Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Tan the man

Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:27 pm

Has divided us big time .

If you are blue and hate the new badge then you just dont see the bigger picture which is money money money.

IF you are red and like the new badge then you are a sellout of the clubs identity history and soul.

How does this situation ever end its just a future merry go round of bickering and arguing between what should be a club of unified fans that it always has been.

I can see there being arguing on the stands between us fans and i fear a real mess and a Major embarrasing situation ahead for Cardiff City.

The whole re branding has been a big mess they should of explained things to us and I think eventually we would have made a compromise with it all.

If they see re branding as the only way forward then they should have re branded us very carefully keeping some of the clubs traditional values so the long standing fans could of identified with this new look.

Its all been done gun ho with no consideration for the clubs history and identity and that is what is so hurtful to the blue followers.We all care blue or red but the whole situation has been handled inadequately.

We dont even now the full extent of the investment or the answers to key question like paying of debts etc but lots of people have stripped off and jumped in head first.

Time will tell weather Tan the man will pull all this off or not but the in house anger and disagreements between fans of the same club will go on and on and thats the only thing Tan has achieved so far.

Re: Tan the man

Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:30 pm

Born a Bluebird and i will die a bluebird but call me a sell out, I will be in the Red camp

Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:34 pm

BluebirdCarwyn wrote:Born a Bluebird and i will die a bluebird but call me a sell out, I will be in the Red camp

That's the awy I feel as well :ayatollah:

Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:35 pm

BluebirdCarwyn wrote:Born a Bluebird and i will die a bluebird but call me a sell out, I will be in the Red camp

I am just sating the facts here and was hoping for some good response and debate its not about what camp u are in its the worry of the in house disagreements between us fans and what your views are on it and a possible way forward cos I cant see a way forward.

Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:48 pm

Nobody knows the answer do they so we will just keep on arguing then .

Well done V T you just created a civil war

Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:56 am

The simple answer is we are an insolvent club trading and losing/spending £1.2m a month! Without their cash/loans/investment - call it what ever you like - I doubt there would be a Cardiff City - and even if administration was an option - I doubt if we would ever come out if it!

So that fact remains, we have been FORCED to accept the fact we will be re-branded in Red, whether we like it or not! I am a blue - and want to remain blue, but like a lot of the posters on this board, we have been forced to accept these changes for the good of the club. Nobody is happy with it, and nobody actually WANTS to go red, but for the reason stated above.

There is an option for fans that aren't in approval and are totally against the Re-branding - and that it to forget Cardiff City as you once knew it, and go do something else on a Saturday afternoon? but remember, nobody is forcing you to stay away. For me - Cardiff is my City & Club, and like the majority of posters - I will be there come rain or shine for the coming season to back my team, manager and players on the pitch.

Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:11 am

Anyone that buys the new red shirt should not be intimidated, bullied or scorned. They are just giving financial support to the club. Please remember that before this all happened there would have been not a single person who had been thinking "I wish we could change the colour of our strip!" so this is something that has pardon the pun "come completely out of the blue!"
So those that choose to support the red are not condoning the change they are just supporting the club. The only people who gain from infighting will be our opponents.

Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:02 am

Merlin wrote:The simple answer is we are an insolvent club trading and losing/spending £1.2m a month! Without their cash/loans/investment - call it what ever you like - I doubt there would be a Cardiff City - and even if administration was an option - I doubt if we would ever come out if it!

So that fact remains, we have been FORCED to accept the fact we will be re-branded in Red, whether we like it or not! I am a blue - and want to remain blue, but like a lot of the posters on this board, we have been forced to accept these changes for the good of the club. Nobody is happy with it, and nobody actually WANTS to go red, but for the reason stated above.

There is an option for fans that aren't in approval and are totally against the Re-branding - and that it to forget Cardiff City as you once knew it, and go do something else on a Saturday afternoon? but remember, nobody is forcing you to stay away. For me - Cardiff is my City & Club, and like the majority of posters - I will be there come rain or shine for the coming season to back my team, manager and players on the pitch.

complete bollocks sorry mate .How do you no if this re branding didnt happen we would be insolvent tan said himself the re branding wasnt going to happen as he didnt want to upset fans and we would stay blue and carry on in another direction so you have no proof that the club would go into insolvency if we stayed blue and there was never an ultimatum given like tan saying if we dont go red then the club is over.

I think if you are against the club going red etc then you and many others should grow a pair of balls and stand up for what you really want aferall many people like you just caved in at the first hurdel without even finding out more detail which at the mo nobody knows anything about anything thats why the term sellouts is being used a lot youve jumped in head first into what? and nobody FORCED you to do anything you do that on your own mate.

Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:08 am

there we go proof the areuments will never blow over will it .

Well done Mr Tan you divided are football club what next.This man is an idiot end of,