the bluebirds now play in red.

A 65 year old lady said to me today, Ive been going since I was 10 years old, why are they doing this to the club I love, I only go to home games, so I want to see my team play in blue as I have always done, they are my Bluebirds, if I wanted to see the Red and the Dragon I would go to the Rugby or to St Davids day. We have never had real money but always survived with pride, money has ruined us, she went on but with tears in her eyes, I put her on the phone to Carl who is suddenly a Red fan and even he could not convince her to ever accept Red. These Malaysians are dividing and killing the heart in our club. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:44 pm

CP76 wrote:
d20 wrote:annis,the red lovers have their heads in the sand all because of there pathetic premier league dream and their belief that vt is gonna spend big on players ...no chance cant see it ,hes hoping we go up ,the guy doesnt realise how hard it is to get out of this league.....hate all this red shit ,even my 6 year old asked "why are the shirts red we play in blue "....on top of that my 2 year old will never see the bluebirds,other than some team in red....still fuming !!

A 65 year old lady said to me today, Ive been going since I was 10 years old, why are they doing this to the club I love, I only go to home games, so I want to see my team play in blue as I have always done, they are my Bluebirds, if I wanted to see the Red and the Dragon I would go to the Rugby or to St Davids day. We have never had real money but always survived with pride, money has ruined us, she went on but with tears in her eyes, I put her on the phone to Carl who is suddenly a Red fan and even he could not convince her to ever accept Red. These Malaysians are dividing and killing the heart in our club. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:45 pm

CP76 wrote:

Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:46 pm

Owain wrote:
stickywicket wrote:7% is what sam/Langston charged on their loan.

And it is what VT is charging on his current loans.

7% of £40m could get us a new striker :lol:

Sadly correct Owain.

Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:46 pm

bluelover wrote:Like any other business, to take advantage of the market, you cannot disclose exactly what your plans are or someone else will go and do the same thing. It's very hard for owners of football clubs as the fans constantly want to know what is going on and when a club changes its colour and badge then a proportion insist that they insist on full explanations.

To me its very simple. VT is a very successful businessman and I am very happy for him to try and change the fortunes of my football club. If he fails then it's simple to change the shirt and badge back. I honestly don't understand why people such as Annis are all of a sudden panicking about issues like size of current debt etc when nothing has changed financially than it was the case before the investment.

A plan is put forward to rid of us of all debts and within days VT is being blamed for allowing the debts to increase by the owner of this site. I can't emphasise enough how much I am disappointed in Annis for the scaremongering that he is causing right now which is damaging the relationship between longstanding friends. It wouldn't surprise me if fights broke out between people wearing red shirts and blue shirts at the first game of the season if this keeps up. Thank god we have enough time before then for the Malysians to prove themselves

Top post!

Strange how anyone who doesn't share his view is now a 'red lover', makes a change from calling everyone plastics I guess.

The same people who are now raising this debt issue are the same people who were slagging the club off for not spending in January. This debt issue suits their agenda simple as.

Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:48 pm

CP76 wrote:
bluecyw wrote:Annis please can you state where you are getting 80 million + from and you are misjudging fans by calling them red lovers which is not the case and you well know it

The accounts show £72 mill debt.
They are old and Allan Whitley has admitted the debts are rising fast, so they could be even more.
But who is running our club and making these debts ?

Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:50 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
CP76 wrote:
m having difficulty explaining to my kid why the bluebirds now play in red.

65 year old lady said to me today, Ive been going since I was 10 years old, why are they doing this to the club I love, I only go to home games, so I want to see my team play in blue as I have always done, they are my Bluebirds, if I wanted to see the Red and the Dragon I would go to the Rugby or to St Davids day. We have never had real money but always survived with pride, money has ruined us, she went on but with tears in her eyes, I put her on the phone to Carl who is suddenly a Red fan and even he could not convince her to ever accept Red. These Malaysians are dividing and killing the heart in our club. :cry: :cry: :cry:
None of the old guard should be accepting these changes.
The 10,000 or so plastics weve picked up since thr cup final dont know any different but the old guard should know better.
As for the old guard actually taking pleasure in this change and rubbing it in? Disgraceful.

Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:51 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
CP76 wrote:

The accounts show £72 mill debt.
They are old and Allan Whitley has admitted the debts are rising fast, so they could be even more.
But who is running our club and making these debts ?

They need someone in the club day to day who knows what they are doing not the likes of Borley and Whitely.

Bring bck the Riddler :old:

Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:57 pm

CP76 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
CP76 wrote:
m having difficulty explaining to my kid why the bluebirds now play in red.

65 year old lady said to me today, Ive been going since I was 10 years old, why are they doing this to the club I love, I only go to home games, so I want to see my team play in blue as I have always done, they are my Bluebirds, if I wanted to see the Red and the Dragon I would go to the Rugby or to St Davids day. We have never had real money but always survived with pride, money has ruined us, she went on but with tears in her eyes, I put her on the phone to Carl who is suddenly a Red fan and even he could not convince her to ever accept Red. These Malaysians are dividing and killing the heart in our club. :cry: :cry: :cry:
None of the old guard should be accepting these changes.
The 10,000 or so plastics weve picked up since thr cup final dont know any different but the old guard should know better.
As for the old guard actually taking pleasure in this change and rubbing it in? Disgraceful.

The disgrace is other supporters calling people who don't agree with their view a 'plastic'.

Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:59 pm

Well they are 'plastic and fake' as far as I am concerned.

Wankers who would sell their dead grannies organs jyst to play in the PL

Parasites

Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:09 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Owain wrote:
stickywicket wrote:7% is what sam/Langston charged on their loan.

And it is what VT is charging on his current loans.

7% of £40m could get us a new striker :lol:

Sadly correct Owain.

Surely you can't blame them for taking such a low interest.
Anyone know the interest on Steve Borleys loans?
We know Langston charge 7% (even if it seems it doesn't get paid)

Surely any sane business person would charge at least the same amount of interest as others with debt over the club.

And let's remember both ridsdale and Sam used to take out fees into company's they had.
Sam through Rugwick and PR I forget the company name but it was in the papers as going "bankrupt"

Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:18 pm

CP76 wrote:Well they are 'plastic and fake' as far as I am concerned.

Wankers who would sell their dead grannies organs jyst to play in the PL

Parasites

So you're right and everyone else with an opposing view is wrong?

I think you need to be more open minded and respect other people's view without resorting to childish name calling.

Be a man about it, by all means have a debate but be constructive.

At the end of the day we all care about the same thing - Cardiff City FC.

Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:25 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
CP76 wrote:

Tell her if she really really loved the club, the colour of the shirt is irrelevant.Ask her what is it she loves, the colour blue, because we have played in quite a few different shades of blue, or the sense of belonging to our local club that represents our area our people, no matter what colour they wear, still our club, still in business and moving forward.
Ask her how she'd feel if her beloved club went out of business over a colour?

Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:28 pm

BigGwynram wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
CP76 wrote:

Tell her if she really really loved the club, the colour of the shirt is irrelevant.Ask her what is it she loves, the colour blue, because we have played in quite a few different shades of blue, or the sense of belonging to our local club that represents our area our people, no matter what colour they wear, still our club, still in business and moving forward.

Gwyn, Gwyn, I am stunned/shocked at u, for 2 years u have detested these Malaysians, yet suddenly in the last month u are supporting everything they are doing,even though they have constantly lied. Why the dramatic change Gwyn ?

Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:30 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
BigGwynram wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
CP76 wrote:

Gwyn, Gwyn, I am stunned/shocked at u, for 2 years u have detested these Malaysians, yet suddenly in the last month u are supporting everything they are doing,even though they have constantly lied. Why the dramatic change Gwyn ?

Sam's getting paid??

Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:31 pm

CraigCCFC wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
BigGwynram wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
CP76 wrote:

Sam's getting paid??

Craig, I wasnt going to go down that route, but Gwyn continues to belittle our fans and mock them, yet they are hurting.

Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:35 pm

The belittling is both ways Annis I.e. calling everyone who doesn't share your view a 'red lover'.

Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:39 pm

A 65 year old lady said to me today, Ive been going since I was 10 years old, why are they doing this to the club I love, I only go to home games, so I want to see my team play in blue as I have always done, they are my Bluebirds, if I wanted to see the Red and the Dragon I would go to the Rugby or to St Davids day. We have never had real money but always survived with pride, money has ruined us, she went on but with tears in her eyes, I put her on the phone to Carl who is suddenly a Red fan and even he could not convince her to ever accept Red. These Malaysians are dividing and killing the heart in our club. :cry: :cry: :cry:[/quote]

Ask her how she'd feel if her beloved club went out of business over a colour?[/quote]

Gwyn, Gwyn, I am stunned/shocked at u, for 2 years u have detested these Malaysians, yet suddenly in the last month u are supporting everything they are doing,even though they have constantly lied. Why the dramatic change Gwyn ?[/quote]

Sam's getting paid??[/quote]

Craig, I wasnt going to go down that route, but Gwyn continues to belittle our fans and mock them, yet they are hurting.[/quote]

It was said tongue in cheek. Im trying to stay out of it really, just adding little comments here and there. It does hurt still but the board has turned into name calling centre from both sides and thats whats worse for me, fans turning on each other for feeling different.

Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:39 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
BigGwynram wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
CP76 wrote:

Detested the Malaysians, I don't know the Malaysians, how did you feel when they came into to rescue us from the brink, were you relieved, I was.

I didn't know enough about them to make any major decsions, just glad they stepped in to keep us going, however i was prepared to keep my powder dry and see what they had planned, but from what I can see now, they have backed up their vision and committeemen with investment.

Like others I have thought they got ulterior motives, but what are they, you can't rob a man with no money, and we ain't got no money, who are they going to rip off, the crown jewels have been sold, the pot is empty.

They may see a potential to invest and make money off us if we are successful in the future, but I can live with that, if they sell us on for a profit in ten years time, then I'll be one big fat happy man.

Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:40 pm

Gonzo wrote:The belittling is both ways Annis I.e. calling everyone who doesn't share your view a 'red lover'.

I can not believe our fans can change from Blue to Red within hours, I honestly can not understand and its hurting me.

Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:48 pm

Gwyn in all fairness has an almost irefutable point here Annis. You can't rob a man with nothing, and if Tan is bankrolling the club he can do what he wants,.

Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:49 pm

http://soccerlens.com/new-cardiff-city-kits-crest/94177/

The New Cardiff City: Red, Black And Mismanaged All Over

By Soccerlens on June 7th, 2012

The new Cardiff City ‘branding’ is the perfect example of how NOT to run a football club. What’s worse is – most media outlets have simply repeated the press releases put out by Cardiff City without bothering to offer any context to what has just happened.

The decision to change club crest and colours – and it’s a wonder that the the club itself wasn’t renamed to Malaysia FC – can only be understood in terms of businessmen using ‘foreign assets’ for local gain – which is what Cardiff City is for the new Malaysian owner. However, despite his Premier League ambitions for the club, the owner hasn’t invested money in the club (debts are still owed although the new deal has ‘promised’ to pay them off quickly) until now, where the change in colours / crest is being covered by a promise that money will be invested in training facilities and stadium expansion.

The ‘rebranding’ has been explained as a need to make Cardiff City more acceptable to East Asian audiences. Given that the best possible method of doing that would be to a) get Cardiff City promoted to the Premier League and b) build a strong ‘local’ brand that gives Cardiff City positive press in England that can then be translated into widespread coverage in Malaysia, ignoring fan interests is idiotic.

To the Malaysian owners it means nothing – and to an extent that makes sense – a business logo is just a logo, which is easier to change before it’s famous and presented to millions of customers instead of changing it after their rise to fame. But the fact that they’ve treated Cardiff City as a purely business asset – and in the process blackmailing supporters through the process of debt repayment and investment – shows that they don’t understand football or footballing audiences at all.

The move may end up increasing Cardiff City’s acceptability in Malaysia, but as we’ve seen with Chelsea – it’s not the colours, it’s the on-field success that matters. And as we’re reminded on a daily basis by Blackburn, owners who don’t understand football end up damaging their brand instead of improving it.

It’s not that the new owners have initiated a change in crest or colours – the Cardiff City crest has undergone changes in the last two decades – but it’s the manner and motivation behind the change that’s an issue.

It would have been far easier to simply engage the fans and let them take responsibility for ‘upgrading’ the club’s branding – mismanaging relations with the fans means the owners will always be mistrusted – not a great start for someone who wants to use the club to enhance his personal image.

Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:50 pm

Damned Yank wrote:Gwyn in all fairness has an almost irefutable point here Annis. You can't rob a man with nothing, and if Tan is bankrolling the club he can do what he wants,.

Well VT is doing what he wants, but that does not mean I have to agree and roll over, true or not ?

Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:51 pm

Damned Yank wrote:Gwyn in all fairness has an almost irefutable point here Annis. You can't rob a man with nothing, and if Tan is bankrolling the club he can do what he wants,.

Which is my point from my earlier post. he must have reasons for any investment and I for one don't think its from the goodness of his heart. If he wanted to donate to charity, there are plenty of worthy causes.

What is Tan's objective? what is his payback?

Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:54 pm

Snaag wrote:

Which is my point from my earlier post. he must have reasons for any investment and I for one don't think its from the goodness of his heart. If he wanted to donate to charity, there are plenty of worthy causes.

What is Tan's objective? what is his payback?

he'll sell us on at a profit